Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

This is the ideal situation.

The ideal, ideal situation:

PS4
Wii U
Switch
PC with at least a last gen video card (because any PC exclusive worth playing doesn't have high end graphics)
3ds
Vita
GBA SP AGS101
PSP w/ CFW
PS3 1st gen w/ backwards compatibility
Dreamcast

This will allow you to play nearly any game ever made.

And I guess a Bone. But only if all the boxes above are clicked first

Truth, also just skip the bone unless you have to have forza, there are so few games that aren't also on PS4 and better on PS4.

[quote="“SeANMcBAY”" post="“476622954”"]
The best set up is to only own Nintendo consoles with a gaming PC and to borrow your friend’s PlayStation for those few excellent exclusives.
[/quote]

This is the real wisdom, although I'll say that I plan to buy a PS4 pro and PSVR when they get cheap (after the PS5/PSVR2 drops I guess) and go back to play all the vr content because gently caress coughing up like 3 grand for a vive and vr capable pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

That Doom footage looks pretty solid

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have all the consoles so I can play all the games

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

KingSlime posted:

Same it's not about the money to me

Having stuff is you don't need is annoying whereas clutter free spaces really really own

having dedicated computers just to play a few exclusives dips too close into hoarder territory for me

When was the last time you actually booted up your dusty og Xbox? Etc

E: sp

Played some Gun on my OG Xbox last week, albeit only an hour of it.

Ya, I could get rid of my Xbox and 360 since most of the games I want I can get on Steam for cheap or on PS2/PS3, plus my XB1's backwards compatibility. But I have plenty of room for my setup now and it stays organized well.

But ya, I totally get the whole decluttering thing. I sold off my original PS2, Wii, games, etc. awhile back when I was decluttering and trying to take some hints from minimalism. I regretted doing that and purchased most of it back in the year or two after, but in not as good of condition since I apparently am the only person in the world who doesn't lather mysterious grime on or tosses around consoles... seriously, what do people do to their loving consoles? That poo poo sits under your TV, how does it get beat up or full of loving grime?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FireMrshlBill posted:

Bone does have Rare Replay if you don't have an upscaler or Ultra HDMI mod for your N64 (outside of emulation).

I'm not a huge arcade game fan, just enjoy them from time to time so don't need anything specific, so the only Dreamcast game that wasn't cross-platform or later released on Nintendo/Sony/Xbox hardware was Shenmue. So I sold it. Sold my Genesis too and just play the few games I have a on a Retron5 or RetroGen.

This is true. Only reason I still have mine.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I have all the consoles so I can play all the games

Who's got the time

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

a.lo posted:

Who's got the time

No one, but the ability is nice.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a.lo posted:

Who's got the time

Me in another 30 years

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Mace Bacon posted:

Really excited for these Nintendo Arcade Archives stuff. None are totally 1:1 NES ports, but vastly different stuff like VS Balloon Fight are stuff that hasn't been available since those mid 80s Arcade PCBs came out.

I'm definitely in for arcade Punch Out!! (!)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

KingSlime posted:

Same it's not about the money to me

Having stuff is you don't need is annoying whereas clutter free spaces really really own

having dedicated computers just to play a few exclusives dips too close into hoarder territory for me

When was the last time you actually booted up your dusty og Xbox? Etc

E: sp

I play Xbox for about 1.5 hours at a time a few days a week before she gets home from work. Usually enough time to get something done in Destiny 2 or a couple of rounds of Rocket League. She's going to Boston for work next week so I'll poop sock D2.

I got my PS4 last November for the exclusives. I turned it back on when No Mans Sky updated but haven't touched it in two weeks.

I use Switch at the office during my lunch and at home when she wants to watch House Hunters or something else.

I'll probably play the new Spider Man game on PS4 then sell it to a coworker for $200. It was a good deal when I got it but I've torn through the exclusives (Until Dawn, NMS, Uncharted Collection, Last Guardian)

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
RIP my left joycon. The left control stick keeps giving left input even after calibration. MK8 is basically unplayable if I have to turn right. It doesn't seem to appear in any other games as far as I can tell though. Guess I'll just have to send it back to Nintendo. Should I get a spare joycon in the meantime?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

KingSlime posted:

It would probably be slightly less aggravating if you could rearrange icons

The 3ds could do this since launch what's up with the lack of basic fundamental and super easy to integrate features?

Not a big deal but I'd love to tuck my lamer looking games into a folder when using the switch socially etc

Which games are you ashamed of? Senran Kagura isn’t even out yet.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You are going to be skeptical of vs ice climbers, but I promise you it's good. It didn't have the lovely jump physics. Give it a try I beg you, even if on someone else's Switch.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

Me in another 30 years

Ah, an optimist.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Healbot posted:

Ah, an optimist.

He's 50.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Truth, also just skip the bone unless you have to have forza, there are so few games that aren't also on PS4 and better on PS4.

Forza is better on PC.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You are going to be skeptical of vs ice climbers, but I promise you it's good. It didn't have the lovely jump physics. Give it a try I beg you, even if on someone else's Switch.

I've heard really good things about Vs Clu-Clu Land as well. A lot of those badly aged NES games seemed to get a lot of issues fixed with the arcade versions.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I didn't know that. I actually like NES Ice Climber so that makes Vs a must buy for me now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

a.lo posted:

Who's got the time

God, I almost wish I was unemployed again.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

SeANMcBAY posted:

And the seemingly random frame hitches.

I love how purely random they are. Just at any time it wants the software goes "Garbage Handling Subroutine Now!"

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
doom with motion controls for shooting would be the coolest thing since RE4 on Wii.

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED

ddogflex posted:

Forza is better on PC.

:yeah:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mace Bacon posted:

Stuff like DK and DK Jr will likely never be released since the murky legal stuff between Nintendo and the company that helped develop DK still doesn't seem to be resolved.
This is a bummer because those two are the games I like the most

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

i refuse to believe i live in a world where there's a version of ice climber where the jump doesn't feel like poo poo

edit: refuse isn't the right word-- i'm literally incapable of believing it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RE4 on Switch when????

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

RE4 on Switch when????

Please Nintendo

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

drat I wonder if i should get thimbleweed or dig

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I feel like a dumbass for seriously getting a Xbox One this Black Friday for Rare Replay. Nothing else interests me but dammit I want Banjo Kazooie and Conker back in my life.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nintendo Life has a video on NBA 2K18 if you're interested in how the version came out.

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/910911536943812608

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Policenaut posted:

Nintendo Life has a video on NBA 2K18 if you're interested in how the version came out.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! Is that a lizard man?

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Do we still have a Pokken thread? I've wanted the game since it came out on Wii U (which I didn't own) and want to know how to git gud.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

XyrlocShammypants posted:

drat I wonder if i should get thimbleweed or dig

Thimbleweed is great for as long as it's doing the 'lucasarts take on the twin peaks formula' thing, but at some point in the 2nd half it decides that the boring nerd character is now the main character and proceeds to go off the rails badly.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Jade Mage posted:

Do we still have a Pokken thread? I've wanted the game since it came out on Wii U (which I didn't own) and want to know how to git gud.

We used to, but it got archived due to inactivity.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jade Mage posted:

Here's the new one

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833696&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

A metal thing jabbing into either the games themselves, or pressing against the screen through a layer of felt, is probably not the best for the longevity of said game/screen.

There's a plastic bit that stows underneath the dock that actually props the switch up at more of an angle than that one image indicates:

:iiam:

Based on that specific image, "not if you also want to carry around another extra pair of joyconns", I don't know what the thickness of the brick is compared to those extra controllers though. And of course your case may vary, since that doesn't look like the "official generic" switch case.

Can I buy this yet? I've been bringing my switch into the office for some uh... team building Mario Kart sessions every once and awhile and would like a second dock to keep in my desk drawer.

STARDEWHEN

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Did anyone buy steam world dig 2?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Whats Spicer doing in a NBA game?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Did anyone buy steam world dig 2?

Yes

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Policenaut posted:

I thought someone replaced the eyes for the mouth texture for a moment.:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

Thimbleweed is great for as long as it's doing the 'lucasarts take on the twin peaks formula' thing, but at some point in the 2nd half it decides that the boring nerd character is now the main character and proceeds to go off the rails badly.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought the game lost its way.

• Locked thread