Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Mors Rattus posted:

not gonna lie I would keep reading if it continued to 'Hitoyoshi must now deal with his girlfriend's Totally Not Ninja family.'

Are you telling me this isn't what's going to happen? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
We're at chapter 29 and it ends at 30, sooo...

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

HenryEx posted:

30 already happened at some places. Batoto is running behind

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

quote:

Arriving Today: Your Amazon package with Sweet Blue Flowers, Vol. 1 and 1 other item will be delivered by 8PM.

Been literally waiting years for this. :neckbeard:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

HenryEx posted:

It was uploaded at the same time as 29 on the scanlators site.

http://merakiscans.com/ninja-shinobu-san-no-junjou/30/

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

a kitten posted:

Been literally waiting years for this. :neckbeard:
Yesss, but I think I'll wait until I can order all three at the same time. Maybe.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Poil posted:

Yesss, but I think I'll wait until I can order all three at the same time. Maybe.

I didn't even realize it was going to be jumbo sized.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
That's a powerful shelf

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

a kitten posted:

Oh, so jumbo size means slightly larger? It's going to take a month before it's available here, but probably similar to if I had ordered it from the US myself. The drat store also had a few other series I want to buy but only the first two of three parts so deciding to wait isn't too hard.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Didn't realise Aoi Hana was getting an official release. I ordered it despite my now (very) mixed feelings on the series.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

a kitten posted:

Powerful shelf. What's that double volume in the blue box on the next shelf down?

I can't help but zoom in on every manga collection I see - I don't own any physical copies (but wish I did).

I always think "well it's pricey, so just start with your favourites and things you'll come back to" and the first manga that comes to mind is Vagabond, but then that's $20-25 AUD per volume for 37 volumes. Maybe I should go with smaller volume stuff like Nausicaa...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Sakurazuka posted:

Didn't realise Aoi Hana was getting an official release. I ordered it despite my now (very) mixed feelings on the series.

It already got two releases, but one publisher (Digital Manga) completely dropped the ball and only actually published volume one, digitally, and the other (Jmanga) went out of business.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hocus Pocus posted:

Powerful shelf. What's that double volume in the blue box on the next shelf down?

I can't help but zoom in on every manga collection I see - I don't own any physical copies (but wish I did).

I always think "well it's pricey, so just start with your favourites and things you'll come back to" and the first manga that comes to mind is Vagabond, but then that's $20-25 AUD per volume for 37 volumes. Maybe I should go with smaller volume stuff like Nausicaa...

It's Nausicaa, you can see it better in this older (and crappier) picture.

Now i've got to find room for these giant rear end Blame! volumes i've been buying too...

e: and Jellyfish Princess

a kitten fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 20, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The nausicaa hardcover box set is a fantastic buy, it's on amazon for like 40 or 50 bucks, and the one single complaint I have is it has a loving onomotopoia index in the backs of the books instead of translating the sound effects on the page they appear.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Redrawing is difficult and a pain and putting *tln in every panel border is a pain :shrug:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah but why bother at all then. Also it's like 20 extra pages that is literally nothing but sound effects and the page number, like really, can you even imagine someone breaking up their reading to flip back and forth to see what a sound effect translates to rather than having it on the page itself? It's really one of the most bafflingly useless additions to a collection I've ever seen.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah but why bother at all then. Also it's like 20 extra pages that is literally nothing but sound effects and the page number, like really, can you even imagine someone breaking up their reading to flip back and forth to see what a sound effect translates to rather than having it on the page itself? It's really one of the most bafflingly useless additions to a collection I've ever seen.

It's 20 pages!? I didn't expect you to say it was 20 pages worth of the stuff. Err.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You know the index at the back of many books directing you to places for corresponding information? Imagine that...but just sound effects and the pages they go to

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

please post the best sound effects

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If I remember when I get home from work tomorrow I'll take it out and take pictures

Or someone else can if they've got the set

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

I wonder if it had anything to do with stipulations from Ghibli about not wanting to alter the artwork or something.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah it's weird, the old Perfect Collection (which is flipped and regular tankobon size) had them translated and re-drawn--but the translation is otherwise the same as the new box set.

Somewhere between the two, there was another version that was larger format and un-flipped but I can't remember how they did the fx, I think maybe it was margin notes.

Page after page of
5 dn-dn-dn
6wooosh
7ka---chang
is just a strange blemish on an otherwise fantastic edition.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
This is one page of 3 just for volume 1.

~Zawa zawa

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Hahahaha (ha ha ha ha)

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

I honestly kinda like that BUT not in standard print form, I just think it's a fun way for complete weebs to get used to what the onomatopoeia actually sounds like. For a standard print run it's dumb as hell.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

like really, can you even imagine someone breaking up their reading to flip back and forth to see what a sound effect translates to

sinky posted:

This is one page of 3 just for volume 1.

~Zawa zawa

truly experiencing nausicaa as miyazaki intended

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I like bali bali bali right above pali pali for the same sound effect.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I appreciate Misao being a less-competent Kodachi Kuno from ranma 1/2 in the last few chapters of Hatsukoi Zombie. I especially like that she becomes rather eccentric when sick, this chapter also made her a lot more likeable than she has been before, and it's all thanks to being hoisted by her own petard.

I also appreciate Ebino being a slightly incompetent, but with her heart in the right place, wingman. :allears:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Captain Invictus posted:

I appreciate Misao being a less-competent Kodachi Kuno from ranma 1/2 in the last few chapters of Hatsukoi Zombie. I especially like that she becomes rather eccentric when sick, this chapter also made her a lot more likeable than she has been before, and it's all thanks to being hoisted by her own petard.

I also appreciate Ebino being a slightly incompetent, but with her heart in the right place, wingman. :allears:

With this chapter, Ebino has officially become too good for this manga.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Hatsukoi Zombie is very good and Ebino is very powerful and I will be extremely sad if she loses the Tarobowl.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I saw the final page of the latest Saotome-senshu chapter coming from like ten miles away, and still giggled like an idiot :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Triple post, I guess? Alright.

In the latest Blue Flag Futaba's a nice girl :3:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mikl posted:

Triple post, I guess? Alright.

In the latest Blue Flag Futaba's a nice girl :3:
Why wasn't I already reading this?!? But at least I have some chapters to go through now. Gotta check that other link too.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mikl posted:

Hatsukoi Zombie is very good and Ebino is very powerful and I will be extremely sad if she loses the Tarobowl.

Lol if you think there's even the slightest chance of Ebino winning. Throughout the entire comic it's been repeatedly pointed out how the main character is just stunned by the transcendental beauty of the main love interest when she's dressed as a girl.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Screw Taro, EbixIbu let's go

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ZiegeDame posted:

Screw Taro, EbixIbu let's go

Also good

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mikl fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 23, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm not sure this is technically the right thread for it but Takagi-San had an adorable spin-off of after the two kids grow up and get married and have a kid, and it's great, and holy poo poo Nishikata got ripped.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Ytlaya posted:

Lol if you think there's even the slightest chance of Ebino winning. Throughout the entire comic it's been repeatedly pointed out how the main character is just stunned by the transcendental beauty of the main love interest when she's dressed as a girl.

You're probably right, but I continue to cling to the fact that Tarou has only really thought of Ebino as "a girl" since, essentially, the play. He still has to get over that this person he goofed around with for years somehow became attractive to him when he wasn't paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I imagine Takagi just made bets against him where the penalty is exercise every day for years.