Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I keep getting connections lost too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
My long term strategy right now for the Caster Gods is, now that I have Waver, to wait until Merlin arrives and gun for him, and ignore Tamamo. There are going to be SOME people that get and put her on their Support list, so I'll use those instead for when I need her for those team comps. From what I've seen, I've never seen a double Tamamo, but I have seen double Wavers and double Merlins, so I should be fine with just a Support Tamamo.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm hoarding until JAlter unless I cave in for Scath/Tamamo so see you in a few years!

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Blew all my quartz on the Nero rate-up. Nothing to show for it. :suicide:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NRVNQSR posted:

Tamamo's somewhat limited because she only works on certain team types - basically arts teams, stall teams and turtle teams - but the other side of that is that most of those teams basically need her to work, because her kit is so unique.

Compare that to Waver, who works on any team but there really aren't any teams that need him - and then compare them both to Merlin, who works everywhere and has teams that don't work without him.

Yeah, there aren't really any new husbandos until the new year.

Tamamo is rarely a -bad- addition to a team. Healing and some NP gauge charging is always welcome. I get by with her just fine as my only 5 star caster on JP.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

RanKizama posted:

Blew all my quartz on the Nero rate-up. Nothing to show for it. :suicide:

I'd say you came out ahead if you didn't get Stheno

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
15 quartz and 3 tickets burned on the banner.

I guess I should be happy with Kaleidoscope, Magdalene Shroud, and Black Grail. Granted I can't think of who I'd use the black grail on, only real option I can think of is like Medea for rapid fire NP spam.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

a kitten posted:

In the OP, or maybe second post, there's a good list of what are the best servants to shoot for in the beginning. I honestly don't know about how any upcoming events can factor into it, hopefully someone else can weigh in though.

So OP is still relevant then and Heracles is the hot poo poo? Good to know. Most of the OPs for games I play tend to be woefully out of date after like, a month.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nuebot posted:

So OP is still relevant then and Heracles is the hot poo poo? Good to know. Most of the OPs for games I play tend to be woefully out of date after like, a month.

Since the NA version is two years behind the JP version we know a lot about what's coming, so most of the info in the OP takes that into account. Also the list of available starting 4*s never changes, nor does the list of 1* and 2*s, so for the most part the info for new players is pretty evergreen.

Also NA doesn't seem to have any programmers so we're not getting any significant game changes or bug fixes for two years, so none of that info's changing either.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

Since the NA version is two years behind the JP version we know a lot about what's coming, so most of the info in the OP takes that into account. Also the list of available starting 4*s never changes, nor does the list of 1* and 2*s, so for the most part the info for new players is pretty evergreen.

Also NA doesn't seem to have any programmers so we're not getting any significant game changes or bug fixes for two years, so none of that info's changing either.

Alright then, I'd assumed it was like most mobile games where you could roll for the best stuff right out the gates.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Alright then, I'd assumed it was like most mobile games where you could roll for the best stuff right out the gates.

Not easily. Unless there's an event giving immediate premium currency - which is pretty rare - you only get one chance per reroll to get a 5*, so it'll take an average 100 rerolls to get one.

Fortunately Heracles is pretty securely part of "the best stuff" too, so it's not that much of a problem.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

:toot:

I then proceeded to dump almost 20 million QP getting his skills up to 4/2/6. Can't wait to do some double Merlin + Jalter buster memes.

Still dunno really what CE to put on him though, I have divine banquet right now since I don't have that Halloween one that's real good for casters.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Just for fun i decided to level Siegfried's third skill up to level ten, put a LBed Black Grail on him, and then put him in a party with my lv90 George and a support Merlin

Turns out old Siggy actually is capable of pumping out some stupid damage with the right setup

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

You can tell I wrote these at 3 in the morning while tired because I reread some of these and they have dumb spelling and unintentional grammatical errors. Iirc, I fixed the Mash and 1* stuff but was moving before I could get to the rest of it and got my free time eaten by everything since then

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I got my first 5* roll since the game launched on this banner.

...And it was double Jeanne. The Gacha Gods work in mysterious ways.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Should I be doing the 10AP, 20AP or 30AP daily quest variant to get things to ascend Marie further? I need birb feathers right now

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Clawtopsy posted:

Should I be doing the 10AP, 20AP or 30AP daily quest variant to get things to ascend Marie further? I need birb feathers right now

Wait till next Wednesday, 30 AP. Amazons drop feathers, and they're found there only so far. Probably going to show up in the next chapter, though?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal posted:

You can tell I wrote these at 3 in the morning while tired because I reread some of these and they have dumb spelling and unintentional grammatical errors. Iirc, I fixed the Mash and 1* stuff but was moving before I could get to the rest of it and got my free time eaten by everything since then

Wait I thought Endorph wrote them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been living a lie this whole time....

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Ashsaber posted:

Wait till next Wednesday, 30 AP. Amazons drop feathers, and they're found there only so far. Probably going to show up in the next chapter, though?

dicks i thought i needed the thursday quest

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

Not easily. Unless there's an event giving immediate premium currency - which is pretty rare - you only get one chance per reroll to get a 5*, so it'll take an average 100 rerolls to get one.

Fortunately Heracles is pretty securely part of "the best stuff" too, so it's not that much of a problem.

I took the heracles when he finally showed up and now I'm just beating skeletons to death. Should I spend my quartz or whatever on this banner or save it, what's the consensus on that?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Clawtopsy posted:

dicks i thought i needed the thursday quest

Always check the drop rate chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview (Make sure you pick the NA tab)

That says the Phoenix Feathers ARE a Thursday drop though. But remember that the rollover for dailies is different than the nightly rollover. It's 8PM EST when the dailies change, so we're on Friday now for example.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nuebot posted:

I took the heracles when he finally showed up and now I'm just beating skeletons to death. Should I spend my quartz or whatever on this banner or save it, what's the consensus on that?

Fate/Grand Order can be cleared with basically any Servant team as long as you create one with decent synergy. People can and do clear the latest high end content in JP with even 1 star Servants.

You pull because there's a Servant you think is neat and you want to give a go at getting them for whatever reason.

5 star rates are incredibly low, literally 1%. But, as mentioned, rarity doesn't have any bearing on if the Servant is good or not. (One of the best Debuff NPs in the game is held by a 1 star, for example). While yeah, 5 stars will have Bigger Numbers you don't need those numbers beyond it giving you more breathing room.

So basically if you see something you want to save for, save. If not, pull. Or just wait to see if anything looks neat in the future.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

So basically if you see something you want to save for, save. If not, pull. Or just wait to see if anything looks neat in the future.

Yeah my game plan is to just roll on who looks cool :shrug: rainbow sword lady looks pretty neat. Next banner is just pirate ladies who based on a glance don't seem to work too well with Heracles either? Not that I assume I'll be rolling in the 5*.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Speaking of good common characters, I fielded Hassan against a dragon during Artoria's NP interlude and realized I should be using him way more often.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Motto posted:

Speaking of good common characters, I fielded Hassan against a dragon during Artoria's NP interlude and realized I should be using him way more often.

He fights for the children. He's a real hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq4aOaDXIfY

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Motto posted:

He is Vengeance and the Night.

He's my Assassin of Choice.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
A big concern is, does their NP deal damage? If so is it AoE, or is it ST?

A Gold Unit of each class with a ST NP is useful for many challenge quests and for bosses in general; AoE NP's a less useful but can still work. I've gotten good results with Rinshtar and Mordred for example partly because their Buster cards can crit for ungodly amounts of damage.

Luckily we get good welfares, like Shiki, who is still my main ST Assassin.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Cursed Arm Hassan is a bro. Wish I had more Gears so I could ascend him already.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I want both pirates so Teach can have buddies while raiding treasure doors.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Oh well everything makes sense now thanks! also new question do I want to be running the 10 ap monster hunt for dragon fangs?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Oh well everything makes sense now thanks! also new question do I want to be running the 10 ap monster hunt for dragon fangs?

Yeah, best place for it currently, though that'll change next week with Okeanos free quests.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hate-Senpai posted:

Wait I thought Endorph wrote them.

ur a bitch

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Why you gotta be so rude?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Farming for these blood stones is making me wanna die.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Two Black Keys and two copies of a servant I already have, again.

Literally nothing new, i'm sick of guaranteed SR being wasted on a lovely CE yet again.

But my boyfriend gets loving Waver. Third unique SSR and I cant get anything but unlimited dupe works.

I hope that encryption removal comes soon in the US because i'm loving sick of this horseshit and want infinite loving quartz.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i spent all my quartz trying to get umu, 90+ gone

got a WHOLE stack of essences and no 4* heroes again

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I too look forward to despairing once Okeanos arrives.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Marogareh posted:

I want both pirates so Teach can have buddies while raiding treasure doors.

Teach has no buddies and never will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

tamamo is better than nero