Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That moogle doll creeps me out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Blockhead posted:

The one thing I had been missing for the past few months was a healer BSB so this draw was great for me. I feel like I got decently lucky too. Which of these is going to be my best general use BSB for healing? My usual party is...

Onion Knight
Orlandeau
Ramza
Agrias
<healer>

Rosa seems great but so does Aphmau. I like Deuce too for the instant but will I run into problems with the attack and magic buff overriding my OK and Ramza buffs for the worse?

Deuce won't override any of Ramzas buffs. She will override OK BSB since they basically do the same thing buff wise. Essentially you want to ask yourself if you want DPS support in OK, or a healer.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LornMarkus posted:

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I still feel like getting a second opinion: JP's getting third anniversary as pointed out above and one of the things they're doing is giving you a selection of OSB, BSB and SSB per realm.On the one hand the cult of three draws gave me Firion USB so I feel like I should just take the II package and get his BSB and OSB to go with it (and forever solve my relative lack of Magic Blinks). On the other hand, Papalymo BSB for the XIV package is +Fire and Terra would really appreciate having that . . .

The SSBs are always healer breaks and neither Will of the White Mage nor Aetherial Pulse is winning any awards, so let's not consider those.

Instead, the question is: Do you want one absurdly loaded holy/Non-Elemental attacker? Or would you rather have two really strong Fire mages who could, in a pinch, play on other elemental teams? Papalymo has access to off-realm +fire that Terra doesn't (namely, Braska's staffs), so there's no saying you couldn't run both together.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
Oh my god https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voA5xOZXaw4

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

if you're not picking up Doomtrain you're wrong

(between those 2 I'd say the II banner, definitely.)

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Can you afford to drop Aerith for another DPS? A sole DPS just isn't going to cut the mustard in a lot of cases unless it's an OSB-user with strong support from the rest of the team or someone with a very good USB. It doesn't even have to be a Lightning character (although it would help).
I finally did it! Thank you for the advice! :toot:

Swapped Aerith for CoD so I could keep healing/shellga but use Radiant Shield. It was just enough.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Salty at this new banner 2/11 so far with one pull death tarot double dupe. Lucky gave me a porom BSB and dupe Iris BSB. Oh and 3 star on 100 gem.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My noble tradition of pulling good stuff an event too late continues, with a 1/11 Shadow BSB.

For what it's worth: I have 1 USB, and 1 LMR (Gladio's, for whom I have no relic SBs).

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Pulled on the VI banner cause it's probably better than some of the fest ones at this point for me. Got Umaro BSB!! YAY I needed some ice poo poo! And I got one other BSB. And it's...Cloud of Darkness?!?? One of those wild off-banner pulls!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kawalimus posted:

Pulled on the VI banner cause it's probably better than some of the fest ones at this point for me. Got Umaro BSB!! YAY I needed some ice poo poo! And I got one other BSB. And it's...Cloud of Darkness?!?? One of those wild off-banner pulls!

Congratulations on your aimable instant cast and your Radiant Shield. :toot:

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
gently caress YES. Setzer USB get on my first pull. Also Umaro SSB, second pull only got me Shadow SSB.
Still though, my boy Setzer's gonna be the king of shattering in MP raids now.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

wizard on a water slide posted:

My noble tradition of pulling good stuff an event too late continues, with a 1/11 Shadow BSB.

ohhhh poo poo his BSB commands are Ninja nevermind this was a solid pull for a character I like

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

ohhhh poo poo his BSB commands are Ninja nevermind this was a solid pull for a character I like

His Burst is known as the Most RW-able SB during Dailies for a reason: Shadow's Gimmick in this game is Stupid Good DPS and his Burst and Ultra take it to the logical extreme.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
4/23

100 Gem: crap
Pull 1: Setzer USB, Setzer SSB2
Pull 2: Setzer LMR, Shadow SSB

Ok so I can't be mad about this at all, it's my first pentabreaker and he ended up getting everything he needs. But I really need DPS more than support so obviously I was hoping for some great Shadow pulls. Umaro's stuff would be great too since I only have one ice relic (albeit one of the best, Squall's BSB2). Really itching for a third pull...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AstraSage posted:

His Burst is known as the Most RW-able SB during Dailies for a reason: Shadow's Gimmick in this game is Stupid Good DPS and his Burst and Ultra take it to the logical extreme.

His Legend Dive doesn't hurt that, given its Doublecast Ninja LM2. If you intend on using Shadow, consider dropping those 5* motes on him. (Same goes for Edge, naturally.)

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Sneaky lil protip for those pulling on Shadow:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/71l7o5/psa_the_new_bsb_relics_in_the_first_vi_event/

There's a small chance you might get what you want in the upcoming luckies, so you might want to hold off for two days!

Since the VI event will be around until Oct 5, I'll probably hold off and reassess my situation after doing some 30th pulls.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Went 1/11 on the lucky, went 1/11 on the FF6 banner, come on game, give me something here.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I like how Umaro, literal uncontrollable berserker in his original game, has a more versatile skillset than not one, but two characters from that very same game. Poor, forgotten Sabin and Cyan.

...dear DeNa, please give Cyan a USB that is literally just activating the Psycho Cyan glitch, tia.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

I like how Umaro, literal uncontrollable berserker in his original game, has a more versatile skillset than not one, but two characters from that very same game. Poor, forgotten Sabin and Cyan.

Umaro is essentially Sabin But Better. It's ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Gogo, the bastion of versatility in the original game, is just a sage with Omega Drive (and Lifesiphon) access and that really fiddly Mimicry gimmick. Certainly not horrible, but not generally someone you'd use in a realm as flooded with characters as FF6. There are better mages/sages and better Combat 5 users alike, and it's pretty rare you'd need both on the same unit... especially since lol all their LMs are godawful.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Pulled Setzer's USB and Shadow's BSB! I was hoping for Shadow's USB but Setzer is ALSO one of my favorite characters in FF6, and Shadow's BSB has been on my wishlist for a while, so this is pretty dang dope for a 2/11.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
3rd Anniversary Banners are being posted, and while I'll wait for full translations to post more details:

Tyro USB3 - Wall, Protectga, Shellga, Hastega

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

pichupal posted:

:flashfap:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

pichupal posted:

3rd Anniversary Banners are being posted, and while I'll wait for full translations to post more details:

And it's on THIS banner:
Tyro USB3 - Party Wall, Protect, Shell and Haste
OK USB
Marche USB
Aphmau USB
Morrow USB
Ramza BSB2
Marche BSB
Aphmau BSB
Iris BSB
Mog BSB
Tyro LMR
OK LMR
Ramza LMR
Aphmau LMR

Just... holy god drat.

In case anyone doesn't know, Marche USB is completely broken (gives thunder god mode to your entire front row every time he uses a knight ability; plus enholy and stuff), OK USB is easily the best mage shout, Ramza BSB2 is Shout on steroids. The LMRs for Tyro, OK, and Ramza are all fantastic.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Wonder what it'll look like for Global :v:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

ceaselessfuture posted:

Wonder what it'll look like for Global :v:

Twin Bee's as far as the eye can see.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
And on a different banner:

Yuffie USB2 -10xST Water/Non-ele ranged physical dmg, self Blink 1, EnWater, Midare Suijin
Midare Suijin: When using Water abilities, additionally deal 4/6/8xST Water/Non-ele ranged physical dmg based on no of Blinks on self

Move over Edge.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Welcome to the 3rd Anniversary Banners, featuring the first upgrade on Wall, two new SB types, Bartz's BSB4 and the discovery that Yuffie must be really popular in Japan, and she's trying really hard to dethrone Edge as Water Ninja.

Note:
  • UOSB is the new Overflow SB type that takes 3 SB bars (1.5 Global bars) and can only be used once per battle. These are 6* relics.
  • FSB are the new Flash SBs that take 1 SB bar (0.5 Global Bars) and can only be used three times per battle. These are 5* relics.
  • The "Heavy En-Element" should refer to the En-element stacking mechanic of Sephiroth's USB.
  • This is all taken from Reddit, but I did note new relics that have elemental boosts attached to them. Terra finally gets a 6* fire+ mage weapon she can equip.

Banner 1: Buffs, Buffs, Buffs

OK USB (The magic one)
    Marche USB
    Aphmau USB
    Morrow USB
    Ramza BSB2
    Marche BSB
    Aphmau BSB
    Iris BSB
    Mog BSB
    Tyro LMR
    OK LMR
    Ramza LMR
    Aphmau LMR

Banner 2: Ice and Lightning, on Squall and Lightning

Lightning UOSB - 20xST ranged Lightning physical dmg + 1xST Overflow Lightning ranged physical damage (Lightning+ Sword)
    Squall UOSB - 3xST Overflow Ice physical dmg (Ice+ Sword)

Kain LCSSB
    Snow LCSSB
    Lightning USB
    Lightning FT - 0CT self "Heavy" EnLightning (announcement on effect will be uploaded later) (Lightning+ Sword)
    Squall FT - 0CT self "Heavy" EnIce (Ice+ Light Armor)

Squall BSB2
    Lightning BSB2
    Serah BSB2
    Kain BSB
    Lightning LMR
    Squall LMR
    Kain LMR

Banner 3: Earth, gets all the LMR2s

Ingus LCSSB
    Machina USB
    Bartz USB
    OK USB2 (The physical one)
    Gladiolus OSB
    Machina BSB
    Ingus BSB2
    Bartz BSB3
    Gladiolus BSB
    Tifa BSB2
    Ingus LMR2 - Start battle with EnEarth
    Gladiolus LMR2 - Low chance to doublecast Knight abilities (Earth+ Light Armor)

Bartz LMR
    Tifa LMR2

Banner 4: Wind, and we better be getting a Wind Celerity Ability or else Zack USB doesn't make sense.

Luneth UOSB - 20xST Wind ranged physical dmg + 1xST Overflow Wind ranged physical dmg
    Zack LCSSB
    Zack USB - 10xST random Wind/Non-ele physical dmg, Imperil Wind, self ATK/DEF +30%, Quickcast 1 and gain Quickcast 1 when using Wind abilities
    Luneth USB
    Cloud USB
    Luneth FT - 0CT self "Heavy" EnWind
    Bartz BSB4 - 8xST Wind/Non-ele physical dmg, EnWind, Burst Mode
    • Cmd 1 - 4xST Wind/Non-ele physical dmg
    • Cmd 2 - 3xST Wind/Non-ele physical dmg, self Spellblade++ 3
    Cloud BSB2
    Zack BSB
    Zidane BSB2
    Zidane LMR2 - Low chance to double cast Wind abilities
    Luneth LMR - Start battle with EnWind

Cloud LMR
    Zack LMR

Banner 5: Fire/Water; or the Yuffie and Terra Power Hour

Terra UOSB - 3xST Overflow Fire magic dmg (fire+ Mage Sword)
    Yuffie UOSB - 20xST Water ranged physical dmg + 1xST Overflow Water ranged physical dmg (Water+ Throwing Weapon)

Krile LCSSB
    Tidus LCSSB
    Yuffie USB2 -10xST Water/Non-ele ranged physical dmg, self Blink 1, EnWater, Midare Suijin
      Midare Suijin: When using Water abilities, additionally deal 4/6/8xST Water/Non-ele ranged physical dmg based on no of Blinks on self
    Terra FT - 0CT self "Heavy" Enfire (Fire+ Light Armor)
    Yuffie FT - 0CT self Blink 2, Blink Stack 2 and Ninja Damage+++

Terra BSB2
    Yuffie BSB2
    Tidus BSB2
    Terra LMR
    Yuffie LMR
    Tidus LMR
    Krile LMR

pichupal fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 22, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yuffie's surge is surprising, but so is Ingus (a FF3 character that wasn't even in the original). At least Gladio is kinda understandable.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Jesus Christ that Yuffie USB2 makes Edge's look tame :psyduck:

Pulled 4 times on the SetzerShadow banner and the game just kept making GBS threads out USBs??

Got Shadow and Setzer's USB and LMR so I legend dived them both

Looking forward to doing some absolutely degenerate stat breaking in multiplayer :getin:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

pichupal posted:

:flashfap:

I think I picked a nice time to start a JP account.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ugh, I'm going to have to actually choose which orbs to grind this time? Dena's just full of great ideas.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Ugh, used up my luck on Healer pull. Just pulled twice on 6. Shadow SSB (dupe), Setzer SSB (dupe), and Umaro SSB, which I'm guessing sucks. Was really hoping for pretty much any of the other relics. My luck on 6 pulls is crap.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

pichupal posted:

HOLY WHAT THE gently caress

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

pichupal posted:

Bartz's BSB4

What's the deal with this, anyway? Is Bartz really popular in Japan or something?

He's like fine/cool and FF5 is a good game, he's just kind of dull and FF5 is easily the least popular 16-bit game in the US, and he keeps getting advanced SBs.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

What's the deal with this, anyway? Is Bartz really popular in Japan or something?

He's like fine/cool and FF5 is a good game, he's just kind of dull and FF5 is easily the least popular 16-bit game in the US, and he keeps getting advanced SBs.

Bartz is massively popular in Japan.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

if you're not picking up Doomtrain you're wrong

(between those 2 I'd say the II banner, definitely.)

Looks like I get to have my cake and eat it too since I've already got her BSB. :toot:

(Probably gonna wait until I pull on Banner 5 before deciding on my set, though)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Someone got the bright idea that Bartz would have a gimmick based on FF5's four elemental crystals. They didn't have it in place when they made his BSB1, but 2, 3, and 4 are all on a theme of boosting one of his USB/OSB elements.

Also yeah, FF5 is stupidly popular in Japan, to the level that FF6 is popular here in the West.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera

ceaselessfuture posted:

Sneaky lil protip for those pulling on Shadow:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/71l7o5/psa_the_new_bsb_relics_in_the_first_vi_event/

There's a small chance you might get what you want in the upcoming luckies, so you might want to hold off for two days!

Since the VI event will be around until Oct 5, I'll probably hold off and reassess my situation after doing some 30th pulls.

Thanks for this, you saved me from doing an impulse third pull.

pichupal posted:

Can we please call this proshwallga? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

jebeebus posted:

Thanks for this, you saved me from doing an impulse third pull.

Can we please call this proshwallga? :allears:

Hogama claimed on Discord it was called "God Wall Grimoire." :black101:

• Locked thread