Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Tarage posted:

https://bato.to/reader#31140f09a007c37a

Just a quick heads up, we had some human error with our scanning process and as a result one of the pages got singed to the point where it's not salvageable. I've rush shipped a replacement book from Japan, but it may not arrive in time to debind, scan, and then clean and typeset. As a result, we may miss our Wednesday release window. It's likely that we'll release Thursday or Friday, or at worst, release two chapters the following week. Either way, I wanted to let you guys know.

Thanks for reading.

:asoiaf: Why is this manga so good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

Very carefully.

Also what HellCopter said.

I dunno, depending on how horrifying the next few pages are, this could be foreshadowing :v:

But yeah, re: the current chapter, I can't wait to see True Demon Queen Akane kick some rear end! :black101:

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
If anyone remembers that crossover omake from a while back, the first chapter of the other series just got put up on Batoto.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
https://bato.to/reader#da6d121b6fb420a1

A day late and a pire short.

I told you this cliffhanger was gonna be a rough one.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is my dream to replace all the "The truth is, I'm" dialogue into "My monster secret is that I'm" for all the dramatic scenes.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Hate-Senpai posted:

It is my dream to replace all the "The truth is, I'm" dialogue into "My monster secret is that I'm" for all the dramatic scenes.

I do that on 4chan.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
gently caress yeah, Youko! Hardly anyone's gonna be able to hate you after showing yourself to be a big drat hero!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarage posted:

I do that on 4chan.

God bless. Even the Genjuro one???

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Hate-Senpai posted:

God bless. Even the Genjuro one???

Nah, didn't think that far ahead.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Wait...what did Shirayuki do to Akane?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Artificer posted:

Wait...what did Shirayuki do to Akane?

Temporarily restrained her via sealing.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i usually roll my eyes at title drops, but this was a good one

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
:perfect:

Hell yeah Youko!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Oh no, my vision has gotten all blurry for some reason :cry:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fuuuuuuuuck son

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im on the edge of my seat yall

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

hoooly poo poo

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Youko is...cool! :eyepop:

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
She didn't need Asahi's blood to transform or anything, she just wanted to make sure her stomach wouldn't ruin her cool beauty debut.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Awwwwww yeah!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
What was the crystal effect that appeared on Youko's shoulder before she hosed Asahi infront of the whole class?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Zeruel posted:

What was the crystal effect that appeared on Youko's shoulder before she hosed Asahi infront of the whole class?

She's using her bats to watch the fight on the roof.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:vince:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Avulsion posted:

She's using her bats to watch the fight on the roof.

I don't see them anywhere. How were we supposed to be able to tell?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
There's a big bat in the panel at the bottom of the page before that one. I didn't notice it either until it was pointed out here that there was a bat.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
gently caress. YES.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

SpacePig posted:

There's a big bat in the panel at the bottom of the page before that one. I didn't notice it either until it was pointed out here that there was a bat.

That doesn't really look very bat-like to me. It definitely could've been made a bit clearer, but it makes sense now.

They're having fun at the party > Youko sees what's going on on the roof > decides to take action and reveals herself to everyone

khy
Aug 15, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

That doesn't really look very bat-like to me. It definitely could've been made a bit clearer, but it makes sense now.

For some reason it looks headless, if it had the more traditionally pictured bat head it would have been clearer.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Welp, game on! The bat eye looked more like an ability rather then an actual bat. So it's just the Batman symbol.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I guess it's a neat shadow-bat when Youko is actually trying, instead of a cartoon bat.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The truth is, this series is pretty great.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
My monster secret is... I'm very excited for the next chapter.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Zeruel posted:

She's going through what Genjirou was.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Tarage posted:

She's going through what Genjirou was.

This part confuses me because wasn't Genjirou's whole problem that he wasn't feeding and was going all blood crazy because of it?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
In this case I think because Youko has accepted her vampireness and has been feeding, she's able to control her "awakening".

Also note that she quickly takes a swig of Asahi right after that page, which probably prevented her from going full blood-crazy.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Does that mean that Youko isn't going to suddenly become ten feet tall?

She should at least get just slightly taller than Asahi as a gag.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SpazmasterX posted:

This part confuses me because wasn't Genjirou's whole problem that he wasn't feeding and was going all blood crazy because of it?

That was the assumption, but now it looks more like it's because he denied and hated his vampiric nature. That's why we got those flashbacks in this chapter of Youko doing the same thing.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Begemot posted:

That was the assumption, but now it looks more like it's because he denied and hated his vampiric nature. That's why we got those flashbacks in this chapter of Youko doing the same thing.

Not only that, Genjirou is both full-blooded (heh) vampire and actively kept himself from feeding his whole life, denying his own desires. When his true nature came out, it came out BIG.

("Coming out" metaphor may or may not be intended.)

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Mirage posted:

Not only that, Genjirou is both full-blooded (heh) vampire and actively kept himself from feeding his whole life, denying his own desires. When his true nature came out, it came out BIG.

("Coming out" metaphor may or may not be intended.)

Can you be a half-vampire? I thought vampirism was all or nothing. Unless they're going for genetic differences. I always assumed Genjirou hulking out was the whiplash body reaction to neglecting the vampire side of himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im p sure youko has been described as specifically half-vampire somewhere in the story

• Locked thread