Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Most of the VS System games are straight-up upgrades from their NES counterparts, in both gameplay and content.

Urban Champion, though, is beyond help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Did anyone buy steam world dig 2?

Yeah and it owns. Worth the $20 for sure.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

[quote="“Frankston”" post="“476629856”"]
Yes
[/quote]

And??

[quote="“Primpin and Pimpin”" post="“476630368”"]
Yeah and it owns. Worth the $20 for sure.
[/quote]

Ok then! Buying it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It's perfect for the Switch

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
As a fan of LucasArts point and click games that somehow never got to play Thimbleweed Park before the Switch, it's very good!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I got it on iOS because it's half price. Can't justify paying the Switch premium

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Steam World Dig 2 is really good y’all.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I got it on iOS because it's half price. Can't justify paying the Switch premium

But yea just to be clear the full version of Thimbleweed Park went on sale today on iOS for only 10

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i never saw this before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nNevy8K618

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

It's a shame Konami didn't appreciate his work, because the Switch is just asking for an MGS collection, with a Limited Edition peripheral that allows you to gunsling a joycon like Revolver Ocelot, or do more Psycho Mantis tricks. :ocelot::smug:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

It's a shame Konami didn't appreciate his work, because the Switch is just asking for an MGS collection, with a Limited Edition peripheral that allows you to gunsling a joycon like Revolver Ocelot, or do more Psycho Mantis tricks. :ocelot::smug:

They did just announce a remake of Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner with 4k graphics and VR on PS4, so anything can happen when Konami is desperate.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Heads up for those that were looking to get that RAVPower 26800mAh power bank. It's 56 bucks before tax with a coupon code: https://slickdeals.net/f/10584316-ravpower-26800-pd-portable-charger-26800mah-usb-c-power-bank-is-for-56-00-on-amazon-with-promo-code

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Detective No. 27 posted:

They did just announce a remake of Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner with 4k graphics and VR on PS4, so anything can happen when Konami is desperate.

Also they just released MGS2 on Shield for some reason. I could see the HD collection coming to Switch. I hope so.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Suikoden 6 when? :(

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I... don't know how that game works but what's the trigger to tell you to shoot? Because Kojima begins his shot almost 1-2 frames before the screen starts the animation to tell you to shoot, making this look like he predicted when he'd have to shoot rather than reacted to anything.

I know this is a dumb post, I just wonder.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Detective No. 27 posted:

God drat it it PS4 keeps making me want to buy one

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Consummate Professional posted:

God drat it it PS4 keeps making me want to buy one

Not worth it.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

:whitewater:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what is it

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

30fps, downgraded graphics and three times the price

BUT PORTABILITY

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

*leans in* alright what are we lookin' at here

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Does anyone know if you can share digital games on the switch like you can with XBox One?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

a.lo posted:

what is it

Tatsuta Age posted:

*leans in* alright what are we lookin' at here

It's just the cavity the Doom Slayer's armor was in, jeez. :rolleyes:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i for one cannot believe a switch is not as powerful as a playstation 4

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Ya, digital foundry put up a video today where they built a PC and downclocked it to similar specs to the Switch and ran Doom on lowest settings and compared the video quality to the Switch trailer. Basically, they are guessing low settings on a variable resolution (probably hovering around 540) at 30fps with optimization. Even the PC's lowest settings had better textures than the Switch video. Obviously that is all speculation and doesn't include the optimization Bethesda announced.

That said, they said their hands on demo had it running better than their little test PC and they seemed impressed and pretty optimistic about the release. So with the expected lower graphics quality and 30fps, it seems like it will run smooth and is promising for other AAA titles. Though the engine Doom runs on seems to be more versatile than most, so other ports may be harder.

The same people who were in charge of the port for Doom are also doing the Rocket League port, so it isn't Bethesda directly doing it.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Why is the switch side so much more red than the PS4 side? The image is a jpg and you can see a lot of artifacts on all the red regions.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Steve Jorbs posted:

Why is the switch side so much more red than the PS4 side? The image is a jpg and you can see a lot of artifacts on all the red regions.

Its just a red light at the moment of that still, it isn't always red vs gray/black. If you watch the digital foundry video, you will see side-by-side and how much lower res and lower texture the Switch version is, which is expected.

I am tempted to get it still, but i dunno. I should just finish my campaign on PS4 and maybe look into Wolfenstein 2 on the Switch over PS4.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oh, is the brand new Wolfenstein coming out on Switch? poo poo, I'll get that instead of the PS4 version. Or I'll just wait for it to be $20. It actually looks really good. I know The New Order/Blood were good, but the one coming out later this year looks really good.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

it is, but not until 2018 on switch

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

XyrlocShammypants posted:

30fps, downgraded graphics and three times the price

BUT PORTABILITY

I can't believe the Switch version is gonna be $180

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Name/post ftw

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why do toolboxes always smell bad?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Takoluka posted:

I can't believe the Switch version is gonna be $180

Doom is a mega hit its price is around 20 dollars all the time now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

Why do toolboxes always smell bad?

Its true

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

Doom is a mega hit its price is around 20 dollars all the time now

Sales aren't MSRP, bitch

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

talk about owned

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Sales aren't MSRP, bitch

Only twice as much.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Improbable Lobster posted:

Sales aren't MSRP, bitch

Dooms msrp is 29.99.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

More like improbable ownedster

Adbot