Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

You: *mutes in-game music*
Me, an intellectual:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS7Ibei1diw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Cassia and Zeratul on sale next week.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
If you mute the in-game music you're removing literally the best part of the game and are objectively playing it wrong.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

MisterZimbu posted:

If you mute the in-game music you're removing literally the best part of the game and are objectively playing it wrong.

Who would mute the music? This isn't WoW!

I feel the same way about Overwatch, sometimes I'll see people post POTGs without any music and I don't know how people can play like that

I would like to have this theme (the best one in the game) extended and playing throughout entire matches. Gimme a battleground jukebox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrQGi-WeNr8

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
How liberal is Blizz in handing out bans/suspensions? Curious if that DVA that AFK'ed for half the game and purposefully fed for the other half in ranked is going to get what's coming to her.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
No one knows besides them announcing a ban wave on occasion. It's probably safe to bet that not much happens though.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

PantsBandit posted:

How liberal is Blizz in handing out bans/suspensions? Curious if that DVA that AFK'ed for half the game and purposefully fed for the other half in ranked is going to get what's coming to her.

They just banned a bunch of people for AFK and specifically said it was people who were clearly non-contributing (stats, not just reports) in the "majority of their games". Which either means over 50% of their games or could mean significantly more, but your run of the mill ragequitter is certainly not in any danger.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

It takes almost no effort to report them, and not much more to ask your team to report them too. Might as well!

Every now and then I see silenced people. I may not see the results of my own reports, but I get to see the results of others' :unsmith:

e: Some reports make me laugh. Just lol at my team's ETC this morning, on BHB, who kept dying 1v3 or 2v4 at turn-in, raging at me and saying "report Illidan AFK toplane". I mean I didn't get MVP or anything but our winning was much easier with all the camps de-pushing and me Hunting in when it actually mattered.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 22, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

No Wave posted:

Cassia and Zeratul on sale next week.

Nice, I was about to buy her with coins, but now I can save them to buy Kel'Thuzad when his price drops.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

PantsBandit posted:

Quite liberal, actually. It takes a bit for them to act, but once you're on the poo poo list you'll find yourself suffering increasingly harsher punishment until they eventually get tired of dealing with your poo poo and ban you.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Shadowlyger posted:

Quite liberal, actually. It takes a bit for them to act, but once you're on the poo poo list you'll find yourself suffering increasingly harsher punishment until they eventually get tired of dealing with your poo poo and ban you.

I don't know man, I feel like at least half of my games have someone with a 500+ account level who immediately calls someone a friend of the family or something within the first minute of the match and doesn't stop. There's no way they're not eating reports every game, but they've made it this far without a silence.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Kel'T does seem to ride or die on how quickly the quest gets done. I appreciate that his kit provides fun micro minigames, but it seems like I'm working harder, to do less, than other mages like Kael.

Thanks for posting the combo last page, I'll really focus on the double chain.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Speaking of, I feel like maybe too many heroes have quests that snowball if their team is doing well. Mobas already punish you hard if you get one or two levels behind, combine that with the fact that a tracer or butcher on a team that wins early teamfights quickly become unmanageable and it just exacerbates things. The inverse is also true. If your tracer takes her quest and you're team starts falling behind she's going to end up being useless.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Kel'T does seem to ride or die on how quickly the quest gets done. I appreciate that his kit provides fun micro minigames, but it seems like I'm working harder, to do less, than other mages like Kael.

Thanks for posting the combo last page, I'll really focus on the double chain.

You need to land the chain in order to enable your combo but it's often easier/better to just get one person and chain them to a wall/spike/building than to try for the double chain. It's much easier to hit one guy and then combo + chain them to a wall than to try and hit a 2nd moving target while doing your combo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I tried out Valeera for the first time today. She's fun but it's really hard to get used to keeping track of her vanish cooldown. It's very easy to get yourself in a position where you expose yourself and are blown up from being focused before your vanish is off cooldown. I also still need to learn the best abilities to use at the right times, beyond simply just stunning out of stealth. I also haven't really figured out how to be super effective in team fights yet since you're so squishy. But it's super fun how fast you can bring a hero down who doesn't anticipate you.

Also I thought I could kill an Abathur who was cacooning behind a gate right next to the tower and get out of there before being killed and well. Let's just say I didn't :v:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I tried out Valeera for the first time today. She's fun but it's really hard to get used to keeping track of her vanish cooldown. It's very easy to get yourself in a position where you expose yourself and are blown up from being focused before your vanish is off cooldown. I also still need to learn the best abilities to use at the right times, beyond simply just stunning out of stealth. I also haven't really figured out how to be super effective in team fights yet since you're so squishy. But it's super fun how fast you can bring a hero down who doesn't anticipate you.

Also I thought I could kill an Abathur who was cacooning behind a gate right next to the tower and get out of there before being killed and well. Let's just say I didn't :v:

Valeera is best utilized on the outside edge of teamfights. Get close to a squishy in the backline and burst them down with a stun, followed by blade flurry and sinister strike to build up combo points, then finish off with eviscerate. If the other team has a lot of hard cc, you're going to have a rough time, but if they don't then she's nearly impossible to kill. Sinister strike has a low cooldown (literally 1 second if you just used it for damage) and can let you disengage while you wait for vanish to come back.

Also, remember that, while invisible, valeera has a buff to movement speed. Enemies attempting to flee will often think they've gotten off scot-free, only to be run down and burst out by an invisible valeera.

She's a lot of fun, but you have to know how to pick your battles.

Oh, in addition, if you're sticking around a teamfight be sure to go back into stealth whenever possible. Valeera's abilities while in stealth are much stronger than those out of it, so you want to make sure you're getting those off as often as possible.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 22, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Macaluso posted:

I think she still has a bug where towers keep shooting at you even after you vanish. Very irritating.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

No Wave posted:

I think she still has a bug where towers keep shooting at you even after you vanish. Very irritating.

They just want to bring you the true WoW experience.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Played earlier today with a duo that queued as valeera and nova. It was horrible.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Those have been some of my best QM games. Relax and macro while they kill everyone together. I was on GoT last time and I think they had 20 and 10 kills and ~35 elims each. (My mmr is low)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Nova and Valeera together really shouldn't work unless the other team isn't paying any attention. As soon as teamfighting starts that team is going to lose because they'll have no ability to deal with the tanks. A decent Sonya or Diablo would eat that team alive.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Shadowlyger posted:

That's at least not the case for Overwatch. Look at what it took for this guys account to get suspended.

quote:

Posted by Ceaya
"After analysis of the evidence, we have Suspended your Overwatch account".

What analysis? What evidence???

I was just playing Torb setting up turrets and chilling and bam... banned. I can't even log into the game.

Time to find a new game to play I guess. Or back to Team Fortress 2 rip.

Jeff Kaplan posted:

We checked the IP address of the account you posted from and found a suspended account.

That account has a total of 2247 complaints filed against it -- making it one of the worst offending accounts we've seen. The account has also been silenced for a total of 9216 hours. There are 3 gameplay suspensions on the account as well as 7 silences against this account (these are for abusive chat and/or spam). There is also a manual GM account suspension for "massive griefing" levied.

So I'm not sure if that's the account you're referring to or not, but someone from your IP has been a less-than-ideal OW citizen.

If that's not your account, please let us know what the BattleTag is and I'm happy to look into it further. The last thing we want is good, upstanding members of the community being punished unfairly.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

please no

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

K'Thuzad?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

PantsBandit posted:

Nova and Valeera together really shouldn't work unless the other team isn't paying any attention. As soon as teamfighting starts that team is going to lose because they'll have no ability to deal with the tanks. A decent Sonya or Diablo would eat that team alive.

Yeah we got utterly smashed.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

What heroes do you think will work well with Ana nanoboost, aside from the already mentioned suspects of Medivh, KT, KTZ, Li Ming, Genji (even though this one is a bug), and I'm sure I'm forgetting some more.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Yukari posted:

What heroes do you think will work well with Ana nanoboost, aside from the already mentioned suspects of Medivh, KT, KTZ, Li Ming, Genji (even though this one is a bug), and I'm sure I'm forgetting some more.

Greymane :getin:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

inky murky

i dont think greymane will be a good nano target, most of his damage is AA

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Can you nano boost a Rag on a keep?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Polio Vax Scene posted:

inky murky

i dont think greymane will be a good nano target, most of his damage is AA

Wouldn't his ult do more damage? In the right situation he could use his ult on everyone in a teamfight a bit easier than if he wasn't nano'd

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Wouldn't his ult do more damage? In the right situation he could use his ult on everyone in a teamfight a bit easier than if he wasn't nano'd

Nanoboost doesn't affect heroics

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

Ah well then. Murky it is

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Gobbeldygook posted:

That's at least not the case for Overwatch. Look at what it took for this guys account to get suspended.

I love it when senior leadership people at Blizzard just incinerate people who complain about suspensions. It's some of the best karmic justice available anywhere.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Yukari posted:

Genji will probably be bad once they fix the heroic interaction.

Guldan, Naz, Cassia, Murky as already mentioned

Some that might be incredible but I'm not sure on:
Valla, Kerrigan, Illidan, Alarak, Zag

bamhand fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 22, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hey hope you had fun in QM the last few weeks because Butcher's back up to 58% win rate after he was buffed. I guess you're not allowed to play QM without being punished all the time.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

PantsBandit posted:

The spell power does

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

:getout:

No Wave posted:

Hey hope you had fun in QM the last few weeks because Butcher's back up to 58% win rate after he was buffed. I guess you're not allowed to play QM without being punished all the time.

Play unranked draft.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

cuedotcom posted:

Play unranked draft.
I only enjoy playing 40% of the roles in the game (Li Ming, Lunara, Valla types - ones that are quite easy to play but feel skillful). 40% of the time I have to Tank or Supp, which is aggravating when I came here to poke.

I don't mind unbalanced QM games, I just hate the Butcher because he makes you hate your teammates whether it's because he's getting meat off of them early game or healing to full off of them late game.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 22, 2017

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

how can you enjoy 40% of the roles when there are only 4 roles :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
I'd imagine Cho'Gall would make a decent nano target, but that should be obvious.