Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

my ex gf and then close friend loved doing sudoku Puzzles, she carried a little book around and filled in the numbers while riding the bus or slow times at work, or even while we were chilling at my house. she was tough and quirky but I always thought that was adorable.

she got cancer though, and died pretty fast after it was diagnosed, maybe 8 months from official diagnosis. too young, 32. died one day before her birthday.

I really miss her. I hope you're in a better place, M, there will never be anyone like you in my life again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Doc Block posted:

Hmm, yes, take a picture, upload it to Google, then hope their thing recognizes it and solves it ~In The Cloud~

OR

Point your iPhone at it and it gets recognized & solved almost instantly on the device

🤔 Which of these is easier and also more impressive 🤔

lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

my ex gf and then close friend loved doing sudoku Puzzles, she carried a little book around and filled in the numbers while riding the bus or slow times at work, or even while we were chilling at my house. she was tough and quirky but I always thought that was adorable.

she got cancer though, and died pretty fast after it was diagnosed, maybe 8 months from official diagnosis. too young, 32. died one day before her birthday.

I really miss her. I hope you're in a better place, M, there will never be anyone like you in my life again

It's always interesting what can remind you of a person. I'm sorry for your loss.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Schadenboner posted:

It's always interesting what can remind you of a person. I'm sorry for your loss.
i was going to say the same thing, every other week or so I hit something that reminds me of my late father. grief is a sneaky thing that never really goes away

for your sake, cfs, i'm hoping sudoku takes a plummet in popularity in the near future

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the key takeaway: gently caress cancer

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FMguru posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
💕 to all yall

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

indeed

so how about those iPhones xXx📱💫

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

indeed

so how about those iPhones xXx📱💫

I hear they can solve Sudoku puzzles now?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

this is just continuing steves legacy of making GBS threads all over final cut users

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

echinopsis posted:

💕 to all yall

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

this is just continuing steves legacy of making GBS threads all over final cut users

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/electrolemon/status/910934485834776576

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
does iOSXI still hang onto the slightest remnant of a wifi signal by its fingernails even though it's fairly obvious that it would be faster to mail you the packets and assemble them by hand instead of switching to LTE?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FMguru posted:

careful, this is a controversial sentiment, especially in the apple thread

you might get super edgelords making tasteless jokes

eg: the below post

Stymie fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 21, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stymie posted:

careful, this is a controversial sentiment, especially in the apple thread

you might get super edgelords making tasteless jokes

both fruits and asses are generally famous for their distinctive tastes

coke
Jul 12, 2009

THC posted:

yeah this is actually smart. wifi is still on, it's just disconnected you from your wifi at that location and won't reconnect until either your location changes significantly, you toggle it back on, or you manually rejoin the network (or 5am the next day). effectively solving the 'forgot to turn wifi back on and used up all my data' problem. if you want it fully and completely turned off you just go into settings and turn it off

poty posted:

thats exactly what the toggle does now it disconnects you from the lovely network youre on without turning it off forever you leading brand of retard
if that's the case, then shouldnt the wifi icon become grayed out or turn 'off' by itself when you go outside the wifi range because your 'network are getting disconnected'? why would it gray out when you press it to disconnect from the network but not when you are getting disconnected because you are going out of range?

i understand the how and why they are doing it, just that it seems sucks the fact that they've made the toggle ambiguous and inconsistent

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Perplx posted:

all the bad stuff in the verge article will be fixed with updates

ah yes the good ol "will be fixed with an update later"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

coke posted:

yet another example of tim's lack of leadership

steve wouldn't have let his subordinates push out an unfinished product to meet a deadline and get a bonus, he would delay the product and not give them the bonus because they didn't loving earn it

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

your phone os is poo poo

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Stymie posted:

steve wouldn't have let his subordinates push out an unfinished product to meet a deadline and get a bonus, he would delay the product and not give them the bonus because they didn't loving earn it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
it's been a while since I've restored from backup but previously if you did it via wire from iTunes it wouldn't really re-download apps, it would just transfer them from iTunes right

well now iTunes has had apps carved out of it. does this mean the apps have to be redownloaded OTA no matter what?

I guess I should do a test wipe and restore at home on fast WiFi, just in case

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

does iOSXI still hang onto the slightest remnant of a wifi signal by its fingernails even though it's fairly obvious that it would be faster to mail you the packets and assemble them by hand instead of switching to LTE?

yup!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

hmm. maybe now that I think about it you always had to redownload your apps from wifi, even with a wired encrypted backup

oh well, not like I have a lot of choice, just going to have to suffer the slow work wifi

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

haha

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

well this got real loving dark real quick

ufarn
May 30, 2009

coke posted:

2018 is the year of macos on desktop

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Apps being in iTunes made no loving sense to me. They should be downloaded from the cloud when needed, it's not like you need a local copy of the binary just the user data if anything

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

[quote="“Kenny Logins”" post="“476632011”"]
it’s been a while since I’ve restored from backup but previously if you did it via wire from iTunes it wouldn’t really re-download apps, it would just transfer them from iTunes right

well now iTunes has had apps carved out of it. does this mean the apps have to be redownloaded OTA no matter what?

I guess I should do a test wipe and restore at home on fast WiFi, just in case
[/quote]

removing features from iTunes is a good move

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Turn off retard quotes people

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

emoji posted:

Turn off retard quotes people

But then who would quote you?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Dodoman posted:

U

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Dodoman posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

[quote="“Millstone”" post="“476641840”"]
Apps being in iTunes made no loving sense to me. They should be downloaded from the cloud when needed, it’s not like you need a local copy of the binary just the user data if anything
[/quote]
yeah, i think a wired encrypted backup works basically like that now. i ran a test wipe + restore last night and it does have all the apps come down OTA wireless... maybe it's been like that for a while though

one thing that i hadn't thought of tho is that it's smart using my mba instead of my windows desktop for it, because the tfa requires you to have another device handy during the restore. that part's new to me

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

so yeah wtf are quotes broken now or something

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Kenny Logins posted:

so yeah wtf are quotes broken now or something

awful.app broke it hehe

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Kenny Logins posted: