Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
- the new interface for choosing clothing is nice but buggy. If you use it for a minute it gets stuck and stops responding, but can be fixed by clicking "random"

- Jason pt9 has his own music now and it's really good!!!

- emotes are great but I wish there was a "point down" (like, at an item). All of the icons look too similar imho, have trouble telling them apart in the heat of the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Danaru posted:

:stare: how the gently caress did they manage that

One line of code somewhere probably has a + where there should be a - symbol.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

One line of code somewhere probably has a + where there should be a - symbol.

But what were they addressing that required them to even be messing with that line of code?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Please give patch the traditional two week simmer period.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
As soon as the new map comes out, we'll be back in business for a few

Supposedly they fixed Thick Skin too.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I have given them a lot of leeway for the growing pains with this game, but how does looking at the player list now require going into a menu? How did they gently caress this up badly?

EDIT: Going into and out of the player list now requires three button presses. Moreover, you can no longer do it on the move--you have to come to a standstill. What the gently caress?

Crescent Wrench fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 22, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
they definitely fixed thick skin. i rolled AJ today and i went straight to Hurt after stepping on a trap to fix the phones. the last time that happened to me i was a rank amateur at the game.

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

I have given them a lot of leeway for the growing pains with this game, but how does looking at the player list now require going into a menu? How did they gently caress this up badly?

EDIT: Going into and out of the player list now requires three button presses. Moreover, you can no longer do it on the move--you have to come to a standstill. What the gently caress?

what? i checked the player list in game like 6x playing today by just stroking Tab like usual.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

what? i checked the player list in game like 6x playing today by just stroking Tab like usual.

Looking for the Tab button on my PS4 controller here... not finding it...

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Maybe it was the good old stack overflow. Chad's 255 in Luck rolled over to 0

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Chad is Gandhi.

~OR~

Chad's banana hammock? Stack overflow.

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 22, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

on PS4 you should be looking for the Show Scoreboard key, which at least on PC is viewable in the settings regardless of your kb/m or controller setup

also, lol homie no need to be such a bitch about it

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I think it's time to go Random Counselor. :black101:

Any recommendations on perk builds for each one while I get a feel for the others?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the counselors with 9/10 stealth - so AJ, Tiffany, and Deborah - can become entirely silent on all land movements with a Lightfoot perk that is 12% reduction or greater.

everyone benefits from a Medic perk, no matter how bad.

thick skin used to be a drop dead go to but now the magnitude is low enough (and they fixed it) that you might as well not bother unless you have a truly good perk (20%+, I'd say)

Grease Monkey now works and can go up to 50% reduction when starting the car. It's loving massive. Put it on repair characters.

Heavy Hitter also now works and is brilliant on combat characters.

preparedness is great on everyone if you have a spare slot. you are not playing strategically until you have a big map.

all of this said a lot of it is to your own taste as well. The only perk I would consider absolutely vital right now is Medic in light of thick skin's fall putting a priority on healing. beyond that I'd encourage you to experiment.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
For general use, any combination of Marathon, Medic, Grease Monkey; Thick Skin, or Restful off the top of my head (maaaaybe My Dad's a Cop). And 10% or better Lightfoot if AJ or Tiffany.

Beyond that, Swift Attacker, Heavy Hitter or Man at Arms if more combat-oriented. Slugger and Thrasher are okay as well, but below the others.

e;fb. Medic is a pretty big deal, especially when you consider it as more of a mobility perk. With Medic, broken / second story windows become escape options while traps and knives become far less of a concern.

It is easily the perk I miss the most when I'm not running it, as it essentially gives you a fourth inventory slot.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 22, 2017

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
I just got booted from a game for the first time on steam. Lost connection was the error.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

*logs in for first time after patch*

*is Jason*

*kills everyone*

*game refuses to end, even after literally everyone else leaves*

Very nice!

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Grey Fox posted:

*logs in for first time after patch*

*is Jason*

*kills everyone*

*game refuses to end, even after literally everyone else leaves*

Very nice!

I've encountered a similar bug before but it was fixable - the game would spawn two Tommy Jarvises instead of one, so when the game was over there'd still be a "ghost" Tommy just standing around (not player controlled)

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 22, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah that's why it happens 100% of the time, but most people do not know the cause and even if they do it can take some time for people to figure out where the ghost is, since jarvis can spawn in at a bunch of different places.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Weird. I'll try search around Tommy spawn areas next time.

In other news, Jason is the new Agent 47.

quote:

We’ve received some messages from fans thinking that some aspect of our singleplayer was story driven. Sorry to let you down, but it is not. The F13 films weren’t really known for their narrative. Sure, there’s a story in the films, but again, not the focal point per se. It was about Jason, victims, awesome kills and the occasional boob, right? That’s the approach we took with challenges. There’s a certain, very popular game, with a bald protagonist in a suit with a barcode on his neck. Yeah, that one. If you played that game, you kinda see the direction we’re going with Challenges. Except you’re not an elite special agent…you’re Jason.

Here’s an analogy I’ve used before that helps some; If you think of the game like a film - Multiplayer is around reel 3 or 4 in an F13 movie. Everyone knows Jason is there, and he’s killing people wholesale. Challenges however is reel one, scene one. Counselors are just getting to camp, they are settling in for the first night. They’re drinking beers, going for late night dips in the lake, smoking the drugs, and showing their wedding tackle to each other.

All of them, grossly unaware that a masked serial killer is in the woods, staring at them. YOU are staring at them, you perv. So what are you going to do? Well, within the Challenges, there are, well…challenges. It could be as simple as “Kill everyone”, but then you might find a challenge that asks you to locate a specific counselor and kill them first. Or perhaps kill someone a specific way or with a specific weapon.

Feel free to head over to our forums to read more about this and to comment with our team and community.
http://f13game.com/news/challenges/

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Wow, that sounds like an entirely different game built in the same engine.

I can completely see why it wasn't finished on release. It was either release the multiplayer component (the original intended game) when we got it, or delay the game until like an entire year later. I'm totally fine with the wait if it's going to be something fully fleshed out like they're describing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grey Fox posted:

Weird. I'll try search around Tommy spawn areas next time.

Actually weirdly enough, I've always heard he's at a campground. Usually clipping through a tent. :shepface: Your guess is as good as mine

Also I'm super into Hitman The 13th :dance: I used a similar analogy for a friend when talking about the movies, how you always see only bits and shadows of the killer until the big reveal, at which point you know main characters can start getting killed off. It's also why I love Roy's reveal in Part 5 because he just explodes through a loving door like "IT'S THE THIRD ACT BABY BUCKLE THE gently caress UP" :allears:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

Wow, that sounds like an entirely different game built in the same engine.

I can completely see why it wasn't finished on release. It was either release the multiplayer component (the original intended game) when we got it, or delay the game until like an entire year later. I'm totally fine with the wait if it's going to be something fully fleshed out like they're describing.

Yeah, and it also sounds entirely awesome and worth the wait. I love that kind of challenge mode in most any game.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That would fit a Pam-centric game much better too, since once she hits Act 3 she kind of gets the poo poo kicked out of her. Very mean through the first acts though

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

hitman the 13th sounds incredible and i'm way more hype for taht portion of the game now

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh God I hope Jason gets a mini map of some sort in that version

That would be hell to try and stealth around when you have no idea where people are. Unless they just auto show up with sense

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I had the best lovely game tonight. Right off the bat, the first person I grab and kill does the deliberate quit to steal my kill. Then when I'm chasing a group around the four seater, one jackass starts the car and drives off by himself, running over two (three?) players to escape. Then I catch and drown a Tommy who was hiding by himself on the Higgins island, and my final would-be kill also loving quits to deny me a kill.

Between the kill-quitters, the hit-and-runs and the one guy who left at the start of the match... I got one kill. One escape, one kill.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Oh God I hope Jason gets a mini map of some sort in that version

That would be hell to try and stealth around when you have no idea where people are. Unless they just auto show up with sense

I would like it better if NPCs didn't show up on the map and they just removed the cooldown on sense like Hitman's version.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but they released some info on what they're planning going forward

Notably they mention a 'sandbox' mode, but also mention it'll still be online. I just really want to practice driving without needing someone else connected :smith:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Did they take out the door knocking thing for Jason? I thought it was awesome. :(

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Nah that works fine

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Coolguye posted:

Nah that works fine

Oh okay good. :unsmith:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
i think u still want a decent t h i c c skinned equipped so you don't GET CRIPPLED FROM STEPPING IN ONE loving TRAP

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Good luck rolling one.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Thick Skin still presumably mitigates the damage you get from climbing (not jumping) through broken windows. I think jumping through them does more damage, and climbing through only gives you a 50/50 shot at being damaged and it's much less damage.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

climbing window damage is supposed to be based on your luck but who the gently caress knows at this point with how luck has apparently gotten screwed up

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

#RoysBoys

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Wow I seem to be getting killed within about a second of being grabbed every single time now. Have they changed something about that as I dont even get close to a chance of wriggling out.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
I just did a quickplay match and all the other players were actually really good. Got the car started in like 2 minutes and yet we still couldn't get away. The Jason vs Car dynamic is way different now. If Jason wants to stay near the car there is basically nothing that can be done other than going for other objectives. None of the stuns are long enough to get the car started.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Nutsngum posted:

Wow I seem to be getting killed within about a second of being grabbed every single time now. Have they changed something about that as I dont even get close to a chance of wriggling out.

I think the only difference is that they fixed kill animations not working on slopes? That seemed to be something in some patch notes somewhere (I think, don't quote me on that).

If that's the case, what's actually happening is that the grab kills are working as intended and before what was happening is that Jason players had to sort of "dial-in" a kill until it popped up on that radial kill menu. Otherwise grab kills could always be performed within like two seconds of Jason grabbing you, barring an obstruction preventing the animation from playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I wish composure/how much fear you're experiencing had more of an impact when it came to break out of Jason's grab. I feel like that's kind of the intention, but unless Jason is trying to drag you over to an environmental kill then 99% of the time you are going to die as soon as one of the quick kill animations comes up. There is basically no point to being a "cool and level headed" character when your main gimmick is ruined by how fast Jace gets his kills unlocked.

• Locked thread