Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DaveKap posted:

So Golf Story is at TGS right now. Sites are reporting on TGS right now. Nobody is reporting about Golf Story except Game Informer and that's only because it's going to be in their upcoming issue, not because it's at TGS.

What the gently caress is going on with Golf Story!?!?

I.... what? When I saw it in the Nintendo Direct I said to my friend "holy poo poo, I didn't know Rocket League could look so bad."
gently caress am I evoking PC privilege?

Just repeat "portability" to yourself and rock to and fro slowly. The horror of lofi textures and spotty wifi opponents will be exorcised from your mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

golf story? when?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kaubocks posted:

here's some more gameplay footage of gal metal

looks like it's just "swing right joycon for kick", "swing left joycon for snare", and "swing both joycons for cymbal"? :whitewater:

i think this game is gonna be way more casual than initial impressions led me to believe

Yea, I figure since we haven't heard much about Taiko no Tatsujin yet, that the Joy-Cons may not suited to that kind of ultra-demanding high paced accurate performance. I'll probably bite anyway; the artstyle and game in general looks cute enough.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DaveKap posted:

So Golf Story is at TGS right now. Sites are reporting on TGS right now. Nobody is reporting about Golf Story except Game Informer and that's only because it's going to be in their upcoming issue, not because it's at TGS.

What the gently caress is going on with Golf Story!?!?

I.... what? When I saw it in the Nintendo Direct I said to my friend "holy poo poo, I didn't know Rocket League could look so bad."

What was wrong with it to you? I played it on PC for a free weekend and it didn't look noticeably that much worse to me from the Direct footage other than the expected resolution decease.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I for one am very excited to become Tank Mario and unleash carnage upon the world.

https://twitter.com/SuperMario_UK/status/911168203283251202

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

[quote="“overdesigned”" post="“476663390”"]
I for one am very excited to become Tank Mario and unleash carnage upon the world.

[/quote]

OK I'm not watching any more Mario Odyssey clips until I beat the game.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What was that Advance Wars-like game coming out for the Switch? When is that coming out? If I buy it will that convince Nintendo that people want more Advance Wars?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Mario's maybe second to Mickey Mouse in terms of easily recognized fictional characters and has been for years/decades. He hasn't needed to be in his default outfit to be immediately cognizable for a long time.

Mario and Mickey in fact swap back and forth as the most recognizable character in the world with children and the second most. Mario is worth literal billions as an ip

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

What was that Advance Wars-like game coming out for the Switch? When is that coming out? If I buy it will that convince Nintendo that people want more Advance Wars?

wargroove, release date to be determined

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
Just want to thank the person in this thread who made the case for getting a WiiU in addition to the Switch. Did not realise WiiU can also play Wii and Gamecube titles. Between PC, Switch and WiiU I find it hard to fathom I will ever run out of GOOD GAMES.

As my BotW adventure has come to an end I started Metroid Prime. And people complain about Zelda feeling empty! Also jesus christ F-Zero GX is even faster and harder than I remember. Gimme that poo poo remastered with online play on the Switch Nintendo!

KingEup fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 22, 2017

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

DaveKap posted:

Apparently. The pros and folks who have gotten hands-on with it recently have been effusive. That may be over the 60fps rather than the textural quality; certainly, one matters a lot more to the game. But it looks fine to my eyes after 100s of hours of RL on PC at 1080p high settings.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

overdesigned posted:

Of course the first thing Westerners do when they make a Mario game is give him a loving gun

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Of course the first thing Westerners do when they make a Mario game is give him a loving gun

miyamoto wanted to give mario a gun from the beginning :colbert:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

SeANMcBAY posted:

What was wrong with it to you? I played it on PC for a free weekend and it didn't look noticeably that much worse to me from the Direct footage other than the expected resolution decease.
I'm trying to take a screenshot of the Switch version to show the details missing but the video quality of the Nintendo Direct, even at 1080, is so bad that I can't actually get past the video compression issue. Mainly, the grass is bad, there are shaders absent, and the particle effects are toned down greatly. They had to make a lot of concessions to make it hit 60fps and, yes, I would rather it had 60fps than the quality or resolution of what you get on the PC or other consoles, but for some reason my many hours of play on PC makes me see this Switch version and go "ew.."

That said I'd probably pay 20 bucks to get the Metroid car in the PC version.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Wow switch is weaker than a pc who knew holy poo poo

Spellman
May 31, 2011

DaveKap posted:

I'm trying to take a screenshot of the Switch version to show the details missing but the video quality of the Nintendo Direct, even at 1080, is so bad that I can't actually get past the video compression issue. Mainly, the grass is bad, there are shaders absent, and the particle effects are toned down greatly. They had to make a lot of concessions to make it hit 60fps and, yes, I would rather it had 60fps than the quality or resolution of what you get on the PC or other consoles, but for some reason my many hours of play on PC makes me see this Switch version and go "ew.."

That said I'd probably pay 20 bucks to get the Metroid car in the PC version.

You're probably right, but the small Switch screen may make it look better like it does for a lot of games

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

wargroove, release date to be determined
Also, tiny metal is due out in November. It's the less exciting straight up clone.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Of all the games to give a poo poo what it looks like, this loving idiot picks Rocket League.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Darkest Dungeon willl look phenomenal when it moves to its new permanent home on the perfect system, the Nintendo Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KingEup posted:

Just want to thank the person in this thread who made the case for getting a WiiU in addition to the Switch. Did not realise WiiU can also play Wii and Gamecube titles. Between PC, Switch and WiiU I find it hard to fathom I will ever run out of GOOD GAMES.

As my BotW adventure has come to an end I started Metroid Prime. And people complain about Zelda feeling empty! Also jesus christ F-Zero GX is even faster and harder than I remember. Gimme that poo poo remastered with online play on the Switch Nintendo!

You made the right choice. A homebrewed Wii U is magical.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Bill Barber posted:

Of all the games to give a poo poo what it looks like, this loving idiot picks Rocket League.
In my idiotic defense, I was referring to the relativity of the port to the PC version. It still looks fine as a Switch game.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

how loving dare you talk poo poo about the Nintendo Switch.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Ironsolid posted:

Does anyone know if you can share digital games on the switch like you can with XBox One?

Anyone have any idea?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ironsolid posted:

Anyone have any idea?

No, you can't.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

StabMasterArson posted:

how loving dare you talk poo poo about the Nintendo Switch.
https://youtu.be/MzNNTexnZQ0?t=34s

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

SeANMcBAY posted:

No, you can't.

I am not a big fan of the XB1, but that feature is amazing with kids

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ironsolid posted:

Anyone have any idea?

There is no master/slave console setting for switch so you cant do that trick. Ps3 and 4 have it too i guess cause they arent portable so loggin into a buds console might be something you need to do

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Bill Barber posted:

This is what we call a classic overreaction

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Who in the gently caress cares what the grass looks like when you're boosting off the wall at two hundred miles an hour totally tunnel visioned on getting that buzzer beater

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KingSlime posted:

This is what we call a classic overreaction

Nah

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ironsolid posted:

I am not a big fan of the XB1, but that feature is amazing with kids

Yeah, it's great. It's even somewhat possible on PS4 and I believe Steam as well.

Apparently Mario Run is getting a big update on the 29th with a new mode, world and best of all playable Daisy.:eyepop:

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, it's great. It's even somewhat possible on PS4 and I believe Steam as well.

How is it done on the PS4? My son is wanting to get one and mom is caving.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Just saying, the dude elaborated on specifics don't freak out on him in some weird defensive backlash

I personally am going to love RL on switch and won't be bothered by lowered specs but it's still interesting to me to see what compromises were made cuz I don't tie my self esteem to the video game consoles I own 👌👉👍

I hope I can match with steam players then it would truly be the ultimate version of RL!!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

[quote="“Ironsolid”" post="“476668446”"]
How is it done on the PS4? My son is wanting to get one and mom is caving.
[/quote]

I haven't owned a PS4 since 2014 so maybe it's changed but I basically signed into my cousin's account on my console, made my console his account's home and then I was able to download and play his library even on my own account.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

I haven't owned a PS4 since 2014 so maybe it's changed but I basically signed into my cousin's account on my console, made my console his account's home and then I was able to download and play his library even on my own account.

Ahhh, so probably not simultaneously.

We bought one copy of every game we own for the XB1 and play them at the same time.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Give him a gun? Mario IS the gun.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Apparently Mario Run is getting a big update on the 29th with a new mode, world and best of all playable Daisy.:eyepop:

It'll be half of too. I'll give Mario run a detailed look for five bucks

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

[quote="“Ironsolid”" post="“476668581”"]
Ahhh, so probably not simultaneously.

We bought one copy of every game we own for the XB1 and play them at the same time.
[/quote]

Oh no, it was definitely simultaneously. I played Killzone downloaded from his account online with him with no issues at all.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The best thing about Switch is that while Nintendo says ultrawide monitors aren't supported, nearly every game looks amazing on my LG ultrawide. Like, loving awesome. Playing Dig 2 in ultrawide and it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Kickass. I have recently got into this game since it's great to play during 15 minute breaks at work. Hopefully that extra mode is something similar to Rally mode in terms of playing with other people's runs.

• Locked thread