Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Ariong posted:

A dungeon designed to be incredibly difficult and dangerous. In fact, it was created by Gary Gygax himself in response to some of his players claiming that their characters were so strong as to be unbeatable. The evil creation of a vengeful DM, it really isn't Adventure Zone material. I can't wait to hear how Griffin spins it.

Wasn't it made for Gary Gygax's own D&D party, where they preferred to play the game much more party vs DM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

travis just casually hitting the demi-lich for a 100+ damage was pretty funny

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Roobanguy posted:

travis just casually hitting the demi-lich for a 100+ damage was pretty funny

Just another day at work in the office!

That mental image probably got the biggest laugh of the episode from me

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

What exactly is a *demi*-lich, anyways? Does it mean you're only half dead and can be revived by Miracle Max?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

thexerox123 posted:

What exactly is a *demi*-lich, anyways? Does it mean you're only half dead and can be revived by Miracle Max?

it means ur a super lich who is so powerful you have discarded your body to be a floating big rear end skull.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm now up to Lunar Interlude III and man Clint and Griffin bouncing off each other alone is just so dang great. :allears:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Roobanguy posted:

it means ur a super lich who is so powerful you have discarded your body to be a floating big rear end skull.

Somewhere out there is an unhappy demi-lich who misfired the spell and is now a floating pelvis.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Liches ain't poo poo but bones and tricks
Dried up crazy old wizard dicks
Find and smash the phylactery, son
If they just skulls with gems inside they eyes, run

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah this is the best liveshow.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm in my office parking lot, in my car, crying over the end of TAZ.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/911042386922319872
~*~play with me~*~

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wasabi the J posted:

I started crying in the middle of a bookstore/coffee shop, really should have listened to that episode at home.

Speaking of The Adventure Zone: I'm super excited for Clint's new super hero game on October 5th! The puppet has become the puppet master! After that are they going to do Travis's western one or Justin's detective one or Griffin's.....I forgot what Griffin's is.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Wasabi the J posted:

I cried while cooking my ~~blue apron~~

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I started crying in the middle of a bookstore/coffee shop, really should have listened to that episode at home.

Speaking of The Adventure Zone: I'm super excited for Clint's new super hero game on October 5th! The puppet has become the puppet master! After that are they going to do Travis's western one or Justin's detective one or Griffin's.....I forgot what Griffin's is.

I think Griffin wanted to do something vaguely Persona-ish? I might be remembering wrong.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It will be vaguely whatever the last video game he played was-ish

I fully expect his superhero character to have a magic hat he throws at people to take over their bodies.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Wasabi the J posted:

Welcome to the true TAZ ending experience. I don't think any of us had reason to know in advance it was going to be tear duct city.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Wasn't Griffin's idea essentially The Lodge from CGI, with people hunting/being hunted by cryptids and the like in rural West Virginia?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It hit me doubly hard when I realised that Clint and the boys lost their real wife/mother.

Those sentiments would be deeply meaningful to all of them, least of all Travis, whose keynote mentioned how his podcasting enabled him to cope with the loss if his mother.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It will be vaguely whatever the last video game he played was-ish

PUBGRPG

Or probably just Destiny, which I can actually get behind. The idea of a campaign based around spacefaring demigods with guns trying to stop wars could be rad.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 22, 2017

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Actually, I said PUBGRPG as a joke but a Battle Royale style thing could make a pretty good short campaign or one shot.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Welcome to the true TAZ ending experience. I don't think any of us had reason to know in advance it was going to be tear duct city.

"We played D&D so hard we made ourselves cry"

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

JethroMcB posted:

Wasn't Griffin's idea essentially The Lodge from CGI, with people hunting/being hunted by cryptids and the like in rural West Virginia?

He's said it's set in a high school in West Virginia and has a Buffy-meets-Persona vibe using the Monster of the Week system.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Not Operator posted:

Actually, I said PUBGRPG as a joke but a Battle Royale style thing could make a pretty good short campaign or one shot.

The McElroys can't do one-shots.

SafetyTrain
Nov 26, 2012

Bringing a knife to a bear fight

Wasabi the J posted:

It hit me doubly hard when I realised that Clint and the boys lost their real wife/mother.

Those sentiments would be deeply meaningful to all of them, least of all Travis, whose keynote mentioned how his podcasting enabled him to cope with the loss if his mother.

For some reason I listened to their wrap-up episode before actually diving into TAZ. I'm on the edge of my seat for when the "you solved my poo poo riddle" turns into real feels time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SafetyTrain posted:

For some reason I listened to their wrap-up episode before actually diving into TAZ. I'm on the edge of my seat for when the "you solved my poo poo riddle" turns into real feels time.

it's a genuine testament to their skill that it never really 'turns into' it though. It's always 'you've solved my riddle of poo poo' but they're just able to weave actual emotional moments and satisfying character arcs and all along with it.

As a great wizard once said, it doesn't always have to be goof goof dildo.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/911303121703510016

You can buy a Starblaster patch!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I don't want that patch. I want the clearly-described IPRE patch Lucretia gave the boys for Candlenights. Boo.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I thought that Cloning Pods were something that Griffin came up with as a plot device for the Balance arc, but they are official, or at least the magic they use is.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ariong posted:

I thought that Cloning Pods were something that Griffin came up with as a plot device for the Balance arc, but they are official, or at least the magic they use is.
Yeah it's particularly notorious in FR as a way for you to never be able to kill setting-important NPCs.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Ariong posted:

Would've owned if they had used a "mud-filled cyst in the ground"

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I don't want that patch. I want the clearly-described IPRE patch Lucretia gave the boys for Candlenights. Boo.

Good news: my fiancee is giving those away, for free, so you can get one or more of them if you want. Just put in a request here. There's something like a nine-hundred-person-long waiting list right now, but if you need it for a convention or a cosplay or something just put it in the comments, she's prioritizing those.

An artist named Charlie Long made the design and contacted my fiancee to embroider one for an IRPE jacket she was making. She posted about it in the TAZ facebook group and people were asking how they could get their hands on one so they decided to just make the patches and give them away since the boys don't like people selling unofficial McElroy-adjacent merch.

This is the design:

and this is one of the early completed patches, this one's like about 3.5 inches in diameter I think? I couldn't find a picture of the other size she made.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I dunno, it looks like a suitably Fantasy NASA style patch and does have a nice style but I'd kinda just rather the described patch...

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Good news: my fiancee is giving those away, for free, so you can get one or more of them if you want. Just put in a request here. There's something like a nine-hundred-person-long waiting list right now, but if you need it for a convention or a cosplay or something just put it in the comments, she's prioritizing those.

An artist named Charlie Long made the design and contacted my fiancee to embroider one for an IRPE jacket she was making. She posted about it in the TAZ facebook group and people were asking how they could get their hands on one so they decided to just make the patches and give them away since the boys don't like people selling unofficial McElroy-adjacent merch.

This is the design:

and this is one of the early completed patches, this one's like about 3.5 inches in diameter I think? I couldn't find a picture of the other size she made.

your fiancee is a saint

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I bought her a coffee, but I messed up the part where I sent her a thank-you message. Pass one on?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm still stuck on that live show.

Rascal is the greatest character in TAZ history.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Eagerly awaiting for Clint to poo poo all over his sons like they piled on Merle :allears:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Scenes from McElroy Community Theatre

https://twitter.com/DocCurm/status/911401640078569473

edit: keen eyes will notice Dwight Slappe of TIBaS fame

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 23, 2017

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

How has Griffin gotten younger looking?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Benjamin Buttons.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Permission to say Awwwww, sirs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

How has Griffin gotten younger looking?

he's (de)aged to match his vocabulary