Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I want Ozy as a DJ and the music builds up as he's spinning in front of Nite Owl and Ror and then you hear a dubstep "Drop the squid" and we cut to New York in chaos. We switch back and suddenly his lair is hype with glow sticks, streamers, lights and a shifting chandelier as his cats start to roar and glow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Setting the Watchmen TV series in the modern day would be so worth it for the explosion of "THEY MISSED THE POINT OF WATCHMEN!!!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Have the squid ending, but a real invasion of squids. They then morph into kids. Watchmen was a prequel to Splatoon.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I want a Sandman series dammit

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The idea of another Watchmen adaptation is so boring. The movie is too good to bother redoing this soon.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Re: Blade

I looked up the director and his first directing gig four years before Blade was something called Death Machine which looks goddamned insane.
(Video spoils the entire film)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjHfgf893Ks

Good luck finding an uncut version in English though. :(

Death Machine is great. Brad Dourif is as entertaining as always and they work around the limitations in the titular death machine really well. I won't claim, in this thread, that it's as good as Blade, but if you liked Stephen Norrington's style in Blade then Death Machine is definitely worth tracking down.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I want them to take the original cast, production crew, director and writers and remake the movie from scratch, only they recast the characters played by Malin Åkerman and Carla Gugino

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gatts posted:

I want Ozy as a DJ and the music builds up as he's spinning in front of Nite Owl and Ror and then you hear a dubstep "Drop the squid" and we cut to New York in chaos. We switch back and suddenly his lair is hype with glow sticks, streamers, lights and a shifting chandelier as his cats start to roar and glow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoPaBKkbcLI

I assume it's followed up with an energetic defiant duet of Nite Owl and Rorschach.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIY6zFL95hE

can we discuss netflix adaptations here? I feel it's kinda relevant.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Death Machine's great because it's filled to the brim with Aliens references. I think the main characters are named Weyland and Yutani.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gorn Myson posted:

I want them to take the original cast, production crew, director and writers and remake the movie from scratch, only they recast the characters played by Malin Åkerman and Carla Gugino

Clint Howard should be Rorschach. And Carla's the perfect age to play Silk Spectre. Don't know why she was cast as the mom in the movie.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
First Punisher trailer with redacted release date.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CW and Archie Comics are adaptng The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/404765-the-cw-is-developing-the-chilling-adventures-of-sabrina

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A show based on Sabrina the Teenage Witch? That'll never work out.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That's probably one of the best trailers for a TV show I've ever seen.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Finally, all those fans of the Flash TV show complaining that the movie outfit isn't as good as the TV version get their wish.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

So this Punisher is punishing the CIA and not criminals?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

UmOk posted:

quote:

Overseas, yeah, we tryin' to stop terrorism
But we still got terrorists here livin'
In the USA, the big CIA
The Bloods and the Crips, and the KKK

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wells Cathedral defends the decision to let Hellboy film there after they researched the character and found out that he's a good guy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MacheteZombie posted:

I want a Sandman series dammit
Same my friend, though I don't know how you can do a live action version; gently caress it have Bryan Fuller do it after he's done with American Gods

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Bryan Fuller also needs to make Anansi Boys and Hannibal season 4 though

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

UmOk posted:

The only difference is that the CIA has state backing.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

This looks so good. Finally they can move away from "fist fighting punching guy" and do some gunplay.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

When the Joss Whedon nerd realizes that he is the actual bad guy - that, from the perspective of the women, the drones represent his sexism and they might be achieving a quantum of actual empowerment - he becomes enraged that his videogames are being taken away, and murders one of them.

You have lost the outer layer: (leave it to Snyder to make a masterwork of self flagellation) it is that this criticism serves as not only a fig leaf for enjoyment of the gratuitous layer, but as a scourge to be held in the mind to whip yourself with while protestantly recognizing your base enjoyment and, with the recognition and shame, enjoying it all the more.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Try a From Hell adaptation but playing up the metaphysical, gnostic poo poo heavy. Go for the True Detective audience with the ending being Gull's transcendence into the 1980's highrise (specifically make it the WTC).

Serf
May 5, 2011

The trailer is fine, but that is a bad thumbnail for it. It makes Frank Castle look like a dumpy middle-aged man cosplaying as Frank Castle, which may be true of the character's fans but is a bad look for a show about him.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Paolomania posted:

You have lost the outer layer: (leave it to Snyder to make a masterwork of self flagellation) it is that this criticism serves as not only a fig leaf for enjoyment of the gratuitous layer, but as a scourge to be held in the mind to whip yourself with while protestantly recognizing your base enjoyment and, with the recognition and shame, enjoying it all the more.

Ok so, in place of straightforward anticapitalism, you are anti-masturbation.

Sucker Punch plainly expresses that, even though films like The Avengers are enjoyable and it's great see women punching Nazis and so-on, we must remain critical of these films - their formal qualities, the conditions under which they are produced, etc. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

To this, you reply that it doesn't matter because hundreds of men on the internet are (probably?) jacking off and having orgasms while watching Sucker Punch. They are doing this right now. And, worst of all, there's nothing we can do to stop them except to prevent these immoral films from being made in the first place (by complaining to the studios that make the films for us).

It is easier to imagine the end of film, end of cinema, than to imagine a much more modest radical change in capitalism.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kingman 2 goes a lot of places and is heavy on the Bond imagery, particularly when James Bond would always kill people with tainted heroin at the climax of his films

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

jacking off and having orgasms They are doing this right now.

Agree

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Some DC movie news from around the internet:

-Shazam is confirmed to start filming in Ontario early next year.

-The Scorsese-produced Joker movie will have a script ready really soon, and will likely start filming next year as well.

- Early screenings of Justice League reveal that Lex Luthor is not in it, if anyone is wondering.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i really don't know what else to say besides this was the most loving awesome thing i've ever seen

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I love that Jon Bernthal's weird dinosaur roar he does in Daredevil is back and syncs up perfectly with Metallica.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I love that he's killing the CIA.

I hate those guys.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
After the mega-embarrassment of Iron Fist and The Defenders I'm going to be on a short fuse with this but oh my God I'm excited.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Looks like John Wick with a smaller budget and a worse cinematographer based entirely off t-shirts sold at fairs in the late 90s.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This looks so good. Finally they can move away from "fist fighting punching guy" and do some gunplay.

Given how loving terrible all the gunplay in Daredevil was, I have no idea why you'd be optimistic.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Why was Iron Fist bad?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

UmOk posted:

Why was Iron Fist bad?

Because everything.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

UmOk posted:

Why was Iron Fist bad?

it was the only one i noped out of because there was nothing likeable, about any of it

the story was bad, the choreography was cheesy looking and none of the characters were anyone you wanted to root for.

just colleen sort of but that can't hold up a show

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
That sounds like every other of the Netflix shows post-DD season 1.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The MSJ posted:

Early screenings of Justice League reveal that Lex Luthor is not in it, if anyone is wondering.

Booooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah that is a bummer

• Locked thread