Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/SpikeFriedman/status/910272883120672768

Ahahahahaahahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahaaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
You know odhiambo is garbage when ereck flowers looks like an upgrade.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Very much hope there are no changes to seattles line this week

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

That's Alex Barron/Jason Smith/Greg Robinson type of futilty.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Metapod posted:

Very much hope there are no changes to seattles line this week

Oday Aboushi is starting, supposedly

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/910638417796464640

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

I mean, thank God for that, but "he may start because he's played against them before" is one of the dumbest reasons I can think of to start an O lineman. If Cable actually thinks anyone believes that then he's dumber than I thought.

If Aboushi starts it's because Glowinski is playing badly enough that the negative effects from shuffling the line are outweighed by his high school football-tier performance.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I am very excited to watch my terrible football team probably continue to have more losses than touchdowns!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

holy poo poo that cleats commercial, how loving bitchmade are the niners who agreed to that loving script? they air this in san francisco? wow

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

shirts and skins posted:

Carroll hinted in his press conference today at scheme and personnel changes, said that Aboushi, Pocic, and Tobin are all pushing for OL time. Could they actually move toward a hurry-up, read option offense? I'll believe it when I see it.

Have to think they do something different on the right side of the line this week. It looked to me like the left side was somewhat better, but that Glowinski and Ifedi were *so* bad that it didn't matter.

Glow at least has to go, he's shown nothing for two years now. The rest of the line will gel somewhat, I just hope they do it in time to avoid injury to Russ.

He's already hurt.

Look at his throwing motion from the Niners game. It's all loopy and wonky. He drops the ball so loving low on his windup he's looking almost Tebow-esque.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
That was the most bullshit opi call I've ever seen.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Coldforge posted:

That was the most bullshit opi call I've ever seen.

The 49ers suck forever and ever.
But I was cheering for them and was pissed at that bullshit call.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Best game I've seen this year aside from A smith unleashing the dragon on the Pats. At least the 9ers offense finally showed some life. Such crap that it ended on that call, really killed the hype

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
The Rams better get their D in order, or holy poo poo will it be a long season. Hopefully they can shore up some stuff during the next ten days.

I obviously love the Rams' offensive turn around (gently caress Jeff Fisher).

Credit to the niners, though. Maybe their O has come out of its coma.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This division isn't good but it's fun as heck

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I miss Jeff Fisher already

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

"offensive pass interference"

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

I miss Jeff Fisher already

:argh:

loving NO!!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

I didn't see that as I was at work, but yeah, that's horrible.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Leperflesh posted:

Whew, that's, uh, not great.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

The Rams better get their D in order, or holy poo poo will it be a long season. Hopefully they can shore up some stuff during the next ten days.

I obviously love the Rams' offensive turn around (gently caress Jeff Fisher).

Credit to the niners, though. Maybe their O has come out of its coma.

Luckily it looks like most of the problems the Rams are having on defense can be coached. Lots of guys losing contain and not sticking in gaps is really screwing them. Credit to Brian Hoyer he dropped some really good deep passes last night that the Rams had no chance to defend.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

I glad it was an NFC West division match that finally gave us a great Thursday night football game. Despite that, please end Thursday night football.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

DariusLikewise posted:

Luckily it looks like most of the problems the Rams are having on defense can be coached. Lots of guys losing contain and not sticking in gaps is really screwing them. Credit to Brian Hoyer he dropped some really good deep passes last night that the Rams had no chance to defend.

Goff's deep, over the shoulder pass to Watkins was really nice too.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Luckily it looks like most of the problems the Rams are having on defense can be coached. Lots of guys losing contain and not sticking in gaps is really screwing them.

:agreed:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I dunno how to feel about the 49ers putting up that many points after Brian Hoyer poo poo the bed against the Seahawks. I guess the Rams defense isn't good anymore?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

seiferguy posted:

I dunno how to feel about the 49ers putting up that many points after Brian Hoyer poo poo the bed against the Seahawks. I guess the Rams defense isn't good anymore?

I'm sure it won't matter when Aaron Donald breaks the single game sack record against us

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
49ers are by no means a good team, but they do have a few good players and a great scheme on offense. Problems are mostly big holes in the roster, a loooooot of young players, and first year in a scheme that takes time to learn.

Starting the season against Panthers and Seahawks defense was not ideal for a group trying to find it's feet. Not that the Rams D is a pushover, but they're also going through first year/holes in roster issues.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Niners would be even better if everyone besides garcon could stop dropping passes. Hoyer sprinkles really bad decisions in with generally competent play, there's a decent WR roster for the first time in years, Hyde is Hyde, and the team has invested heavily on defense. And of course the coaching and play calling is much improved.

So yeah, they are no longer a 2-14 kind of team. That doesn't mean they're "good" but I would be surprised if they don't finish the season with six wins.

Next seven matchups into their bye:
Cardinals
Colts
Redskins
Cowboys
Eagles
Cardinals
Giants

I could see definite win possibilities against the colts and eagles, I'm not sure about the cards, and the giants are beatable particularly when ODB is hurt, which is often.

After the bye, they go
Seahawks
Bears
Texans
Titans
Jags
Rams

I tend to think week 3 is too early to predict much that far out, because a lot can happen w/r/t injuries, team improvement, etc. but on the other hand, there's way more tape to study and the teams tend to gel and get better too. But I could tentatively speculate that the bears and jags are beatable, and week 17 probably won't matter for the niners enough for them to risk guys like hyde while the rams are maybe still contending for the division in that game.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Man, that is an easy rear end schedule.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If they beat arizona next week the niners are going to the super bowl of finishing third in the division

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

If they beat arizona next week the niners are going to the super bowl of finishing third in the division

Their best chance is going to be the colts in the week following, assuming Luck is still out. Then probably the Giants? I dunno, I still figure 2-5 wins, since chances are they'll fluke into a win or two.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
The LA Rams are in first place in the NFC West. Such is the world we live in.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Spoeank posted:

I'm going to that game. I hope they don't. thank you.

Nervous posted:

The LA Rams are in first place in the NFC West. Such is the world we live in.

it's going to be pretty short lived at least cause I could see them dropping the next 3 games. If they beat the Cowboys and Seattle back-to-back however then go ahead and crown them

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Leperflesh posted:

He totally interfered with the defenders right to cover the receiver by not running the route the defender expected him to run. 10/10 would throw the flag again.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I think the schadenfreude may kill me this year.

https://twitter.com/ShaunOHara60/status/912372456245141504

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Isn't there some random FA guys out there that the Seahawks could sign and plug in that could be better than what they have. Nick Mangold is still out there

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Coldforge posted:

I think the schadenfreude may kill me this year.

https://twitter.com/ShaunOHara60/status/912372456245141504

What an amazing show of solidarity, the entire team kneeling in protest on one play. Real proud of my boys out there.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

What an amazing show of solidarity, the entire team kneeling in protest on one play. Real proud of my boys out there.

Even Jimmy tried to join in, but that darn defender wouldn't let him kneel.

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/912346884039200770

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

DariusLikewise posted:

Isn't there some random FA guys out there that the Seahawks could sign and plug in that could be better than what they have. Nick Mangold is still out there

John Greco

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

https://mobile.twitter.com/guga31bb/status/913469704529989634

tom cable is an enormous and dumb rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer