Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

S.J. posted:

Poast your list

so i poasted the list and uhhh

where do you guys see faithful masses working best? what should I be looking at instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Played 2 games tonight. 1st we ended up giving it to me because we both forgot that ghost walk can't trample through large bases. Couldn't rewind so we passed the "win" to me. Second I tried out a dumb list (below) into ghost fleet and oh drat. It so good.

I'm seriously thinking of running this list to a local steamroller. It should be after cryxmas.

quote:

Cryx - d2nny blackindustry

Theme: No Theme Selected
89 / 75 Army

<! OVER POINT LIMIT !>

Wraith Witch Deneghra - WJ: +28
- Deathjack - PC: 23 (Battlegroup Points Used: 23)
- Leviathan - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 5)
- Leviathan - PC: 16
- Leviathan - PC: 16
- Defiler - PC: 8
- Nightwretch - PC: 7
- Nightwretch - PC: 7

Warwitch Siren - PC: 4
Warwitch Siren - PC: 4

Cephalyx Overlords - Leader & 2 Grunts: 8
Cephalyx Overlords - Leader & 2 Grunts: 8

Probably pairing with my Gaspy2 dudespam dark host. Someone talk me out of this.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

mp5 posted:

so i poasted the list and uhhh

where do you guys see faithful masses working best? what should I be looking at instead?

Sorry, been busy. I'll look at it s'more tomorrow but the TL;DR version is you don't have enough ways to threaten jacks at range. It looks like you're trying to build a pop n drop list but without the requisite number long range guns. I wouldn't be playing that caster with that theme pretty much regardless though.

Also, Aiyanna & Holt and Eiryss are a huge points sink, especially on a caster that can remove a lot of your opponents buffs already. Removing them alone gets you another heavy.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 21, 2017

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
So Menoth is getting a new solo

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I think it's loving rad. Also I'm really excited about new Kraye. He does so much poo poo.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

S.J. posted:

Sorry, been busy. I'll look at it s'more tomorrow but the TL;DR version is you don't have enough ways to threaten jacks at range. It looks like you're trying to build a pop n drop list but without the requisite number long range guns. I wouldn't be playing that caster with that theme pretty much regardless though.

Also, Aiyanna & Holt and Eiryss are a huge points sink, especially on a caster that can remove a lot of your opponents buffs already. Removing them alone gets you another heavy.

List building with clear goals in mind has definitely never been my strong suit. I really really like the damage potential of A&H but I have a hard time putting them into lists these days. I spent a ton of time painting them and then don’t get to play them :(

I went back to the drawing board to make an Exemplar list for my Doomguy-painted Testament. I’m not married to the Warjacks or the Seneschal though:

Testament of Menoth - WJ: +27
- Devout - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Revenger - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Revenger - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)

Wrack - PC: 1
Exemplar Errant Seneschal - PC: 4

Knights Exemplar - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
- Knights Exemplar Officer - PC: 0
Exemplar Errants - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Exemplar Errants - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
I'd drop the Seneschal for the Covenant or a Hierophant + Wrack for even more recursion, though I haven't had a chance to play Testament. I've had a lot of fun with Kreoss2 with a similar Exemplar spam list though.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

If you've got any, the Testament gets on really well with Vengers - incorporeal cavalry charges get very ugly very fast for your enemy and mean that their caster needs to be paranoid about staying out of charge range.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Spoiler alert dracodile

Is going to get -

P+s 19 bite
2x p+s 17 claws
Sp10 pow 14 rat 5 assault
Crit Blind on Spray
Fury 5

I'm very happy

I am hoping for Spd 5 Armour 20. We find out in a few weeks apparently.

Barnabas 2 sounds like a loving boss and I want my demi-gator on the field nooooooow.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Spoiler alert dracodile

Is going to get -

P+s 19 bite
2x p+s 17 claws
Sp10 pow 14 rat 5 assault
Crit Blind on Spray
Fury 5

I'm very happy

I am hoping for Spd 5 Armour 20. We find out in a few weeks apparently.

Barnabas 2 sounds like a loving boss and I want my demi-gator on the field nooooooow.

Best Skorne gargantuan yet!

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Y'all, got another game with this denny2 list. It removes at least a heavy a turn. She still feels like she doesn't have a feat, but Skorne heavies are easy af to hit. Maybe against something with more than 10 def might matter. 2 units of overlords feels a little overkill but drat does it feel good to remove a whole unit trivially.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

mp5 posted:

List building with clear goals in mind has definitely never been my strong suit. I really really like the damage potential of A&H but I have a hard time putting them into lists these days. I spent a ton of time painting them and then don’t get to play them :(

They're friendly faction for me and I still have trouble making room for them.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
New Cryx theme a bit of a dud until we get the rest of the models.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Are you kidding? +4arm on heavies vs shooting is amazing for cryy.

Speaking of, beastsofwar has pictures of new old cryx jacks. The release schedule lists them as plastic kits, sooo... new sprue plastic kits I hope.

http://www.beastsofwar.com/warmachine/trencher-themed-force-battle/

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Luebbi posted:

Are you kidding? +4arm on heavies vs shooting is amazing for cryy.

Speaking of, beastsofwar has pictures of new old cryx jacks. The release schedule lists them as plastic kits, sooo... new sprue plastic kits I hope.

http://www.beastsofwar.com/warmachine/trencher-themed-force-battle/

He's talking about an Insider posted today about the upcoming Black Ogrun theme for Cryx. Not the Dark Industries list

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

lokipunk posted:

New Cryx theme a bit of a dud until we get the rest of the models.

Yeah doesn't seem too great as of yet.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Facebook groups are getting spammed by Discount Games crew about some PP pricing scheme. Anyone know what's up?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Pyrolocutus posted:

Facebook groups are getting spammed by Discount Games crew about some PP pricing scheme. Anyone know what's up?

PP is rolling back somewhat on their cap that online retailers can discount. The deal is apparently that they can't advertise it directly. DGI list prices are currently 15% off msrp. If you order more than $100 and you are in the US they will take another 15% off the msrp, bringing it back to the discount levels they used to offer.

Just in time for Old Witch 2/3!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

head58 posted:

PP is rolling back somewhat on their cap that online retailers can discount. The deal is apparently that they can't advertise it directly. DGI list prices are currently 15% off msrp. If you order more than $100 and you are in the US they will take another 15% off the msrp, bringing it back to the discount levels they used to offer.

Just in time for Old Witch 2/3!

Yep, just saw it. I never get obtuse business decisions like this though - "it's back but we can't be direct about it!". I assume it has something to do with lawyers.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Pyrolocutus posted:

Yep, just saw it. I never get obtuse business decisions like this though - "it's back but we can't be direct about it!". I assume it has something to do with lawyers.

It's a common MAP thing in a lot of places but yeah.

kommisar
Jan 2, 2007

The only store close to me that still sold WM/H just stopped carrying PP and is selling it all at 50% off and it's still not moving.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Saalkin posted:

Yeah doesn't seem too great as of yet.

Yah. Black Industries is great. Got another game with it tonight into bones of orboros. Need reps against that list. Dice-8 shots is not really enough into a woldwraith.

Protip: don't pursuit something in shifting stone range.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

lokipunk posted:

Yah. Black Industries is great. Got another game with it tonight into bones of orboros. Need reps against that list. Dice-8 shots is not really enough into a woldwraith.

Protip: don't pursuit something in shifting stone range.

Yeah Black industries is great, this pirate one is lackluster as of now. I'm sure some of the new poo poo will make it shine.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I may have just bought the remaining bloodgorgers and 2 min units of black ogrun from clearance on amazon. I'm gonna give this list a shot I guess.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
The german wtc teams are keeping the fans updated on the german forums and whatsapp, and i feel like a soccer fan rooting for my country, god drat.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Luebbi posted:

The german wtc teams are keeping the fans updated on the german forums and whatsapp, and i feel like a soccer fan rooting for my country, god drat.

One of the top players for one of the Canadian teams lives in my area, I have him on Facebook and he just posted about our lose to Germany.

This feels like a world cup :(

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
My buddy from Mainz was in that match vs Canada, I think he played Harby vs Thagrosh! I told him I was rooting for Legion :P

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

neonchameleon posted:

If you've got any, the Testament gets on really well with Vengers - incorporeal cavalry charges get very ugly very fast for your enemy and mean that their caster needs to be paranoid about staying out of charge range.

I do have two units of Vengers, though unassembled. I guess with fewer souls coming in from losing the second batch of Errants I could also look into a Hierophant, and probably also swap off one revenger for a Crusader or something just for more punch.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Germany wins the Warmachine WTC!

.... and the Guildball WTC!

... where the finale was germany vs. germany!

We germans like our tabletop games. I think most if not all of the players actually travelled to belgium on monday already, rented a house and played a shitton of games against each other in preparation. I guess that helped. Also, Cryx has a 70% winrate in the WTC, but nothing to see here, move right along.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
New circle theme looks really good. May not solve the khador problem but I'm willing to put it on the table.

For those that haven't seen it:

- Living beasts + brennos
- All warlocks
- Shifting stones
- For every 25 points of beast free solo or stones
- blackclad solos + gallows groves + lord of the feast
- 1 minion unit and solo
- animus (cast by beasts) have their cost reduced by 1 (0 cost elusive/lightning strike!)
- +1 to starting roll (confirmed by Pagani on social media)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I think it sounds pretty solid. I'd like to see it with either of the Kromacs or the Kayas personally.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Efb

That's what I try for not hitting submit right away.

Still pumped for the theme.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
I definitely want to play it. Not sure it really solves circle into khador jack spam but still seems good. Not sure what to pair it with. I'm too busy putting together terrible Cryx lists to theory it up.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
It's nice that Lord of the Feast is finally free in theme list, paying 6 points for him in the Tharn theme was terrible. Circle could use another Blackclad/character solo for this theme though, like a character Wayfarer. Maybe we'll see more non-CID surprise characters like the Menoth / Legion ones.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
1 cost animus buffs the storm raptor nicely.

Lack of in faction units is a turn off, though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Very cool that even with every team and lots of pairs teching heavily for the Cryx MU, Cryx had a nearly 70% win rate lmao. Ret went 6 for 26 against them, even with tons of people running that awful Shadows theme as a specific Cryx drop. Circle went 9 for 28, probably because of Dark Host.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

1 cost animus buffs the storm raptor nicely.

Lack of in faction units is a turn off, though.

Nice av

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

fadam posted:

Very cool that even with every team and lots of pairs teching heavily for the Cryx MU, Cryx had a nearly 70% win rate lmao. Ret went 6 for 26 against them, even with tons of people running that awful Shadows theme as a specific Cryx drop. Circle went 9 for 28, probably because of Dark Host.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Edit, This list looks fun:

[Theme] Disciples of Agony (Pre-Release)

(Morghoul 2) Lord Assassin Morghoul [+29]
- Agonizer [6]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Blackhide Wrastler [16]
- Blackhide Wrastler [16]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [0(4)]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [0(4)]
Farrow Razorback Crew [5]
Farrow Razorback Crew [5]
Farrow Valkyries [8]
Farrow Valkyries [8]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Paingiver Bloodrunners [9]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]

Incorporeal Rushed Enranged Wrastlers sure is a thing.

Alpha Phoenix fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 26, 2017

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Tried out Pagani's list from the insider. I was shocked at the amount of forward threat I had. 3 lightning strikes and tons of animus up for free. Kromac2 got to go supersolo and get tons of work done by himself. I definitely need more games with it but it is super fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

lol no it's loving terrible