Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The pvp is slightly growing on me but it's still a terrible direction to take the game.

Countdown needs to go to 4
Survival needs to go to 3

Quickplay scores need to be reduced by a third

(Player count needs to go to 6)

We need to have selectable game modes, and we need the return of Big Team Battle from Halo 3 (which would just be 6s).

Also, Custom Lobbies so we can have a sweet XBone Krew Elite PvP Tournament!

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Brine posted:

Predicting that Xur tomorrow will be feedback arms, sunbracers, lucky pants, and prospector.

You shut the gently caress up before bungie hears you

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Love how quickplay is constant emblem bros and extremely close matches going to time and competitive is is a bunch of 6-1/4-1 romps

Odd, my experience is exactly the opposite of this, it's why I stopped even doing Quickplay at all.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Quickplay has been consistently good for me idk

Miggles
Dec 8, 2003

Got 3x Kinetic +5 legendary mods, for my first 3 legendary mods! Lucky!

Even happy with the other loot that I am getting on my Titan.

I guess this makes up for not getting a Gallahorn until the night before Xur sold it the 2nd time..... the next day everyone had one!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Is there going to be a clan culling on ps4 at some point to boot the inactives, and to ensure all clans hit the weekly rewards by condensing the actives play togeather.

Also how loving dumb is it you can't just set a flag to show clan members you want to do a thing?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
It's really dumb, football guy, no doubt

Why is 4v4 better for esports? Some of the most popular exports games like dots and lol are 5v5........

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

Why is 4v4 better for esports? Some of the most popular exports games like dots and lol are 5v5........

They didn't do 4v4 for esports, they did 4v4 so they only had to make one size of map. Bungie got really mad that no one liked First Light so instead of doing small, medium, and large maps they flipped off the entire world and make only medium maps.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone noticed the rewards are different between the two crucible queues? On quickplay you get more shaxx tokens but less purples. It's quite clear after even a medium sample size of matches.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Here's a website that will show you all the recorded game clips you show up in:

https://guardian.theater

Be prepared for them to all be clips of you getting killed by some stupid sweaty in crucible.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

super macho dude posted:

Quickplay has been consistently good for me idk

Well I guess I should clarify, Quickplay always tended to drop me into matches where we just stomp the other team, which isn't really why I play. I like close matches even if my team loses.

Last night, stupid dork dropped out after losing the first point of Set The Bombs. The 3 of us left still won because that mode is clownshoes easy on offense AND defense if your team is even remotely competent.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Norns posted:

Is there going to be a clan culling on ps4 at some point to boot the inactives, and to ensure all clans hit the weekly rewards by condensing the actives play togeather.

Also how loving dumb is it you can't just set a flag to show clan members you want to do a thing?

Someone said a month but I don't think that was actually an admin.

Also I think the overflow clans had their leadership promoted fairly randomly, so we may very well have clans end up leaderless.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Funkmaster General posted:

Be prepared for them to all be clips of you getting killed by some stupid sweaty in crucible.

Or, you can cherry pick the moments when you made people mad.

https://i.imgur.com/TG0CLIa.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i promise you its really really good

:unsmith:

One day...

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Vacation starts in the morning, which means warlock supremacy all day and night.

Any planned raids or a trials possibly?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Come to Quickplay game mode in the next 15 minutes if you want an asskicking

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Funkmaster General posted:

*In Shaxx voice*

"This is amazing!"

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
PVP in this game is cool because I already got my flawless trials run in so I never have to play it again.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

easier to put a team together with or without the backing of an org along with being much cheaper.

xzzy posted:

They didn't do 4v4 for esports, they did 4v4 so they only had to make one size of map. Bungie got really mad that no one liked First Light so instead of doing small, medium, and large maps they flipped off the entire world and make only medium maps.

i have nothing tangible to give you to back this up so we'll just have to wait and see but i work in the industry where my role that requires me to talk to studios, esports orgs, streamers, events and other endemics about future plans on a daily basis. especially this time of the year when 2018 planning is happening. there is a reason Activision got involved. they can utilize everything Blizzard has created for PC gaming and the upcoming Overwatch league. every studio wants to have a successful esports IP because there is a gently caress ton amount of money in the space right now with no signs of slowing down.

Blizzard more than anyone wants a piece and will keep trying until they get it due to self loathing and saltiness they've experienced since passing on dota2 (even though they would have ruined it)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah we've been absolutely wrecking in the competitive playlist (I'm basically aiming a sword) and every match in quickplay is obvious trials teams

Maybe it's the time of day west coast

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's almost as if trials sweaties care nothing about having close games and just want to curb stomp scrubs.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

It's almost as if trials sweaties care nothing about having close games and just want to curb stomp scrubs.

Actually the Bushido code of gaming states that they must play the competitive playlist lest they bring shame to their emblem

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Actually the Bushido code of gaming states that they must play the competitive playlist lest they bring shame to their emblem

Well there's your problem. Unless it's a flavor of doritos the flawless emblem crowd ain't gonna read it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Comp only because, as already mentioned, gently caress Supremecy

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Is there some weird bug with Playstation plus right now? It says I don't have it and I just renewed 4 days ago and have an email to prove it, but destiny and my Playstation profile thing both say I don't have it anymore. It was working fine up until Monday and today I'm getting the error

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Is there some weird bug with Playstation plus right now? It says I don't have it and I just renewed 4 days ago and have an email to prove it, but destiny and my Playstation profile thing both say I don't have it anymore. It was working fine up until Monday and today I'm getting the error

PSN has had that bug for years now. Try rebuilding your database.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Mill Village posted:

PSN has had that bug for years now. Try rebuilding your database.

"Might take a couple hours" great

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
faction rally news post is up, spoilers all the faction gear is still reskins

might have to pledge dead orbit if it's heavy gear but we'll see.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
apparently there's a special weapon each faction will sell, only if they win, so pretty much we will always be getting whatever the FWC weapon is

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

I have a 99 win percentage. I fuuucking love me some pvp.

I play Quick play because
A) the connections are not as poo poo
B) games dont take 15 minutes to find
C) its less likely the enemy team drops 2 players a round in
D) I don't get survival where the enemy team gets one pick with mida team shots and then hides trying to play for time instead of kills.

Competitive is a decent enough playlist and if my bros are down I'll run that but I'd rather get 10 games under my belt than 5 in the same time and I'd rather play a few chuckle fucks from Australia in a stack or not than play a 3 man team from the US and a random pubbie from Saudi Arabia who drops a round in when he gets his career ended.

Even in Quick play the matchmaking can be tight at times. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. They built a game where you need to work as a team. So people play in a team. So they win, so their match making gets harder, so they need to play with a good team to do well, So they win... and on and on it goes.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

TWAB for those who want to click

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Buying the winning factions weapon, if you aren't pledged to that faction, is going to cost 50k glimmer. If you are a member it costs 1k.

Thank god I leveled three characters because I haven't had 50k glimmer for awhile

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wow one of those is butt

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
All goons must ironically pledge new monarchy for that sidearm

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

It was a cold dark night in the tower as I waited for someone to carry me in trials. Suddenly, I got a message, it was poom!

"Hey do you want to go flawless in trials?"

I couldn't believe my fortune, as typically poom betty and sinaddr simply made ignored me when I asked if they wanted to run a card. All together they joined me in the tower.

"You ready?"

"Sure but..."

Something was wrong. They were all warlocks. Poom was always a hunter. He also seemed to not be blazed to hell, another first.

"But first we need to do one thing to prepare."

Poom, betty and sinaddr pulled out their arc soul

"Get on your knees."

I wasn't sure what was happening, but I really wanted to go flawless, so I did it.

All of a sudden, all three arc souls were firing at me! For what seemed like an endless amount of time, I was being showered in white arc souls. I was exhausted but also felt cleansed.

"One more thing" they said.

All three took out their coldhearts and began to spray their laser beams onto my face. Despite the name, the beams were felt warm and refreshing.

Once they were done, I received my emblem.

I never thought this could happen to me. And I could think of no better word to describe it than flawless.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
imagine writing that and thinking it was a good idea

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

actionjackson posted:

It was a cold dark night in the tower as I waited for someone to carry me in trials. Suddenly, I got a message, it was poom!

"Hey do you want to go flawless in trials?"

I couldn't believe my fortune, as typically poom betty and sinaddr simply made ignored me when I asked if they wanted to run a card. All together they joined me in the tower.

"You ready?"

"Sure but..."

Something was wrong. They were all warlocks. Poom was always a hunter. He also seemed to not be blazed to hell, another first.

"But first we need to do one thing to prepare."

Poom, betty and sinaddr pulled out their arc soul

"Get on your knees."

I wasn't sure what was happening, but I really wanted to go flawless, so I did it.

All of a sudden, all three arc souls were firing at me! For what seemed like an endless amount of time, I was being showered in white arc souls. I was exhausted but also felt cleansed.

"One more thing" they said.

All three took out their coldhearts and began to spray their laser beams onto my face. Despite the name, the beams were felt warm and refreshing.

Once they were done, I received my emblem.

I never thought this could happen to me. And I could think of no better word to describe it than flawless.

Well, quoting this

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a raid linear fusion rifle?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Titan - NM
Hunter - DO
Warlock - FWC