Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It's just called tea, hotness is the default so if you want some other deviant poo poo then you need to specify but tea is just tea.

loving colonials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
In-mouth brewing next gen brewing tech from hack lyfe

Eat the tea

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

sebzilla posted:

It's just called tea, hotness is the default so if you want some other deviant poo poo then you need to specify but tea is just tea.

loving colonials.

You know why Captain Picard always specifies his tea should be hot from the replicators? Because he's loving French so he doesn't understand it's the default.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sebzilla posted:

loving colonials.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

sebzilla posted:

loving colonials.

This, Seb hit it right on the head.

How do you yanks even drink tea wrong?

It's not enough that you do mustard wrong what with that ridiculous squeeze bottle and that godawful taste...

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

I applaud this effort to turn the oceans themselves into tea, the most correct course of action.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Fil5000 posted:

You know why Captain Picard always specifies his tea should be hot from the replicators? Because he's loving French so he doesn't understand it's the default.

Replicator was built by space Americans so he's just being careful it doesn't give him a teabag in a bowl of tepid water or something.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Randaconda posted:

All tea is gross, anyway.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iced tea is quite nice. :colbert:

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

sebzilla posted:

Replicator was built by space Americans so he's just being careful it doesn't give him a teabag in a bowl of tepid water or something.

Or loving sweet tea.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

plainswalker75 posted:

Or loving sweet tea.

Am American, can confirm that sweet tea is a bane on our planet. Everywhere I go, I gotta specify not sweetened or I get a cup of tea flavored syrup.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Sociopastry posted:

Am American, can confirm that sweet tea is a bane on our planet. Everywhere I go, I gotta specify not sweetened or I get a cup of tea flavored syrup.

I am also an American. and think sweet tea and sun tea are just nasty.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Sweet tea is great, just like don't drink it all the time?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sweet tea is great.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Them sweet teas give you the diabeteas

Serf
May 5, 2011

Growing up in the deep south, I don't think I learned that hot tea was a thing until I was in college.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nobody's is drinking hot tea when it's 98 outside.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Neither tea nor coffee has any business being served at a temperature any less than could be described as "tongue-blistering."

See also: "no I don't want loving whipped cream on my espresso, what the gently caress is wrong with you?" and "loving PUMPKIN SPICE!!!" :argh:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Randaconda posted:

No one should live in the South either

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

:smith:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Iron Crowned posted:

I say that as a former NC and Georgia resident.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

yo everyone stop posting for a second while I finish updating tea opinions.xlsx

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Randaconda posted:

I mean, they drink it hot in India, so maybe you just need to cowboy up.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Magnus Praeda posted:

Neither tea nor coffee has any business being served at a temperature any less than could be described as "tongue-blistering."

See also: "no I don't want loving whipped cream on my espresso, what the gently caress is wrong with you?" and "loving PUMPKIN SPICE!!!" :argh:
I put cinnamon & nutmeg in my coffee grinder with the beans

it's loving awesome

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Yawgmoth posted:

I put cinnamon & nutmeg in my coffee grinder with the beans

it's loving awesome

That's acceptable. Cinnamon and nutmeg are awesome flavors and go very well with coffee. It's the generic and artificial-tasting "pumpkin spice" flavor that I think tastes vile.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Magnus Praeda posted:

:wrong: green and white tea are brewed at sub-boiling temps

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Randaconda posted:

Nonsense.

Scalding hot Tea is the most refreshing in warm weather.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Elizabethan Error posted:

:wrong: green and white tea are brewed at sub-boiling temps

I know. but sub-boiling doesn't mean not tongue-blistering, though. It's still 160º-180º F depending on the tea.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Magnus Praeda posted:

I know. but sub-boiling doesn't mean not tongue-blistering, though. It's still 160º-180º F depending on the tea.

Your tongue is a pussy. 160F is the temperature of a piece of cooked chicken.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

SiKboy posted:

I mean, they drink it hot in India, so maybe you just need to cowboy up.

I was in my 20s I lived in a college group house with a bunch of other kids and a 50 something-year-old Indian dude. He had responded to a "roommate wanted" ad and we figured he would be reliable rent-payer. In any case, he must've been some from some magical part of India without humidity, all he did when he got home from his teaching job was sit around in his underwear and complain about how muggy it was. We turned him on to sweet tea and he made that poo poo with enough sugar to make a southern grandma blush.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Randaconda posted:

Sweet tea is great.

I am sorry about your broken taste buds and about how wrong you are about tea in general.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rooibos.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Magnus Praeda posted:

that's why you can blow on your tea prior to drinking, sorry about your babby tongue

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Elizabethan Error posted:

that's why you can blow on your tea prior to drinking, sorry about your babby tongue

Yes, I can and do. But the key is that it's served hot. I'm not complaining about the heat, I'm advocating for it!

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016
Wow, all this tea chat's really gotten me in the mood to make some meadow tea.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

betamax hipster posted:

Wow, all this tea chat's really gotten me in the mood to make some meadow tea.

Just wait until these tea purists hear about Thai iced tea.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

The trick with sweet tea is that it's different from normal iced tea + sugar. Instead of just dumping all the sugar into it right before drinking, they make it by adding the sugar when the water is at a full boil. This to raises the absorption point of the water, and lets it hold more sugar without recrystallization later after it cools. The reason they make it like this is because normal iced tea used to be only for rich plantation owners, being served over ice in a period before refrigeration. Sweet tea was therefore even more exorbitant, as you were putting in as much sugar, another valuable commodity, as you possibly could.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

bongwizzard posted:

I was in my 20s I lived in a college group house with a bunch of other kids and a 50 something-year-old Indian dude. He had responded to a "roommate wanted" ad and we figured he would be reliable rent-payer. In any case, he must've been some from some magical part of India without humidity, all he did when he got home from his teaching job was sit around in his underwear and complain about how muggy it was. We turned him on to sweet tea and he made that poo poo with enough sugar to make a southern grandma blush.

I want this to be a movie so much. But from the 50-something guy's perspective.

tsuki
Aug 30, 2005
Lipstick Apathy
Waffled shirasu? Can't tell if it's pepper or tiny eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tsuki posted:

Waffled shirasu? Can't tell if it's pepper or tiny eyes.

hashbrowns