Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Taerkar posted:

Literally telling a PoC to give up what little power they have so that you can ignore them.

:bravo:

Yeah but have you considered that people who talk about racism are bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/911007418024382464

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/910973392593055745

gently caress Hillary Clinton.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Me marching into a thread knowing shithead racists are pissed they can't ignore my posts:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Jaxyon posted:

Yeah but have you considered that people who talk about racism are bad?

Turns out that I was the real racist all along.

*walks out to tuba music*

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Kekekela posted:

You seem like a lot of other poeple in early recovery that try to attack others constantly with their newfound moral superiority. Or maybe you were just always an rear end in a top hat. At least lose the mod star so you can be put on ignore.
I'm going to give you some sincere advice. Walk away. Now. Come back in 24 hours when you've cooled down.

OK, everything from this point on in the Great Meltdown Cycle is pure schadenfreude.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Democrazy posted:

Not saying I don't believe you, since I find it very plausible, but I would love to see the data on this!

There was data on it at the time, but some of it came from Research 2000, so...best not to cite that. The Washington Post had a good piece on how her numbers tanked after threatening to filibuster the public option, and why she faced such a strong primary challenger in Bill Halter, though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/jenniferdoleac/status/910891323967918080

In republican voice: food isn't a right but jail is.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
This is a dumb question, and I'm sorry for asking it.

Can someone please loving explain to me how conservatives still don't get that trotting out your black acquaintances that are totally cool with you doesn't show that you're not racist?

Has anyone other than white morons bought that loving sorry rear end story in the last 40 years?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Koalas March posted:

Me marching into a thread knowing shithead racists are pissed they can't ignore my posts:

Hey! I was pissed until I figured out how to turn off gif autoplay. drat data overages.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

twice burned ice posted:

Can someone please loving explain to me how conservatives still don't get that trotting out your black acquaintances that are totally cool with you doesn't show that you're not racist?

Has anyone other than white morons bought that loving sorry rear end story in the last 40 years?

White Morons accounts for a huge chunk of the Republican voting base so it works.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

twice burned ice posted:

Literally the people at Nazi rallies marching as Nazi's don't they're racist, I think you underestimate the white "But that doesn't make me racist" reality distortion field.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Hey! I was pissed until I figured out how to turn off gif autopsy. drat data overages.

Yeah, I have been trying to use less gifs, sorry!!

Sometimes I can not resist tho.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

White Morons accounts for a huge chunk of the Republican voting base so it works.

And a significant portion of the Democratic base too. Hell white people in general are morons.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
oshit are we havin' a kaledown

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

skylined! posted:

oshit are we havin' a kaledown

S/he was just an alt-right jerk, who already ran away. (I mean come on, defending racism with "kek" in their name. Not suspicious at all.)

We can move on.

https://twitter.com/donnabrazile/status/911015182452887552

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Koalas March posted:

S/he was just an alt-right jerk, who already ran away. (I mean come on, defending racism with "kek" in their name. Not suspicious at all.)

We can move on.

https://twitter.com/donnabrazile/status/911015182452887552

Can we name the next one Donald?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/ericbradner/status/911000433107390464

:catstare:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

twice burned ice posted:

How else do they prove they're not racist? Because they hold racist beliefs --are racist-- but don't want to outright put black people in camps probably. They just don't like being called racist.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

'Clinton alum' aha, okay, now the pieces are falling into place.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Office Pig posted:

Why is this a thing?

Clinton alum i mean.

Certified Clinton Fresh?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Koalas March posted:

I like the implication that "closeted" racism doesn't deserve to be addressed.

You're literally defending racists, and mad when you called out on it. Confronting racism is like the bare minimum of being a good civil rights ally.

Tell us what racist poo poo were you called out on, Kekekela.

isn't this a little silly when their account is from 2004 when kek was barely a gleam in blizzard's eye?

i am pretty sure they're saying that sometimes leftists are falsely accused of racism. which does happen, though i would say almost exclusively on twitter and in op-eds by white centrists who are towing the hillary party line because they feel threatened by bernie and want to sow division between white leftists and PoC activists. sometimes leftists really are being racist and are justly called out on it, but judging from the context of their post, kekekela was not talking about that.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Kekeke has been used as an anti Korean thing on the internet for a long time, mocking their version of lol

Office Pig posted:

I'll need to see the verrit code for that.

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 22, 2017

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

twice burned ice posted:

Actually you'll find it works very well in the social circle.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Roy Moore is our terrible treasure and I pray that he remains contained here.

That such containment is a best-case scenario is horrifying.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

twice burned ice posted:

Can we name the next one Donald?

We already had a Don this year.

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/887100059728347137

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

transgender troops? in my bathroom?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Jazerus posted:

isn't this a little silly when their account is from 2004 when kek was barely a gleam in blizzard's eye?

Name changes are a thing, buddy. Check the top of the forums.

quote:

i am pretty sure they're saying that sometimes leftists are falsely accused of racism. which does happen, though i would say almost exclusively on twitter and in op-eds by white centrists who are towing the hillary party line because they feel threatened by bernie and want to sow division between white leftists and PoC activists. sometimes leftists really are being racist and are justly called out on it, but judging from the context of their post, kekekela was not talking about that.

He used the word "closeted". He was implicitly defending racism.

White folks trying to speak for black people is very loving annoying. We had a convo about this in Negrotown and Antifa but the gist is that Clinton has had ties to the black community for decades, Bernie really doesn't. There's a reason black people voted for Hillary and leftists running in and telling us "Well actually, Bernie.." is paternal and condescending.

Also spreading bullshit about "false racism accusations" rubs me the wrong loving way. It's like an mra talking about false assault allegations.

If a PoC says you're doing something racist, you need to stop and listen them. They have more experience with it than you do.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

When Liberty and Justice reign by making sure gays, transgendered, blacks, and anyone that isn't a white Christian male don't have these things, can America truly be free again.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Jazerus posted:

I only skimmed the kerfuffle but your post reminds me of #BernieMadeMeWhite.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
The correct response to "some leftist are racist" is "yeah absolutely especially white ones" not "maybe but YOU PEOPLE can't stop bringing it up"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Koalas March posted:

If a PoC says you're doing something racist, you need to stop and listen them. They have more experience with it than you do.

When Ben Carson told Tim Wise that most racism today was in the black community... he was right?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

When Ben Carson told Tim Wise that most racism today was in the black community... he was right?

This is totally a question asked in good faith that deserves an equally measured response.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/InvestigateRU/status/910100283463798785

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Were the showers it produced golden?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Koalas March posted:

This is totally a question asked in good faith that deserves an equally measured response.

Check the username. :v:

Or maybe you did and just needed to hit your gif quota.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

boner confessor posted:

go to the ignore list, delete their name, hit update, also be sure to put my name in before you hit update

I can never remove people from my ignore list again because Black Baby Goku is mod of some hellish subforum or other. :negative:

I honor their sacrifice to preserve the seal.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Careful, I think the ignore list has a soft cap where new entries bump old entries off.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/910891877062324224

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Those stupid 9-year old girls. Don't they know she's a neolib???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Those stupid 9-year old girls. Don't they know she's a neolib???

Just wait until they discover the footage of her being open to constitutional restrictions on abortion rights.

• Locked thread