Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

guess i should hop on the Heat Signature friend train
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShadowMar/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

can anyone tell me if the offworld trading company dlc is worth buying

slightlyslow
Aug 19, 2002
Cheer up, emo kid.
Here's another friend id ya'll can add for Heat Signature.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/slightlyslow/

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
I'll jump on as well - just added everyone who's already posted their profiles.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025787036/

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
So I don't know if anyone here has heard about this new game "heat signature" but is it any fun or is all the fun in posting your profiles here?

beef express
Sep 7, 2005

The highest technique is to have no technique.
I've not a goddamn idea why people are loving Consortium, to be honest. I guess there is some incredible reveal in the NG+?

edit: oops my bad, missed two pages, heat signature looks dope

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

So I don't know if anyone here has heard about this new game "heat signature" but is it any fun or is all the fun in posting your profiles here?

Yes.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I busted into a ship and KOed most of the crew with my concussion gun, then accidentally got shot and thrown out the airlock. After remote-controlling my pod to pick me up, I made my way back, and since the alarm timer was running low, I grabbed my target for assassination, busted open a window with a wrench, and threw us both out into space. I picked myself up again with my pod, and let my target suffocate to death in space before flying off to collect my pay.

I've since picked up a teleporter trap that will send enemies directly outside their ships if they step into it. :getin:

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Does Heat Signature get challenging at any point? Like, so far it seems trivial to pause-wrench the entire crew of a ship and steal it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Disgusting Coward posted:

Does Heat Signature get challenging at any point? Like, so far it seems trivial to pause-wrench the entire crew of a ship and steal it.

Have you tried any audacious missions?

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

How long have you been playing? You eventually start unlocking more mission difficulties and conditions that make things more interesting.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Joining heat signature train: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nachosnachos

Orv
May 4, 2011

Once entire groups of guards start having grenades, armor, shields, guns and their own teleporters, it's very hard. But it's almost never unrecoverable. Heat Signature is another one of those story engine sandbox games, it's less about direct challenge (though the higher difficulties will happily instakill you with no recourse) and more about procedural Rube Goldberg machines.

Orv fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 22, 2017

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I added a bunch of Heat Signature folks. Add me to the pile if you want. http://steamcommunity.com/id/beastcurse/

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So Consortium: The Tower, the kickstarter sequel to CONSORTIUM that went and apparently succeeded on Fig, is coming to early access in a few hours -- maybe. God knows if it's having even problems releasing a stable build now. The game is very buggy and will probably be no where near done when it hits EA, but from what I've played its interesting for a low rent Deus Ex like.

Feel free to wait on a more stable or complete version.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 22, 2017

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nals

Heat Signature me up goonfriends.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I gotta give the Gunpoint guy credit, he basically got lots of seasoned cynical gamers to willingly act like grandmas posting links to Farmville and Candy Crush on their facebooks so they can get some extra coins and a unique melon.

I mean, I knew he was smart because he's the guy who invented the term "ludonarrative dissonance" but this just seals it.

beef express posted:

I've not a goddamn idea why people are loving Consortium, to be honest. I guess there is some incredible reveal in the NG+?

It's a cool setting with a ton of options and a lot of reactivity to the player that was more or less built for multiple playthroughs all providing completely different experiences. Also it's ostensibly a first person shooter and it has a bunch of weapon and equipment options but there are only really three gunfights in the entire game. And one of them is missable.

It is really janky admittedly but it was interesting enough for me to power through it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Guy Mann, what's wrong with having fun?

Orv
May 4, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Guy Mann, what's wrong with having fun?

Guy Mann is a dumbass.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

StrixNebulosa posted:

what's wrong with having fun? Guy Mann

fixed

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Man, these narratives aren't ludo'd enough. It's goddamned dissonant, is what it is.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Loving heat signature so far. It's like original gta in space meets hotline Miami.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
http://www.pcgamer.com/an-infinite-damage-combo-has-been-discovered-in-divinity-original-sin-2

Divinity Bootleg Sin has the right approach to SP bullshit.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Yet another Heat Signature goon friend you can add:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/policecarauction

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Heat Signature is so loving good you guys

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Has anybody tried Ancient Frontier? Looks quite interesting, sounds like SRPG mechanics applied to a space tactics game.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/521790/Ancient_Frontier/

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If you glitched the system, congratulations

Now that's a philosophy I can get behind.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

XIII is not as good as the old X, which is only available on PS2 or emulated if you want it in English. Fame and Strategy is what they call a PUK, a player upgrade kit, which is essentially an expansion. Fame and Strategy really serves to bring XIII up to parity with X, plus the wonderful UI improvements from XIII to X. I still think the duelling and debating minigames in X were better.

XIII and Sphere of Influence - Ascension are what are called Officer Games, wherein you play as an individual dude such as Zhang Fei or Oda Nobunaga rather than a force or army. Base game Sphere of Influence is what is called a Force Game where you play as, for example, the Oda Clan or Liu Bei's Force/Shu-Han.

Now to distinguish them from normal strategy games. The Romance of the Three Kingdoms series is fairly faithful to the spirit of the original story/history, wherein field battles may be interrupted by duels between officers (which has a fantastic minigame in most entries of the series, my favourite being XI's Duelling, which allowed for poo poo like this to happen. Also, you can end up debating people off of bridges and atop mountains in order to recruit them or to set your force's agenda for the month.

I'll certainly give the PS2 version of RotTK X a look, and I guess I'll wait to see if XIII gets a decent discount.

With Nobunaga's Ambition, would you recommend Ascension over the base game, or vice-versa? I remember now someone describing the Officer system, and I thought it sounded pretty interesting. I know that there were a couple of NA games on PS2 as well, but I don't know if those are any good or comparable to RotTK X.

Phlegmish posted:

If you glitched the system, congratulations

Now that's a philosophy I can get behind.
:same:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Confession time: although this image was made jokingly, Kim Jong UN actually does have a Steam account, and I'm one of his friends on Steam. He and I were playing WarGame: Red Dragon just the other day, in fact.

He picked North Korea (as usual) and I picked the USSR. We matched up against some NATO scrubs and after a quick and easy victory, he said to me, "I don't get it Lumpy, why don't more big-shot game developers make good real-time strategy games anymore? This genre still has a lot of room for potential."

I just told him, "well, Kim, it's because a lot of that market has been sapped away by simpler, less macro-oriented strategy games, like MOBAs. Blame the DOTArds." He didn't say much after that, and seemed deep in thought. I doubt he dwelt on it too much.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ok, that one paid off.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So I noticed my "recent" list when I right click Steam in the Windows toolbar now only shows 1 game instead of a list. Anyone else see this and know wtf that's about?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

when's the last time you played anything other than that one game?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

DaveKap posted:

So I noticed my "recent" list when I right click Steam in the Windows toolbar now only shows 1 game instead of a list. Anyone else see this and know wtf that's about?

My "recent" matches my recent list in steam up to play dates of "this week", once it's fallen into the "this month" category it's no longer on my recent list.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Confession time: although this image was made jokingly, Kim Jong UN actually does have a Steam account, and I'm one of his friends on Steam. He and I were playing WarGame: Red Dragon just the other day, in fact.

He picked North Korea (as usual) and I picked the USSR. We matched up against some NATO scrubs and after a quick and easy victory, he said to me, "I don't get it Lumpy, why don't more big-shot game developers make good real-time strategy games anymore? This genre still has a lot of room for potential."

I just told him, "well, Kim, it's because a lot of that market has been sapped away by simpler, less macro-oriented strategy games, like MOBAs. Blame the DOTArds." He didn't say much after that, and seemed deep in thought. I doubt he dwelt on it too much.

This is now canon.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

OneDeadman posted:

Heat Signature is really good at making you look like a sick whirling dervish of Wrenchs. I ran into a room of four dudes and smacked two with my wrenches then threw them at the other two clearing the room in style. Also my favorite thing about it is that a lot of items can have multi-purpose applications: For instance you can use a teleport trap to teleport guards into space. Seems pretty good right? Well when you're on a rescue mission you can also use it to teleport the person you're supposed to be rescuing (which, uh, was quite startling the first time I did it). And while this might seem bad at first, it's super good because you can remote control your pod to pick them up from outer space.

I like it.

How do you throw wrenches?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Kunster posted:

How do you throw wrenches?
Press the T key and the game will pause and enter an aiming mode. Aim with the mouse, then press whatever mouse button you set your wrench to.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

OneDeadman posted:

Heat Signature is really good at making you look like a sick whirling dervish of Wrenchs. I ran into a room of four dudes and smacked two with my wrenches then threw them at the other two clearing the room in style. Also my favorite thing about it is that a lot of items can have multi-purpose applications: For instance you can use a teleport trap to teleport guards into space. Seems pretty good right? Well when you're on a rescue mission you can also use it to teleport the person you're supposed to be rescuing (which, uh, was quite startling the first time I did it). And while this might seem bad at first, it's super good because you can remote control your pod to pick them up from outer space.

I like it.

I like how you can remote control your pod to pick up your unconscious body after a guard tosses you out of the airlock to get another shot without having to start the mission over.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Didn't realise I already owned Outlast, so here's a key for anyone too lazy to use the HB offer:

The ? is an H - ?4PEM-KZI69-6F6VN

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Maaaan, I downloaded Fistful of Frags on a whim because it was a free recommendation and man it's loving tragic this thing didn't really take off. The learning curve is loving brutal but the levels, or at least the dm maps, are loving great and it's so loving satisfying getting kills and it's got a hidden depth to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maaaan, I downloaded Fistful of Frags on a whim because it was a free recommendation and man it's loving tragic this thing didn't really take off. The learning curve is loving brutal but the levels, or at least the dm maps, are loving great and it's so loving satisfying getting kills and it's got a hidden depth to it.

Pass the whiskey.