Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

Maybe at 720p30 or 900p30, if you call that a good experience well... enjoy

My leather sofa, home theater audio system, and 60" screen gives a good experience.

Not having to worry about cheaters, or being distracted by windows crashing, or updating, is a good experience.

Sitting at a desk using a computer for 10 hours in an office, and not doing the same thing when I get home is a good experience.

Buying a game to enjoy it, instead of experimenting with gpu drivers to get a few extra FPS is a good experience.

Plus my computer is too old and there arent any PC exclusive killer apps out there to make me want to spend $600 for a new video card, memory, and cpu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

quote:

Hello everyone,

Players have now had their first experience in the Abusement Park (here to stay), and it’s collection of Summer Sideshow Zeds (who have retired for the year). Another aspect of the game that was introduced with the Summer Sideshow was the weekly outbreaks which will continue to run on rotation, changing each week and rotating back in. But “what is next”? We are glad you asked.

As many of you have seen by now the engine team is hard at work to bring the game to new audiences on the Xbox, while the gameplay and content teams have been working towards more Killing Floor fun for all. Today we want to start sweeping back the curtain and give you a taste of what is to come.

We currently have two major content updates planned for the rest of this year bring new maps and weapons, and what’s that? A jolly surprise for the good zed hunters of the world! But more on that later. For the next content update the team is targeting a nightmarish new map and two new weapons - one an old favorite, the other, something new to love.

But that isn’t all. We’ve been seeing the calls for the King Fleshpound to make a return outside of Poundemonium and we are happy to announce the design team is looking into that now and working out how the return of the King (Fleshpound) can be incorporated into the standard rotation of boss events. And he might just bring along his new “pint” sized friends.

To be quite clear, earlier this year we announced we were working towards a brand new boss, and that is still the case. However, it will still be some time before that effort will come to fruition. We hope players will enjoy the new variety at the end game that these two additions will bring.

As we get closer to the next big update we’ll be adding more concrete details about some of these items so stay tuned!

In short, Christmas update confirmed, but two new weapons and a new map are coming out before that happens; they're going to add King Fleshpound into the normal rotation (but reworked) and the Matriarch is still on the way but far from finished.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I hope it's the M32 :pray:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hey, 10 USD for one PC copy. Fresh from the humble bundle. Pm me!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Foreskin Problems posted:

I hope it's the M32 :pray:

Personally I'm hoping it's the Seeker Six rocket launcher, or maybe a version of the Bile Blower that doesn't suck

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Man this weekly gave me the most trouble yet I think. I don't remember shrinky enemies being so hard the first time, but I must have wiped on wave 7 a good 5 or 6 times, then another few dying to the boss in various dumb ways. Finally did it with Support and I found a new appreciation for the Combat and Multi shotty. Being able to keep up near constant fire for 24 shells and still falling back to double barrel for cleanup is pretty great.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Man, I hope they bring back the Husk gun, that thing was the tits. I also like the ZED gun, but I don't know who could use it (the survivor maybe?).

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Firebug Uzi or I riot

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Who cares about weapons, I want The Matriarch as a new two-stage endboss.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Kris xK posted:

Firebug Uzi or I riot

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
west london when

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

Man this weekly gave me the most trouble yet I think. I don't remember shrinky enemies being so hard the first time, but I must have wiped on wave 7 a good 5 or 6 times, then another few dying to the boss in various dumb ways. Finally did it with Support and I found a new appreciation for the Combat and Multi shotty. Being able to keep up near constant fire for 24 shells and still falling back to double barrel for cleanup is pretty great.

I did it solo with a Firebug and it was piss easy. The problem is that the rewards are still bugged in the console version so no hat for me.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I got it with firebug and sharpshooter for the last round, but yeah, had to do it twice. Drops have been kinda screwy lately.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
Anyone pick this up on XBone? I'm wondering what the performance is like (ie, is it 60fps).

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i've been leveling demo and I was looking at the level 25 perks and wondering how much I'm going to gently caress myself later by exploding things in my face in higher difficulties? is self-inflicted damage actually a big problem later on?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

i've been leveling demo and I was looking at the level 25 perks and wondering how much I'm going to gently caress myself later by exploding things in my face in higher difficulties? is self-inflicted damage actually a big problem later on?

At level 25 you're able to negate a lot of the self damage, but not all (I forget the exact amount). You won't be one shotting yourself but you will be taking damage.

It does come into play on later waves depending on your group composition and playstyle. If everyone's running around like maniacs and zeds are coming from all directions you're probably going to have a bad time and damage yourself a lot.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Tsurupettan posted:

It was a problem only on Hell on Earth where you took half damage. They dropped it down to I think just a quarter damage, so the only time you'll kill yourself with explosives is if you're about to die anyways. Your armor is going to get plinked away bit by bit, but the damage is mostly negligible.

Anyways, mad bomber is the best perk for 25 demo right now. They nerfed nuke too hard.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

thanks for the heads up! That doesn't sound enarly as bad as I expected. :)

also i gotta say Medic is way more fun in KF2 than it was in KF1 thanks to the aim assist on the medic dart. god drat is medic fun. it's why I got started on demo in the first place, leveling it up by virtue of picking up the m79

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Tsurupettan posted:

thanks for the heads up! That doesn't sound enarly as bad as I expected. :)

also i gotta say Medic is way more fun in KF2 than it was in KF1 thanks to the aim assist on the medic dart. god drat is medic fun. it's why I got started on demo in the first place, leveling it up by virtue of picking up the m79

I'd recommend trying the combat medic tree (right sight I believe, except for the first perk). It's actually a lot better than most people expect.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So uh

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/1476475566800908943

This gives me Payday 2 flashbacks

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Destiny 2, Overwatch, this... I'm gonna be blind before 2018. :stare:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I mean, they're trying to make the game less stale, but it's a dumb loving idea. The first one stood on its own legs just fine.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
They really just need to focus on getting out some good weapons and maps. That to me keeps the variety alive. Working on more classes wouldn't hurt either.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I don't know if the game needs more classes, but more guns and maps is always good.

If there's going to be even more classes, they really REALLY need to cut back on the grinding. After lvl 15 it gets irritating and from 20 onwards it's unbearable. Cap the leveling on 20 and redistribute the bonuses accordingly.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

I'd recommend trying the combat medic tree (right sight I believe, except for the first perk). It's actually a lot better than most people expect.

I really like the right side aside from the worthless poison rounds. When the boss shows up I go all left so I can sit back and heal people.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

Huh, I completely disagree. They took away Medic's SMGs to give them to the SWAT so all his weapons feel terrible and when I play him I feel like I'm just a heal bot.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
After Theta Zero's post I experimented with a full Combat Medic loadout while I was finishing up some Suicidal map achievements. I was probably being a lovely medic but you can get very decent kills and keep up with most other combat-based classes with all the damage+ skills stacked up. FPs are still a problem but I can more-or-less solo Scrakes by unloading a medic shotgun clip into their heads, following up with a clip of rifle rounds if necessary. But yeah I couldn't really notice any difference with poison rounds beyond making zeds freak out for a bit, I would just use them to try and stall Scrakes/FPs while the rest of the team focused them down. I recommend giving it a try if you don't feel like babysitting the rest of the group for 10 rounds.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Medic is absolutely an insane class in this game. I don't understand how you feel solely like a healbot when the medic has great combat utility. I do agree that them raiding the weapons to give to SWAT was lame though. I hate the medic guns aesthetic.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I dunno if it's just me, but when I'm playing KF2 over KF1, I feel like I have to use the weapons for my perk or I'm gonna be struggling. One of my fave things in KF1 was to go support so I had the room for the crossbow, mac10 and hunting shotgun for emergencies and I'd just pop heads all day. But I feel like trying to use offperk weapons as your main ones is a serious weakness in KF2. am I just imagining it being that much worse or is it really going to hold me back?

Also I think if they wanna make the game less stale they need to add more weapons. Literally only having 4 weapons per class and just working your way up to the top on each is boring as hell. Wanna be able to experiment to find that perfect loadout.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

QwertySanchez posted:

I dunno if it's just me, but when I'm playing KF2 over KF1, I feel like I have to use the weapons for my perk or I'm gonna be struggling. One of my fave things in KF1 was to go support so I had the room for the crossbow, mac10 and hunting shotgun for emergencies and I'd just pop heads all day. But I feel like trying to use offperk weapons as your main ones is a serious weakness in KF2. am I just imagining it being that much worse or is it really going to hold me back?

Also I think if they wanna make the game less stale they need to add more weapons. Literally only having 4 weapons per class and just working your way up to the top on each is boring as hell. Wanna be able to experiment to find that perfect loadout.

You can do that in KF2. They came out with multiperk weapons awhile ago and people have been doing it day one regardless.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

half of the charm of medic for me is that i can get the rifle and then take whatever weapon i feel like to go with it. m79 is my favorite pick up though

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I think they're going to make a move on leveling pretty soon what with the prestige stuff we keep seeing added in the editor.

Beyond that, I can't wait for Zed Christmas.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Medic AR and boomstick ftw, imo.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I like running medic shotgun and medic assault and then running around with the deagle. With both guns, there's zero reason to run the medic pistol since your guns recharge by the time the other is done shooting its own syringes.

Takes No Damage posted:

After Theta Zero's post I experimented with a full Combat Medic loadout while I was finishing up some Suicidal map achievements. I was probably being a lovely medic but you can get very decent kills and keep up with most other combat-based classes with all the damage+ skills stacked up. FPs are still a problem but I can more-or-less solo Scrakes by unloading a medic shotgun clip into their heads, following up with a clip of rifle rounds if necessary. But yeah I couldn't really notice any difference with poison rounds beyond making zeds freak out for a bit, I would just use them to try and stall Scrakes/FPs while the rest of the team focused them down. I recommend giving it a try if you don't feel like babysitting the rest of the group for 10 rounds.

Marogareh posted:

I really like the right side aside from the worthless poison rounds. When the boss shows up I go all left so I can sit back and heal people.

Poison rounds are something you have to actively be aware of before you notice their effectiveness. The point isn't that they do massive poison damage, it's that you're causing zeds to panic. Even as a combat medic, you're still playing a support role so the poison rounds are so your teammates get free shots in which is a lifesaver if you're sticking around classes with low burst damage like commando, firebug, SWAT, and support who need extra time to take out large zeds. Depending on how incompetent much damage your teammates are taking, it's perfectly fine to swap over to whatever the alternative heal bonus perk was, but as a whole the entire left side for Medic is mostly just good for keeping teammates who are actively about to die alive.

It is entirely worth swapping to full-on heal mode for the boss, though. Both completely resist panic and poison (although poisoning Kevin helps reveal where he is) and they're not particularly bothered by shotguns and assault rifles due to resistances, especially not ones being fired by a medic.

I like it. As long as they don't screw it up (somehow), I don't see myself hating this. The idea of daily challenges on top of new weeklies makes me feel happy in my zed-killing parts.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, weeklies are good, so why not add dalies? Natural progression there.

Is King Fleshpund in the game and I'm missing him, or are we still waiting for him to drop?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The King Flesh was part of the Poundemonium weekly event; he spawned instead of either of the normal bosses, and was fun. Last I heard from Tripwire people liked KFP enough that they were looking into ways to add him to the normal game.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Been getting back into regular play, I'm finding myself enjoying dual-wielding BoneBreaker gunslinger a lot. Going for headshots is still cool and good, but you also do good damage unloading into something's arms and legs too. Once I hit level 20 I think I'll take the perk that stumbles zeds with chest shots, then I can just lazily aim for center mass all the time :clint:

A few snapshots I captured this last weekend:

Pretty sweet headshot on a Gorefast:
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/GrimyPointlessHarborporpoise

I was sure I got the kill on Hans with a melee bash, sadly Dominator went to someone else :(
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/ThoseElderlyAmericanriverotter

The saddest suicide bomber:
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/DownrightSeveralKillifish

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Bonebreaker is interesting and fun but I always find myself running out of ammo super fast. Rack em up is just too good on gunslinger for me to choose the run and gun style.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you can consistently get headshots Rack 'em Up is great, but half the time I end up missing completely so the potential damage bonus is wasted on my lovely aim, but I can shoot arms and legs all day. A bird in the hand etc...

My standard loadout is hang out with my spawn dual revolvers until I can afford dual 1911s. Then keep using the revolvers for trash and pull out the 1911s for bigger stuff or if I'm getting overrun and don't have time to reload. Once I can afford dual Deagles I get those, and start using 1911s for everything. If I get overrun or a Scrake or FP approaches I unload the 1911s, switch down to the revolvers and empty those 12 rounds real quick then switch to the Deagles and start unloading with those. After all that I can usually pop a Scrake's head, FPs are still going to get a few hits in though. For late / boss waves I'll sell the revolvers and get dual .500s to go with my Deagles and 1911s. Even I'm able to get some decent DPS out of all that ordinance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Rack 'Em Up is worse than whichever perk it competes with.

Optimal gunslinger is starting revolvers + pistol for the first two rounds, then graduate immediately to a single .500.