Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
I think Les Miles could be a candidate at Nebraska, either as a head coach or as AD. His son plays for the team and I don't think he wants to do TV forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oh man please

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Les "I dont know what offense is" Miles would be a good fit in B1G country

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
My father in law would have a heart attack at more than once a decade Nebraska trick play

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
There's been talk for a while that Mullen is very gettable, although certainly could just mean his agent likes having negotiating leverage.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Grittybeard posted:

It's been years but I always wanted RichRod to go to Nebraska when he left WVU. The run first spread offense seemed like a natural evolution of what Nebraska football should be.

Unfortunately that Arizona stint...whew. So that's never going to happen.

Four of his five (going on six) years at Arizona were pretty good, probably as good as you can realistically expect from this team. It's a program where going to the Mayonnaise Bowl or something is a good season.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Kim Jong Il posted:

There's been talk for a while that Mullen is very gettable, although certainly could just mean his agent likes having negotiating leverage.

The difference between Nebraska and Miss State in terms of livability is quite literally zero. So, he would be trading no expectations for massive ones, likely without even a commensurate raise to boot. Might as well stay down south and stay in decent recruiting ground at that point.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I hope Nebraska hires Scott Frost so Michigan can run up on the score on him without feeling bad for beating up a cupcake

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
The din of cowbells is a sound that I would want to get away from after as many years as he's been there. Plus, if he wants to show people he was the brains behind the Tebow years, he'll need to leave Starkville to win big.

Nebraska is a coaches' graveyard, though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I hope Nebraska hires Scott Frost so Michigan can run up on the score on him without feeling bad for beating up a cupcake

I maintain that Ryan Leaf should've had one more second for a hail mary in the 98 Rose Bowl. :colbert:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I maintain that Ryan Leaf should've had one more second for a hail mary in the 98 Rose Bowl. :colbert:

:agreed:

I've said it before, but I really hope Nebraska doesn't hire Frost.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Dalmuti posted:

Please forget that you know about Dan Mullen. He is our arrogant Yankee scientologist yall

And he is making $2.2m MORE than Mike Riley. Would Nebraska pony up for both a buyout and the $6m+ it would take to drag Dan out of Starkville? Doubt it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

LLCoolJD posted:

The din of cowbells is a sound that I would want to get away from after as many years as he's been there. Plus, if he wants to show people he was the brains behind the Tebow years, he'll need to leave Starkville to win big.

Nebraska is a coaches' graveyard, though.

He's won big at Starkvegas too, getting #CLANGA up to #1 in the first ever playoff poll. He's certainly overachieved from what was expected of him and what he's got available, it's just a matter of going to a place that'll put him in position to win a national title. That may be State for another season since I think Fitzpatrick is a soph and a strong finish/recruiting class could have them starting in the Top 10, which puts them in the hunt. But if A&M/Tennessee come in at 5m+ a year and go up from there, especially Tennessee in the far easier East (although he doesn't escape Bama), he'd have to listen.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

And he is making $2.2m MORE than Mike Riley. Would Nebraska pony up for both a buyout and the $6m+ it would take to drag Dan out of Starkville? Doubt it.

I don't think he's the guy but it won't be because of money. Everyone in the Big Ten is making money faster than they can spend it and Nebraska isn't shy about spending. They've spent a shitload on basketball facilities recently and no one at the school gives a gently caress about basketball

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I think BTN alone is now sending something on the order of $60+ mil per year to every school other than Maryland and Rutgers. Cash flow isn't a concern for anyone in the B1G at this point.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Yeah, money's not really an issue 'round here.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

My father in law would have a heart attack at more than once a decade Nebraska trick play

From 1998 to 2003, we called this a "pass"

Konstantin posted:

His son plays for the team

Athletic Director Rick Spielman
Head Coach Les Miles
OC Kurt Warner
Recruiting Coordinator Keyshawn Johnson

poo poo, we're on to something here

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 22, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Real Name Grover posted:

From 1998 to 2003, we called this a "pass"

he wont even talk about Bill Callahan

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Callahan ran some fuckin' batshit fake plays, man

Check this poo poo out (the guy who catches it was a defensive end)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

Callahan ran some fuckin' batshit fake plays, man

Check this poo poo out (the guy who catches it was a defensive end)

Hahaha Barry Turner. Oh man that takes me back.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Seems like it would take something like $8 million to get him away unless he's just dying to get out. He's making $4.8 million right now, and I'd think Mississippi State would be willing to dig in their pockets and match up until you start approaching Saban numbers, especially if they're a 10 win team this year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

General Dog posted:

Seems like it would take something like $8 million to get him away unless he's just dying to get out. He's making $4.8 million right now, and I'd think Mississippi State would be willing to dig in their pockets and match up until you start approaching Saban numbers, especially if they're a 10 win team this year.

There are reasons other than "more money" why he might want to leave. It's not like he hasn't interviewed for other jobs in the past. Obviously he's open to it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Trick plays are the spice of life

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

vyst posted:

Trick plays are the spice of life

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dalmuti posted:

Please forget that you know about Dan Mullen. He is our arrogant Yankee scientologist yall

Wait, what?

Mullen is a clam? :stare:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

General Dog posted:

You know, we may have been forgetting about Notre Dame in all this, especially if they fall apart towards the end. Now that's someone who can outspend just about anyone but Texas for someone they want.

And before someone says "lmao notre dame hire CLANGA head coach" Lou Holtz came from Arkansas so it's not like they're above hiring hc's from hillbilly schools.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I'm sad Arky won because I was 100% sure Sumlin would be fired today if he lost and this thread would get good

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Raku posted:

I'm sad Arky won because I was 100% sure Sumlin would be fired today if he lost and this thread would get good

Sumlin deserves to be fired for letting Bert and the Pigs take him to OT

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Barry Odom's seat has burned up, I am sad to say.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mac's seat is about to be molten lava.

Dropping the 30 year streak to Kentucky is unconscionable.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

Mac's seat is about to be molten lava.

Dropping the 30 year streak to Kentucky is unconscionable.

FSU lost, as well. :negative: So i can't even take much pleasure in this.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Randaconda posted:

Did you see how many long big plays we gave up?

Kelly has to go. That our run defense hinges on literally the dumbest player we have and that no one else can come in to make it work is galling

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Randaconda posted:

It's like Saban sent his assistants to Gainesville to double-tap the Gators after Meyer faked chest pains to escape Gainesville.

....what a slog it's been since 2010.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

It's like Saban sent his assistants to Gainesville to double-tap the Gators after Meyer faked chest pains to escape Gainesville.

....what a slog it's been since 2010.

Could always back up the dump truck filled with the money to Bob Stoops's house.

I don't even know what other big name coaches would be available.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Randaconda posted:

Could always back up the dump truck filled with the money to Bob Stoops's house.

I don't even know what other big name coaches would be available.

Who would coach here after back to back firings? Even justified?

Program is toxic, my dude. We gonna be bad for awhile unless Mac pulls a rabbit out of his gaping, shark-loving rear end in a top hat next year.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

Who would coach here after back to back firings? Even justified?

Program is toxic, my dude. We gonna be bad for awhile unless Mac pulls a rabbit out of his gaping, shark-loving rear end in a top hat next year.

I don't think it's that bad. It's still Florida, after all.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Looks like it's time for Kirk Ferentz to sign another extension!

e - well nevermind

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 24, 2017

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/MattRHinton/status/911790375886606336

This is by far the most accurate assessment of Coach Mac's tenure.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Today's drubbing should seal the deal for getting rid Odom. Hopefully Sterk has been prepping a list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/MattRHinton/status/911790375886606336

This is by far the most accurate assessment of Coach Mac's tenure.

Did he ever say why he hosed the shark though?

• Locked thread