Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Also, gently caress you if you don't get with Future War Cult for strictly nerdy reasons. Best faction, lore-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

elpaganoescapa posted:

People don't ever get heavy ammo now, they just ignore it. What the gently caress.

I don't know but I sure love getting to pick it up more and stunting with swords/fusions

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

elpaganoescapa posted:

Also, gently caress you if you don't get with Future War Cult for strictly nerdy reasons. Best faction, lore-wise.

I have no idea what their lore is I just like their robo-grandma with the fun name.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Isnt it like they have traveled to the future and believe they've seen a massive Galaxy ending war, which they now worship the coming of?

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

Republicans posted:

I have no idea what their lore is I just like their robo-grandma with the fun name.

They can literally see into the future with a machine that drives you crazy, that's why they're so obsessed with war, because they know nobody can stop it

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

Blind Rasputin posted:

Isnt it like they have traveled to the future and believe they've seen a massive Galaxy ending war, which they now worship the coming of?

The Destiny 3 War, they call it.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

elpaganoescapa posted:

It's true, but their warlock armor looks kinda uggo...

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
What even is Dead Orbit's pitch now? "look, i know the traveler just woke up and it's a new age of miracles or whatever, but have you considered: gently caress that"

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Space Hamlet posted:

What even is Dead Orbit's pitch now? "look, i know the traveler just woke up and it's a new age of miracles or whatever, but have you considered: gently caress that"

Always have a plan B, always have a plan C. Iterate.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Space Hamlet posted:

That's a lol

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
Bit of a close one

Prettiest barbie

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Space Hamlet posted:

probably something like, "the tower got attacked and the traveler neutralized, and we got our poo poo pushed in, it's only a miracle that The GuardianTM got their light back somehow and we won. Who's to say there won't be a next time, even with the Traveler awake, and what if next time nobody gets their light back? Or even survives at all?"

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mazerunner posted:

probably something like, "the tower got attacked and the traveler neutralized, and we got our poo poo pushed in, it's only a miracle that The GuardianTM got their light back somehow and we won. Who's to say there won't be a next time, even with the Traveler awake, and what if next time nobody gets their light back? Or even survives at all?"

"Think of all the poo poo that was drawn here while the Traveler was asleep. What's gonna show up now that it's awake?"

Followed by "I loving TOLD YOU!!!" once those pyramid ships arrive.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

elpaganoescapa posted:

Counter gently caress you:
Peter Stormare

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mazerunner posted:

Embrace the darkness and grow fat from strength :black101:

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Soulex posted:

Counter gently caress you:
Peter Stormare

Stormare aint got poo poo on the bae Shohreh Aghdashloo.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!

Space Hamlet posted:

This is why DO is the best. FWC has fashion but DO has swagger.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
DO being the only source of black shaders is going to sway a lot of people, so you may as well join if you care about being in the "winning" selection, whatever that means

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Emalde posted:

DO being the only source of black shaders is going to sway a lot of people, so you may as well join if you care about being in the "winning" selection, whatever that means

paying 49k glimmer less for the winning factions weapon

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

squidface is on titan, selling warcliff coil, foetracer, feedback fence and sunbreakers

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

squidface is on titan, selling warcliff coil, foetracer, feedback fence and sunbreakers

it begins...

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Sooo, now that the honeymoon period is over and Destiny 2 is indeed actually a Good Game, what do you guys think of the weapon system

It's the only thing significantly worse than Destiny 1 for me personally (crucible I haven't played a whole lot on, so I haven't formed an opinion on that yet)

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Sooo, now that the honeymoon period is over and Destiny 2 is indeed actually a Good Game, what do you guys think of the weapon system

It's the only thing significantly worse than Destiny 1 for me personally (crucible I haven't played a whole lot on, so I haven't formed an opinion on that yet)

the weapon system is more of a tone-poem, a shifting collage of mood and atmosphere

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Open 2 chests, wait 5 minutes and don't open or gather poo poo else, go open the rest.
Goddamn people it's not that hard.

"Oh yes, I will put all these chests and resources there for everyone to collect"

"But Luke! Your bigmouthed loud reddit playerbase will collect 1 zillion IO TOKENS and get all the loot in 2 days and write that your game sucks all over reddit and twitter"

"Ah ok, let's make the game annoying for people who play it casually by ruining the couple of hours they can use these chest-revealing items we sell for peanuts at the tower, LOL"

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Bobby Deluxe posted:

loving hell, I was wondering why I was sometimes getting nothing from Alkane nodes.

At least those still count for collection against the daily challenges.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Well gently caress me then, another way i've been wasting my time trying to wring loot from a loot game.

You were wrong about expecting loot from a loot game where the teaser trailer promised loot and you should feel bad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've had the game a week, gotten my main to 285 Power, and I've literally never experienced this fabled "chest lockout" you all speak of. Chests always have stuff in them for me. :confused:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Happens all the time to me :(

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I really do wish that you could hold more ammunition for heavy weapons, it's pretty anemic considering the damage adjustments they've done. It wouldn't break PvE and you only get a small amount from spawns in PvP.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Was under the impression that the chests only drop a token if you trigger the cap. It sucks either way experiencing both.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

PathAsc posted:

Was under the impression that the chests only drop a token if you trigger the cap. It sucks either way experiencing both.

Is that the cap? Yeah that happens a lot, but I figured it was like the first game where most chests just give you a couple pieces of that planets resource. Getting something more substantial was reare

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Xur selling some bonkers rocket thing that empties all your heavy ammo at once in sort of one direction

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Bobby Deluxe posted:

As a Titan, gently caress you Squidward. Take your poo poo guns and your ugly clothes elsewhere and bring me that good stuff next week. Thanks.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

As a Titan, gently caress you Squidward. Take your poo poo guns and your ugly clothes elsewhere and bring me that good stuff next week. Thanks.

Next week will be the titan chest that feeds your AR.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

hitchensgoespop posted:

Xur selling some bonkers rocket thing that empties all your heavy ammo at once in sort of one direction

Ya, it's pretty cool. Better physics cannon than the portal gun knock off.

https://i.imgur.com/KD4nZ4A.mp4

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Darth Windu posted:

Is that the cap? Yeah that happens a lot, but I figured it was like the first game where most chests just give you a couple pieces of that planets resource. Getting something more substantial was reare

Every time I wait it out I get actual drops again, but that could be confirmation bias too. I may try it today, if I can stop having fun

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Rick_Hunter posted:

Ya, it's pretty cool. Better physics cannon than the portal gun knock off.

https://i.imgur.com/KD4nZ4A.mp4

They said the reason for this is that the rockets bounce into eachother and trigger the same issue as we see sometimes with terrain collisions being wonky, thus flinging poo poo everywhere at uncontrollable speed.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
What's the most current PS4 clan I would like to join it please tia

i know the way

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Sep 22, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mmmmm, feels just like sucking his face

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

cvnvcnv posted:

*sucks Xur's dick

Mmmmm, feels just like sucking his face

Sucky Sucky 5 exotics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_4B22Y8z28

Tabula Rasa in closed beta had this system. You would try to match the element of the weapon and the element of the enemy shield to break it faster and do more damage.

Is a good system... for a dungeons and dragons based RPG game.
It kind of already existed in D1, but was less important. Now is like in the center.

Theres no reason why a fire weapon would break a red shield sooner than a weapon with green bullets. It don't make much sense to me. But Is not a huge problem.

Has for the static rolls in weapons.. I think a game with OP weapons is more fun than a game where everything is balanced.