Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Wonderllama posted:

Got a question about a proposed trade.

My team:

Starters:
Matt Ryan, Atl QB
Devonta Freeman, Atl RB
DeMarco Murray, Ten RB
Michael Crabtree, Oak WR
Davante Adams, GB WR
Delanie Walker, Ten TE
Jamison Crowder, Wsh WR
Packers D/ST
Chris Boswell, Pit K

Bench:
PLAYER, TEAM POS
Paul Perkins, NYG RB
Jack Doyle, Ind TE
Eric Ebron, Det TE
Thomas Rawls, Sea RB
Charles Sims, TB RB
Adrian Peterson, NO RB
Rob Kelley, Wsh RB

Charles Sims is on the block to get dropped to hopefully get Devin Funchess off of waivers tomorrow.

The trade:

I receive -

Brandon Marshall, NYG WR
Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

I give up -
Davante Adams, GB WR
Paul Perkins, NYG RB

thoughts? I leaning towards no, because Adams had a great game last week.

Yikes, that roster. Who else is on the wire? I want to drop half (e: all?) of your bench.

That is a very bad trade for you. Brandon Marshall is cooked. Bernard and Perkins are both trash. Davante Adams is the only good player in that deal.

e: To be fair to Gio he's been alright with his limited touches. I'd rather have him than Perkins, but that's a marginal upgrade and nowhere near the chasm between Adams and Marshall.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

pubic works project posted:

No because you're getting back Brandon Marshall.

This was my first thought exactly.

Edit: I also agree that you have a problem with your bench. That might be the worst bench I've seen out of the hundreds of teams posted this year. Who's available on the wire?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
All the bench is autodraft, and it was worse, I've been hitting the FA/Wire. Is it time to give up on AP?

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

DT or Brandin Cooks ROS in standard? Seems like a coinflip--floor versus ceiling, respectively (although he hasn't shown the ceiling yet this year)

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Mr Gentleman posted:

DT or Brandin Cooks ROS in standard? Seems like a coinflip--floor versus ceiling, respectively (although he hasn't shown the ceiling yet this year)

Cooks imo

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd say Cooks.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Wonderllama posted:

All the bench is autodraft, and it was worse, I've been hitting the FA/Wire. Is it time to give up on AP?

Eh, I'm in the same boat with AP and I'm not ready to toss him off the ship yet. It was obvious from the onset he wouldn't fit the Saints scheme between the twenties.

I still think AP will be given the chance to salt games in the same way Hightower has been used in the past, but I'm not sure we'll see much out of him until the offense gets it's tackles and Snead back. Also, it's not that unusual for Ingram to miss time due to his running style (AP is a risk there too due to age obviously).

I like his opportunity and upside moreso than a random RB flyer or bit player WR off the wire. I'd look to hold for another couple of weeks, Saints play preseason ball in September every year.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

[quote="“RCarr”" post="“476651081”"]

Edit: I also agree that you have a problem with your bench. That might be the worst bench I’ve seen out of the hundreds of teams posted this year. Who’s available on the wire?
[/quote]

Yeah that's an awful trade, Marshall is close to droppable at this point?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Wonderllama posted:

Got a question about a proposed trade.

My team:

Starters:
Matt Ryan, Atl QB
Devonta Freeman, Atl RB
DeMarco Murray, Ten RB
Michael Crabtree, Oak WR
Davante Adams, GB WR
Delanie Walker, Ten TE
Jamison Crowder, Wsh WR
Packers D/ST
Chris Boswell, Pit K

Bench:
PLAYER, TEAM POS
Paul Perkins, NYG RB
Jack Doyle, Ind TE
Eric Ebron, Det TE
Thomas Rawls, Sea RB
Charles Sims, TB RB
Adrian Peterson, NO RB
Rob Kelley, Wsh RB

Charles Sims is on the block to get dropped to hopefully get Devin Funchess off of waivers tomorrow.

The trade:

I receive -

Brandon Marshall, NYG WR
Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

I give up -
Davante Adams, GB WR
Paul Perkins, NYG RB

thoughts? I leaning towards no, because Adams had a great game last week.

You're giving up a WR2 with upside and a roster clogger for a dead WR on a poo poo offense and a pass catching back who will be lucky if he's in a committee. Abort. Focus instead in seeing if you can't move DeMarco Murray before he turns into a pumpkin.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You're giving up a WR2 with upside and a roster clogger for a dead WR on a poo poo offense and a pass catching back who will be lucky if he's in a committee. Abort. Focus instead in seeing if you can't move DeMarco Murray before he turns into a pumpkin.

I second this advice. Nows the time to try and move Murray, especially if you need that much help.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

RCarr posted:

Edit: I also agree that you have a problem with your bench. That might be the worst bench I've seen out of the hundreds of teams posted this year. Who's available on the wire?

you think that bench is bad?

feast on this:

J. Mixon
JJ Nelson
Higgins
Seattle D (streaming Miami this week)
Rawls
Foreman

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

TommyGun85 posted:

feast on this:

J. Mixon
JJ Nelson
Higgins
Rawls
Foreman

I would rather have this bench.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TommyGun85 posted:

feast on this:

J. Mixon
JJ Nelson
Higgins
Rawls
Foreman

This bench is better.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
A good bench should have lottery ticket RBs and reliable backup WRs. The lottery ticket RBs are for trading, starting when your lovely RB picks that you grabbed late because you went WR WR WR get hurt or benched, or cutting for your streaming QB/Defense/TE.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Doltos posted:

A good bench should have lottery ticket RBs and reliable backup WRs. The lottery ticket RBs are for trading, starting when your lovely RB picks that you grabbed late because you went WR WR WR get hurt or benched, or cutting for your streaming QB/Defense/TE.

My lovely rbs and lottery tickets are all garbage lmao gently caress

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What could have been, Diggs.

Bradford out and sounds like it may be a long time.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/911273894354571264

Dial down your Thielen and Diggs shares this week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bradford is getting a second opinion from Dr. Andrews, he's done.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Eifert's out this week too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In a .5 PPR

I give

DeAndre Hopkins
Mike Gillislie

I get

Mike Evans

my team

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

In a .5 PPR

I give

DeAndre Hopkins
Mike Gillislie

I get

Mike Evans

my team

Yeah I'd do that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I would say mash, but your rb bench is nonexistent. what ww rb can you get?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

While that is true you can see that I only need to start one running back at a time. It's also PPR so our receivers score pretty high.

I sent the trade and if I was the guy I'd turn it down. He really wants Hopkins though and his only starting RB right now is Tarik Cohen. This is a huge league, nobody has a strong bench of running backs.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kiimo posted:

While that is true you can see that I only need to start one running back at a time. It's also PPR so our receivers score pretty high.

I sent the trade and if I was the guy I'd turn it down. He really wants Hopkins though and his only starting RB right now is Tarik Cohen. This is a huge league, nobody has a strong bench of running backs.

Oh you sent it? I doubt he accepts. But good luck!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sweeper posted:

My lovely rbs and lottery tickets are all garbage lmao gently caress

There's still like five lottery ticket RBs on my waiver wire in a 14 person league post your waiver wire!!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My LBs in my 4 player add a week main league. Start 2.

Week 1:
Jerrell Freeman - goes to IR
Kwon Alexander - hurricane
Reuben Foster - goes to IR

Week 2:
BJ Goodson - gets mysterious injury 2 days before game, misses it
Kwon Alexander - tweaks hamstring, out after 17 snaps
Jarrad Davis - Out after concussion from OBJ

Week 3:
Goodson - out
Davis - out

Wtf man

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

Jarrad Davis - Out after concussion from OBJ

Probably not the right thread, but that was a cheap shot by OBJ

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So do we think Buck Allen keeps rolling this week? Or could West's bitching get him more play? My other option is Tarik Cohen, in full PPR.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

So do we think Buck Allen keeps rolling this week? Or could West's bitching get him more play? My other option is Tarik Cohen, in full PPR.

I didn't even think West was going to end up playing with his injury this week.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Alfalfa posted:

I didn't even think West was going to end up playing with his injury this week.

West was practicing Friday it's looking like he may play. Allen, West and Collins may be getting touches in this game.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

axelord posted:

West was practicing Friday it's looking like he may play. Allen, West and Collins may be getting touches in this game.

Well crap... Guess I need roster help this week then.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

thrawn527 posted:

West is coming back this week but will probably lose touches to Buck. I still don't think Buck Allen is that good but he's still a more reliable PPR option that Cohen probably maybe.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
And now Kwon Alexander is out and I'm out of moves.

I quit.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

89 posted:

And now Kwon Alexander is out and I'm out of moves.

I quit.

I feel ya'. I had those guys too, but no move limit, so I've been able to scrape by.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A move limit sounds like a great way to really make fantasy football a miserable experience.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RCarr posted:

A move limit sounds like a great way to really make fantasy football a miserable experience.

I have it in my league and I like it. No waiver wire + move limit makes things interesting when players go down. Also it stops people from streaming.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RisqueBarber posted:

I have it in my league and I like it. No waiver wire + move limit makes things interesting when players go down. Also it stops people from streaming.

That sounds terrible. Limiting people's ability to be competitive in a brutal gladiator sport seems designed to help bad players and punish good players.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Move limits should only be imposed in fantasy baseball to stop pitching streaming from going out of control in H2H

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doltos posted:

Move limits should only be imposed in fantasy baseball to stop pitching streaming from going out of control in H2H

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Should I try and trade for Derrick Henry? Currently 2-0, 10 team standard league.

My guys:
RB: Freeman, Murray, Gillislee, Gore, Abdullah, Coleman
WR: Cooper, Allen, Fitzgerald, Hogan
TE: Ertz

His guys:
RB: Miller, Henry, Martin, Sims
WR: Brown, Hill, Decker, Tyrell Williams, Cobb, Terrance Williams
TE: Fleener, Witten

I feel pretty drat confident in my team, but man it'd be nice to have that Demarco Murray insurance policy.

• Locked thread