Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I'm thinking about making a move for a WR in my .5 PPR redraft.

My team:

RBs:
J Howard
CJ Anderson
Tarik Cohen
Derrick Henry
Doug Martin

WR:
Mike Evans
Sammy Watkins
Tyrell Williams
Corey Davis
Paul Richardson
Golladay

I'm thinking of trying to target Michael Thomas, Crabtree, or Diggs from the Demarco Murray owner. Would I be insane to offer him Henry for Diggs?

I know Henry could be an RB1, but it's not a sure thing, and it would be nice to solidify my starting lineup. On the other hand I know you can never have too many RBs.

...should I try to move Howard instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Butter Hole posted:

My team:

RBs:
J Howard
CJ Anderson
Tarik Cohen
Derrick Henry
Doug Martin

WR:
Mike Evans
Sammy Watkins
Tyrell Williams
Corey Davis
Paul Richardson
Golladay

I'm thinking of trying to target Michael Thomas, Crabtree, or Diggs from the Demarco Murray owner. Would I be insane to offer him Henry for Diggs?

I know Henry could be an RB1, but it's not a sure thing, and it would be nice to solidify my starting lineup. On the other hand I know you can never have too many RBs.

Personally, I wouldn't trade Diggs for a backup RB. I might take CJ Anderson for him but I doubt you you want to give him up.

Just ask the guy. "Hey, what would it take to get Diggs?" I've had more success having a conversation about a trade than just sending them and hoping they accept.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

RisqueBarber posted:

Personally, I wouldn't trade Diggs for a backup RB. I might take CJ Anderson for him but I doubt you you want to give him up.

I feel that, but a lot of people think Henry is more talented and is poised to take the job.

I could probably move CJA and survive until Martin comes back but that feels risky, especially if Bradford is really hurt.

I'm probably undervaluing Diggs because I've never been a big believer in him, just starting to worry about Watkins a bit. hmm. Maybe I'll shop around.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Butter Hole posted:

I feel that, but a lot of people think Henry is more talented and is poised to take the job.

I could probably move CJA and survive until Martin comes back but that feels risky.

I'm probably undervaluing Diggs because I've never been a big believer in him, just starting to worry about Watkins a bit. hmm. Maybe I'll shop around.

Honestly, I would hold tight if you're 2-0 or 1-1 and scoring decent points. You have great depth at both positions and I think Sammy Watkins will get better as the season goes on.

Also, Demarco missed practice today so you may want to wait and see if you can bait him if Demarco is out.

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 21, 2017

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

RisqueBarber posted:

Honestly, I would hold tight if you're 2-0 or 1-1 and scoring decent points. You have great depth at both positions and I think Sammy Watkins will get better as the season goes on.

Also, Demarco missed practice today so you may want to wait and see if you can bait him if Demarco is out.

I'm 2-0. You're probably right, and I can probably fill WR2 with someone off my bench or off waivers as the season goes on. I'd be kicking myself if Henry gets the job somehow and then one of my guys gets hurt. I may try to float something if Murray is really out though. Appreciate the input! :)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Dude is considering this...

My:

Kareem Hunt
Devante Parker

For

LeVeon Bell
Doug Baldwin

He's 0-2. I reallly don't want to get rid of Hunt with my trio of Murray&Henry, Lynch, and Khunt.

Tried selling the Tennessee backfield, but he doesn't want any less than Khunt for Bell. This could be the perfect buy low time ever for Baldwin too. Pair him with my other underwhelming AJ Green.

I feel this is obviously a mash.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I kind of need lovely WR prospects more than lovely RB prospects. Do y'all think Funchess worth a roster spot over Prosise? 1 PPR.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

headcase posted:

I kind of need lovely WR prospects more than lovely RB prospects. Do y'all think Funchess worth a roster spot over Prosise? 1 PPR.

Yes. There's some hot takes going around that Funchess could go off this Sunday.

89 posted:

Dude is considering this...

My:

Kareem Hunt
Devante Parker

For

LeVeon Bell
Doug Baldwin

He's 0-2. I reallly don't want to get rid of Hunt with my trio of Murray&Henry, Lynch, and Khunt.

Tried selling the Tennessee backfield, but he doesn't want any less than Khunt for Bell. This could be the perfect buy low time ever for Baldwin too. Pair him with my other underwhelming AJ Green.

I feel this is obviously a mash.

Mash

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Is it worth keeping Thomas Rawls? I picked him up from waivers after week one but I'm thinking of dropping him for any free agent of value.

Most valuable guys I see are Moncrief, Funchess, Higgins, and Greg Olsen as a stash.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

schweens posted:

Is it worth keeping Thomas Rawls? I picked him up from waivers after week one but I'm thinking of dropping him for any free agent of value.

Most valuable guys I see are Moncrief, Funchess, Higgins, and Greg Olsen as a stash.

Higgins. Keep an eye on Rawls though, there's talk that the Seahawks were only easing him back last week and could come back to be the RB1.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Even better! He counter offered:

My Kareem Hunt & Tarik Cohen

For his

LeVeon Bell & Doug Baldwin

I mashed

0 PPR, 12 man

89 fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 21, 2017

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

RisqueBarber posted:

Higgins. Keep an eye on Rawls though, there's talk that the Seahawks were only easing him back last week and could come back to be the RB1.

I think I'll hold onto Rawls for now then. RB will be a bigger issue for me going forward and adding another RB1 would be huge. I currently have Murray/Henry, Gore, Hyde, and Kamara along with Rawls. My situation isn't dire but I worry about Gore and Hyde since they play for lovely teams

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Rawls was kind of lovely last year, and Carson has looked really good. Rawls isn't an auto-drop, but I don't think he's going to be worth starting anytime soon.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RisqueBarber posted:

Nope

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Got offered a trade:

His: Mariota

for

My: TY Hilton.

My other WR: Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Martavis Bryant, Willie Snead

My league is 1PPR 6 PaTD and has a QB-hoarding problem. I currently have Brees with a week 5 bye coming up, the most promising QBs on the wire are Cutler and Bradford.

Should I take this?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Cotton Candidasis posted:

Got offered a trade:

for

My league is 1PPR 6 PaTD and has a QB-hoarding problem. I currently have Brees with a week 5 bye coming up, the most promising QBs on the wire are Cutler and Bradford.

Should I take this?

I wouldn't take this. If Brees gets injured you can look to make a move. Otherwise, just grab someone off the WW to cover his bye. Mariota has almost no practical value for you.

Hilton is a stud with Luck at QB. If you're dying to make a move, you could look to package a couple of your WRs for a upgrade. Don't move a WR coming off a 1400 yard season for a QB to cover a bye.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 21, 2017

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Higgins worth dropping Agholor for? Other WRs are Brown, Allen, Pryor, Hilton.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Got offered a trade:

for

Should I take this?

Vikings play Bears week 5. If Bradford is healthy, he'll be a good streaming target for you.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

il serpente cosmico posted:

I wouldn't take this. If Brees gets injured you can look to make a move. Otherwise, just grab someone off the WW to cover his bye. Mariota has almost no practical value for you.

Hilton is a stud with Luck at QB. If you're dying to make a move, you could look to package a couple of your WRs for a upgrade. Don't move a WR coming off a 1400 yard season for a QB to cover a bye.

Leperflesh posted:

Vikings play Bears week 5. If Bradford is healthy, he'll be a good streaming target for you.

Ok, this makes good sense. Thank you both.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Zerilan posted:

Higgins worth dropping Agholor for? Other WRs are Brown, Allen, Pryor, Hilton.

No

Got offered a trade:

for

Should I take this?

No reason to trade a WR1 for a bye week filler.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Got offered a trade:

for

Should I take this?

Quick posting to say this is a terrible trade and that QBs are not worth giving anything up for unless you have to start 2 of them or you have a player you will never start.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

il serpente cosmico posted:

Rawls was kind of lovely last year, and Carson has looked really good. Rawls isn't an auto-drop, but I don't think he's going to be worth starting anytime soon.

I dropped Rawls for Rashard Higgins even though my top 4 WRs are Cooper, Julio, Allen, and Diggs. Maybe I should have dropped Powell instead, but ultimately you're looking at players with a ton of uncertainty who likely need a injury to be a starter. The real problem is that Seattle's line is poo poo.

Someone dropped Rob Kelley so I'm going to put in a waiver claim that dumps Powell. I doubt I'll get it but it's worth a shot.

EDIT: Thoughts on dropping Powell for Alex Collins?

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 22, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Butter Hole posted:

My team:

RBs:
J Howard
CJ Anderson
Tarik Cohen
Derrick Henry
Doug Martin

WR:
Mike Evans
Sammy Watkins
Tyrell Williams
Corey Davis
Paul Richardson
Golladay

I would package up Howard and Cohen for an upgrade if I could. I would not give up Henry or Martin. At the very least if you can move Howard do so.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God dammit this guy that I've discussed a Dez/Ingram for AJ/Martin swap is second-guessing it.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
Fat Rob cleared waivers in my league this week. Is he worth picking up? If so, who to drop?

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Keenan Allen
RB: Le'Veon Bell
RB: Kareem Hunt
TE: Jordan Reed
Flex: CJ Anderson

Bench:
Adam Thielen
Jamison Crowder
Kenny Golladay
Jason Witten
Isaiah Crowell
Alvin Kamara

10 teams, 0.5 PPR

I kind of like my mix now, top talent, decent depth, and a couple of lottery ticket type guys.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I like all those guys more than Kelley

Even with 2 tight ends

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'd drop Witten, but it isn't a huge deal

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

the_american_dream posted:

I like all those guys more than Kelley

Even with 2 tight ends

RVProfootballer posted:

I'd drop Witten, but it isn't a huge deal
Witten is my backup for week 5 (WAS bye) and in case Reed gets dinged up again. Our league hoards TEs for some reason. The next best guy on the wire any given week is like Jesse James or Jared Cook. Think I'll pass on Rob for now.

Thanks for the advice.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Butter Hole posted:

I could probably move CJA and survive until Martin comes back but that feels risky, especially if Bradford is really hurt.

Hopefully Watkins doesn't have a concussion

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

RisqueBarber posted:

Hopefully Watkins doesn't have a concussion

I hope he's ok. He's got a long time to recover before next game though.

Feeling pretty good about standing pat right now!

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Butter Hole posted:

I hope he's ok. He's got a long time to recover before next game though.

Feeling pretty good about standing pat right now!

Same. I started Gurley and Watkins in my $300 league and start the weekend up 61 points.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Garcon sure did wonders for my bench last night.

With Demaryius Thomas upgraded to full, any thoughts on the flip of a coin on whether he or Emmanual Sanders will have a better week?

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 22, 2017

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

thrawn527 posted:

Garcon sure did wonders for my bench last night.

With Demaryius Thomas upgraded to full, any thoughts on the flip of a coin on whether he or Emmanual Sanders will have a better week?

Sanders. Who is great.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Matt Zerella posted:

Sanders. Who is great.

Yeah, he's who I have in there now. That week one, though.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

pubic works project posted:

God dammit this guy that I've discussed a Dez/Ingram for AJ/Martin swap is second-guessing it.

Okay so he doesn't want to do the trade this week. Wants to wait until Tuesday and if AJ blows up he'll do Keenan or Tyreek instead of AJ. So I give Dez Bryant & Mark Ingram and I get Keenan/Tyreek and Doug Martin.

Should I do this trade if AJ is off the table?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm ridiculously high on Corey Davis this year even though he's hurt right now and none of you can change my thought on that.

With that in mind, who should I drop for him between Donte Moncrief, Jermaine Kearse, and Andrew Luck. I want to sit on the Luck/Moncreif combo for when they get healthy in a few weeks so I guess Jermaine Kearse? I watched the Jets this year and they seem to feature him a lot though...

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Okay so he doesn't want to do the trade this week. Wants to wait until Tuesday and if AJ blows up he'll do Keenan or Tyreek instead of AJ. So I give Dez Bryant & Mark Ingram and I get Keenan/Tyreek and Doug Martin.

Should I do this trade if AJ is off the table?

Yes

Doltos posted:

I'm ridiculously high on Corey Davis this year even though he's hurt right now and none of you can change my thought on that.

With that in mind, who should I drop for him between Donte Moncrief, Jermaine Kearse, and Andrew Luck. I want to sit on the Luck/Moncreif combo for when they get healthy in a few weeks so I guess Jermaine Kearse? I watched the Jets this year and they seem to feature him a lot though...

I'd drop Moncrief.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Got a question about a proposed trade.

My team:

Starters:
Matt Ryan, Atl QB
Devonta Freeman, Atl RB
DeMarco Murray, Ten RB
Michael Crabtree, Oak WR
Davante Adams, GB WR
Delanie Walker, Ten TE
Jamison Crowder, Wsh WR
Packers D/ST
Chris Boswell, Pit K

Bench:
PLAYER, TEAM POS
Paul Perkins, NYG RB
Jack Doyle, Ind TE
Eric Ebron, Det TE
Thomas Rawls, Sea RB
Charles Sims, TB RB
Adrian Peterson, NO RB
Rob Kelley, Wsh RB

Charles Sims is on the block to get dropped to hopefully get Devin Funchess off of waivers tomorrow.

The trade:

I receive -

Brandon Marshall, NYG WR
Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

I give up -
Davante Adams, GB WR
Paul Perkins, NYG RB

thoughts? I leaning towards no, because Adams had a great game last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Wonderllama posted:

Got a question about a proposed trade.

My team:

Starters:
Matt Ryan, Atl QB
Devonta Freeman, Atl RB
DeMarco Murray, Ten RB
Michael Crabtree, Oak WR
Davante Adams, GB WR
Delanie Walker, Ten TE
Jamison Crowder, Wsh WR
Packers D/ST
Chris Boswell, Pit K

Bench:
PLAYER, TEAM POS
Paul Perkins, NYG RB
Jack Doyle, Ind TE
Eric Ebron, Det TE
Thomas Rawls, Sea RB
Charles Sims, TB RB
Adrian Peterson, NO RB
Rob Kelley, Wsh RB

Charles Sims is on the block to get dropped to hopefully get Devin Funchess off of waivers tomorrow.

The trade:

I receive -

Brandon Marshall, NYG WR
Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

I give up -
Davante Adams, GB WR
Paul Perkins, NYG RB

thoughts? I leaning towards no, because Adams had a great game last week.

No because you're getting back Brandon Marshall.

• Locked thread