Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
it's the canonical anime running-with-toast-in-mouth-scene bread, especially when baked in a pullman pan to be perfectly rectangular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So I'm almost done the Stormblood MSQ's and it's about time the game finally acknowledged Urianger's tendency to just materialize out of the ether when some poo poo needs explaining

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Omnicrom posted:

Fat Chocobos get even better in Heavensward.

Minor spoilers on that on I guess.

You linked the wrong video. https://youtu.be/CJugrJsYKl4

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

White il do you think these will be? 325? they can't be better than creation gear, because raid gear is usually the same il as upgraded NEWEST TOME gear.

I'm not sure they'd want to put it above the Omega normal (320) set, so maybe 315? The HW ones went 160->185, but the first Alexander Normal gear was 190.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ivalice gear will almost certainly be 330. Void Ark gear was 200, which was the same as unupgraded esoteric gear.

Dungeon gear will probably be 315.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Fister Roboto posted:

Ivalice gear will almost certainly be 330. Void Ark gear was 200, which was the same as unupgraded esoteric gear.

24-player raid gear has consistently been 10 item levels lower than the highest level of tomestone gear since Labyrinth of the Ancients. It went i80, i100, 120, i200, i230, i260 so it's very safe to bet Ivalice will be i330.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
330 upgradeable to 340 if you collect the proper amount of dankest deepgob dark tokens, darkest deepdip dank tokens, and derpest deepdish donk tokens.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

330 upgradeable to 340 if you collect the proper amount of dankest deepgob dark tokens, darkest deepdip dank tokens, and derpest deepdish donk tokens.

Was 24 man gear upgradeable? I thought it was only tome gear

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

24 mans were dropping upgrade items for tome gear iirc

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

24 man gear has never been upgradable.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
The research has specifically shown that the older you are, the more likely you are to eat toast in Japan as part of breakfast. Historically, this was because the older generation grew up in the post war era beginning from 1945 all the way until the end of the 1950s. During this time, the US strongly promoted bread and coffee as a viable breakfast to stress westernization in Japan as a whole.

Over time, coffee shops began to serve bread and coffee as "morning service" in Japan. Nowadays, if you go to a coffee shop and request morning service, the bread is supposed to be as fluffy as possible, as for some reason fluffiness developed as the main point to stress.

Additionally, a study of breakfast behavior also suggests that Japanese men usually prefer the classic breakfast (Natto, Egg, Miso, Rice), while Japanese women are more likely to like western or other stranger breakfast options.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
look pal i've watched a shitton of anime, and

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

All I know about Japan and bread is that in FF8 they changed zell's dialogue for the English translation to make him crazy about hot dogs instead of bread because they didn't think Americans would understand

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i'm pretty sure that it was originally yakisoba-pan, which is just noodles served in a hot dog bun, so it was a pretty accurate change. americans would have thought yakisoba pan was weird and dumb because it is.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

i'm pretty sure that it was originally yakisoba-pan, which is just noodles served in a hot dog bun, so it was a pretty accurate change. americans would have thought yakisoba pan was weird and dumb because it is.

Shut your goddamn mouth, good yakisoba-pan tastes frigging great. Better than hot dogs do.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bolow posted:

So I'm almost done the Stormblood MSQ's and it's about time the game finally acknowledged Urianger's tendency to just materialize out of the ether when some poo poo needs explaining

As a tall guy who is way better at sneaking up on people than I have any right to be, I respect Urianger's talents in this area.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Reiterpallasch posted:

Oh, could be. I read the bread thing on a message board when I was 15 and have never fact-checked it

And I just googled yakisoba pan and yes that is weird and dumb. Just the noodles, thanks

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
get this: if your yakisoba pan tastes good it's because the noodles taste good, in which case you could be eating more noodles instead of a loving hot dog bun

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
But you can't run down the street with a bowl of noodles held in your lips so you won't be late to class. That'd be even weirder than yakisoba pan.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Just use your hands

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Shut your goddamn mouth, good yakisoba-pan tastes frigging great. Better than hot dogs do.

Why would you use pure carbs as a topping for something made out of pure carbs?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mymla posted:

Because it tastes delicious.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
All I understand about Yakisoba Bread is that it's probably just a Chili Dog but if you took out the dog and added more Chili, which is A-Okay in my book. Would eat Chili Bread.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Don't act like we're blameless in noodle dogs

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

But you can't run down the street with a bowl of noodles held in your lips so you won't be late to class. That'd be even weirder than yakisoba pan.

:wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNsuvpiXb7M

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Don't act like we're blameless in noodle dogs

I don't know what this is but it's a war crime too

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ainsley McTree posted:

I don't know what this is but it's a war crime too

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mymla posted:

There was this place at my base on the Japanese side that would sell Yakisoba pizza. That poo poo was incredible

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Is that fries on bread?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Leal posted:

Is that fries on bread?

It's chip butty :colbert:

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
To further examine the carb-on-carb concept, this is probably not just a loaf of bread, but honey toast. They hollow out a hunk of bread, cube the breadguts, toast them, add sugar and return them to the crust. Top it with ice cream or fruit or whatever and generously drizzle honey for a sweet and absurd {Demon Brick}.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Leal posted:

Is that fries on bread?

have you never stuffed french fries on top of a burger?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
nobody's arguing that yakisoba-pan isn't a sandwich, i'm just saying it's not a very good sandwich. just like a chip butty, which is also a bad sandwich.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
So I'm trying to subscribe now that my free month is about done, and I have to ask if 180 days is the max you can get in one subscription...order, I guess?

I'm doing the recruit a friend deal for the guy who introduced me to this nice game, and it apparently goes up to 270 days ("when your friend subscribes") somehow? How do you even get that high?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's cumulative. And poorly worded. But you don't have to do it in one fell swoop.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's cumulative. And poorly worded. But you don't have to do it in one fell swoop.

It is pretty poorly worded, but that would explain the "never subscribed before" tag then.

So if I end up adding more time eventually he will he more Gold Feathers, huh? Sweet! Thanks for the info.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

Wow yeah. I love yakisoba but this sounds hosed up.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

EponymousMrYar posted:

You can't do that anyway because that would be culturally uncouth. You are not supposed to eat food in trains or while walking on the street. There are standup udon shops that are very fast.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Next time I buy ramen I'm gonna put it in a hot dog bun and it's all your fault, thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Bolow posted:

COR BLIMEY!