Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Considering you are going to have to have to involve yourself with almost the entire map, it makes sense that you would be expected to field more armies to help cover that ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Rookersh posted:

One thing to notice, the upkeep of HElven units is considerably lower then the upkeep of various TW1 race units. 60 for Spearmen with no upkeep tech? 40 for the archers?

Swordsmen are 100, loving Boyz are 120. Most everything outside of zombies and skelly warrior chaff start at 110ish, and jump to 180ish.

Going to be a lot easier to have multiple large armies in this it looks like. It won't be port/gold mine boogaloo.

tyrion has -35% upkeep on his army.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
It gets pretty tiring watching people who are so brain dead that they can't show off the game be the only ones who get early access. I get it they have more followers yadda yadda but jesus

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

They are definitely new to the series, he even said that when asked. At the very least, he's willing to listen to suggestions and doesn't respond by throwing miniature temper tantrums like TB.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Norsca campaign tips for legendary?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Well that streamer stopped playing it now. Stumbled a lot, but was slowly getting acclimated.

However, Burke Black is now streaming it (12:07am EST): https://www.twitch.tv/burkeblack

Currently he's trying to decide on a faction/LL.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

unwantedplatypus posted:

It gets pretty tiring watching people who are so brain dead that they can't show off the game be the only ones who get early access. I get it they have more followers yadda yadda but jesus

Apparently the normal youtubers will be able to start showing footage on Saturday.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

To be fair, even taking that into account still leaves them as decently cheaper than their TW1 equivalents.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This is not even getting to Skaven. Clan Rats and Skaven Slaves are dirt cheap.

I think slaves costed like 10 upkeep or something when I saw it last.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Holy crap, the latest nvidia drivers that popped up yesterday are optimised for Warhammer 2!

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/project-cars-2-total-war-warhammer-ii-game-ready-driver:

quote:

Game Ready For Total War: WARHAMMER II

The award-winning Total War and WARHAMMER franchises combine once again for a sequel to the critically-acclaimed Total War: WARHAMMER. Everything's bigger and better in Total War: WARHAMMER II, and you can even combine the maps from both the original game and sequel to make a gigantic grand strategy campaign. That doesn't mean the system requirements have rocketed up, however, as developer Creative Assembly has greatly increased performance whilst simultaneously adding new and better visual effects:

Total War: WARHAMMER II Minimum System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.0GHz, or equivalent
GPU: GeForce GTX 460
RAM: 4GB

Total War: WARHAMMER II Recommended System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 @ 3.20GHz, or equivalent
GPU: GeForce GTX 770 4GB, or equivalent
RAM: 8GB

Total War: WARHAMMER II 60 FPS+ 1920x1080 System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz, or equivalent
GPU: GeForce GTX 1070, or equivalent
RAM: 8GB

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

this video some streamer put up earlier shows some of the skaven unit upkeep values better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WUMu0weXw8

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Gonkish posted:

Well that streamer stopped playing it now. Stumbled a lot, but was slowly getting acclimated.

However, Burke Black is now streaming it (12:07am EST): https://www.twitch.tv/burkeblack

Currently he's trying to decide on a faction/LL.

He's playing southlands Skaven and he is hilariously bad at the game.

He takes advice from chat an tries really hard, but he's losing hard and loving it.
He's pretty on point with summons and spells though and it has led him to some surprise victories.

It's fun watching him struggle instead of a pro stomping lizards flat.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Really, that's how skaven should be played.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I actually enjoy watching people who are average at the game more than pro. At least then there's some actual tension about who'll win

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
High Elves are going my first campaign and I will not spend influence on recruiting lords and heroes. Their talents will be losing friends and alienating people.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Mukip posted:

High Elves are going my first campaign and I will not spend influence on recruiting lords and heroes. Their talents will be losing friends and alienating people.

ah, escapism

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Stream it!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

RBA-Wintrow posted:

He's playing southlands Skaven and he is hilariously bad at the game.

He takes advice from chat an tries really hard, but he's losing hard and loving it.
He's pretty on point with summons and spells though and it has led him to some surprise victories.

It's fun watching him struggle instead of a pro stomping lizards flat.

He's like 50 turns in, and nowhere near his first ritual. The other three races are either completing theirs, or already finished it. He's got 66k in the bank and isn't sending an intervention force to stop the two rituals in progress.

This guy is weirdly charming, I'm a lot more forgiving of being bad when you aren't all :smuggo: about it.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
I would like his stream better if he played more and talked less about DLCs and which films were good this year. I don't mind bumbling playing, as long as one is actually playing.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Fans posted:

I actually enjoy watching people who are average at the game more than pro. At least then there's some actual tension about who'll win

the real good poo poo is two players who know what they're doing vs each other

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

this video some streamer put up earlier shows some of the skaven unit upkeep values better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WUMu0weXw8

YOU GIT :orks:

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Raygereio posted:

I think we can all agree that the CA dev who put this idle animation in is a mad genius.

not enough love for this

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Nanomashoes posted:

Yeah, when you factor in the upkeep reduction that puts hat elf spears at 100 or so baseline and archers at probably 80 or so. It puts the melee about as expensive as empire spears with shields, but their archers are significantly cheaper compared to empire Crossbows, though with the differences in the campaign map and also faction focuses/differences it's hard to tell if the cost per unit is going to be the same as the first game. It seems like this game encourages swinging around large sums of money for rituals and events more often than TW:W 1 does and incomes have gone up in a compensatory fashion. It also makes sense that hat elf archers are cheaper to field since that's generally a big focus for elfy armies in general, and are kind of vanilla compared to wood elf or dark elf shooting.

Though, as has been said in pretty much all the threads I've watched, all the stats including cost and upkeep are subject to revision. The version everyone is streaming on is old that doesn't reflect the current state of the game as CA is working on it. The reason they are using the old version is because it's the most stable right now. I would expect to see some tweaks between what we're seeing on streamer screens and what we'll get next week.

The fun thing I've seen is that in the Lizardman stream I watched, Sauruses have like mid-200s upkeep and are easily killy enough to go cost-for-cost with any other faction. Who has that gif of the battle forces screen of the Lizardmen/Skaven fight where Lizards are outnumbered 800 to 5000 and the balance of power is still even or edging slightly toward the lizards.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 22, 2017

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Skaven bell ringing, Lizard scratching butt and liking finger and archaon getting stomped by a Griphon. These need to be on Warhammer II's OP.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

420 Gank Mid posted:

the real good poo poo is two players who know what they're doing vs each other

Agreed! But we're only getting Campaign and watching someone good at campaign is deathly dull because the AI is useless

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Fans posted:

Agreed! But we're only getting Campaign and watching someone good at campaign is deathly dull because the AI is useless

I prefer the way that CA has been doing it where being good at the actual battles is an excuse to play more recklessly and get into tons of fights

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

+30 winds

Free Ruby Ring of Ruin

8 lore passives

:awesome:

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
New video up on Total War's Youtube channel.

Party Elite does a Lizardmen vs High Elves Multiplayer Battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QppGOuv1y8

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Kainser posted:

+30 winds

Free Ruby Ring of Ruin

8 lore passives

:awesome:

oh good, they've kept Teclis solidly bullshit good but in a different way than Mazdamundi. I like it.

dumb lore bullshit: the Potion of Charoi, much like the Sword of Teclis, if applied to a regular elf would make them an invincible god of murder. for Teclis, well, uh, in a combat situation he can chug one and fill with enough supernatural vigor that he won't break every bone in his body if a light breeze knocks him over.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 22, 2017

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I hope they buff the old casters a bit because they're going to feel like loving chumps compared to these guys.

Then again I guess in the lore they actually are

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Yeah Teclic's sword is like a half step below Gal Maraz on the tabletop

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Fans posted:

I hope they buff the old casters a bit because they're going to feel like loving chumps compared to these guys.

Then again I guess in the lore they actually are

they say they're gonna, if only to make the wizard lords less strictly inferior to just grabbing a regular wizard. Mazdamundi, Teclis, and Malekith are certainly The Big Names in weird magic bullshit, though, with Teclis in particular being gamebreakingly so even by the very low balance standards of warhammer fantasy.

really like the design concept behind giving him all the passives- makes you massively incentivized to have him casting constantly to buff his army, as opposed to just being Behold, I Do The Magics Even Harder-er.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Ze Pollack posted:

oh good, they've kept Teclis solidly bullshit good but in a different way than Mazdamundi. I like it.

dumb lore bullshit: the Potion of Charoi, much like the Sword of Teclis, if applied to a regular elf would make them an invincible god of murder. for Teclis, well, uh, in a combat situation he can chug one and fill with enough supernatural vigor that he won't break every bone in his body if a light breeze knocks him over.

It's cool that he gets pretty much all of the best spells from all the lores (plus chain lightning, but you can't win em all). He looks like he may actually have two circles worth of spells too, unless Flames of the Phoenix is not a spell

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Kaza42 posted:

It's cool that he gets pretty much all of the best spells from all the lores (plus chain lightning, but you can't win em all). He looks like he may actually have two circles worth of spells too, unless Flames of the Phoenix is not a spell

I think Flames of the Phoenix is the wind spell that summons a phoenix to poop fire along a line; with the new wind targeting mechanics it could be quite good. Still waiting to see Winds of Death with the new targeting mechanics, because that's bound to be some hilarious bullshit.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

RBA-Wintrow posted:

New video up on Total War's Youtube channel.

Party Elite does a Lizardmen vs High Elves Multiplayer Battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QppGOuv1y8

4:34 has an elf getting high so hard by the solar beam he does a 360 spin mid air. It's beautiful.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Gonkish posted:

I think Flames of the Phoenix is the wind spell that summons a phoenix to poop fire along a line; with the new wind targeting mechanics it could be quite good. Still waiting to see Winds of Death with the new targeting mechanics, because that's bound to be some hilarious bullshit.

I wanna see wind of death go down the flank of a massed horde of Skaven

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Whorelord posted:

I wanna see wind of death go down the flank of a massed horde of Skaven

And that's how you get a bigass casualty pile to farm with raise dead. :hellyeah:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Kaza42 posted:

it wasn't one in the tabletop, but in ~the lore~ it's something he did once, in his grand coming out as Not Just Tyrion's Sickly Nerd Brother

Tyrion manages to engage Malekith's army in combat, and Malekith proceeds to give his nephew an extended and painful lesson in why you should respect your elders. It is Mayweather-McGregor only with swords and armies, and because Malekith is a dick he is drawing the whole thing out just to make sure Tyrion has reached peak despair before he dies of his wounds.

and then some sickly nerd who has very clearly been rehearsing the line for decades shouts "THE UNDERCOOKED JERK STORE CALLED, AND THEY ARE RUNNING OUT OF YOU" and drops the Flames of Asuryan, the fire that wrecked Malekith back in the first place, on top of the two of them.

that not so much as a hair on Tyrion's head was singed, and Malekith was forced to flee leaving a trail of molten metal and extra-crispy elfsmell behind him, is definitely a testament to how good a wizard Teclis is, and should not be taken as some sort of divine endorsement of Tyrion as the next Phoenix King.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Ze Pollack posted:

it wasn't one in the tabletop, but in ~the lore~ it's something he did once, in his grand coming out as Not Just Tyrion's Sickly Nerd Brother

it was a spell back in sixth edition, and I think fifth edition as well

e: iirc it was an ongoing damage spell where the strength of the hits increased each turn as long as it wasn't dispelled or cancelled

Jeb Bush 2012 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

ZarathustraFollower posted:

4:34 has an elf getting high so hard by the solar beam he does a 360 spin mid air. It's beautiful.

I wish the rider at 5:00 had turned around to look when the dino hit.

Edit: And at 12:50 Tyrion charging Mazdamundi, just to go flying when hitting the stegosaurus. Talk poo poo, Get Hit.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 22, 2017

• Locked thread