Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Neurolimal posted:

I think you assembled your cat wrong, did you cut the spine off the sprue sheet before plugging it in?

Should good after the sanding :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

After assembly, prime dat poo poo, then start painting

There are many ideas and techniques you can use here (I'm jazzed. I'm going to try a new technique, I'm not sure if it will work but it will be p cool if it does)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

That's a lot of dead zeeks

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Does it just drag itself around like a dog wiping its rear end on your carpet?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SkunkDuster posted:

all the dark circles on the sphere are boosters, it basically just pushes itself around in space, living volleyball

with gravity it would just fall over and thrust its way into a nearby brick wall

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Kunio Okawara is a genius for basically just stealing the Pod from 2001: A Space Odyssey and slapping a cannon on it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

also the underwater mech suit from that bond movie

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SkunkDuster posted:

Now that I think about, it's kind of crazy there's never been a Ground Type Ball. They've done a ton space variants, and even an underwater Ball, but no Ground Ball

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ground Ball: KEEP ROLLIN EOLLIN EOLLIN KEEP ROLLIN RILLIN ROLLIN YEAH KEEP ROLLIN ROLLIN ROOOLLIN YEARGH

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

like the zeroids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZC9B0YJ8W8

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Man, those faces. Thunderbirds they are not

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mecha Gojira posted:

Kunio Okawara is a genius for basically just stealing the Pod from 2001: A Space Odyssey and slapping a cannon on it.

They're basically knockoff TIE Fighters really.

Iirc, someone in the Federatiom realised they don't have the time or money to produce GM's (the mass-production version of the Gundam) in sufficient numbers, but they do have an obsene number of worker pods onhand and plenty of spare guns. Mount guns to pods, send them in enmasse as disposable fighters.

And they were terrifyingly effective.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV2V73GtyRQ

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Now that I think about, it's kind of crazy there's never been a Ground Type Ball. They've done a ton space variants, and even an underwater Ball, but no Ground Ball

V Gundam got kinda close with its various wheel-themed and motorcycle-themed mechs

the enemy suit design there is a mix between rad and stupid

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

a mix between rad and stupid

as it should be

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I have a soft spot for Victory Gundam because it's Tomino's breakdown over his animation studio finally being bought by Bandai, putting him completely at the mercy of his most loathsome of enemies: the toy company sponsor.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
just slap some GM feet onto a Ball

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I need to completely redo the head, but beyond that edge highlighting complete

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Panel lining is going to kill me

Cause of death: massive heart attack after trembling hand streaked pen into crevice unreachable by pencil eraser

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

I need to completely redo the head, but beyond that edge highlighting complete

holy poo poo, I love the edgework on this

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Marx Headroom posted:

Panel lining is going to kill me

Cause of death: massive heart attack after trembling hand streaked pen into crevice unreachable by pencil eraser

for that i been using a cotton bud with a bit of isocol on it OR just saying gently caress it

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

punchymcpunch posted:

for that i been using a cotton bud with a bit of isocol on it OR just saying gently caress it

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If your kit is unpainted you can also literally use a pink eraser

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Mecha Gojira posted:

I have a soft spot for Victory Gundam because it's Tomino's breakdown over his animation studio finally being bought by Bandai, putting him completely at the mercy of his most loathsome of enemies: the toy company sponsor.

i like the part where the kid protag's mom's head splats against his cockpit

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Condiv posted:

i like the part where the kid protag's mom's head splats against his cockpit

Bikini Bazooka Babes.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

HELLMOCK

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
:cenobite:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
goddamn, that's nice.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

:five:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That is such a sight to be shown :stwoon:.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

holy gently caress

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
pretty robots :allears: so many necklace

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Started rewatching Turn A with some friends who haven't seen it.

I forgot how bizarre it gets at times.

As for Gunpla, I've got a bunch I've made. An MG Turn A, Zaku II, Master Gundam and Ball, HG Z'Gok, Acguy, Tieren Taozi, Char ver. Dom, RX-78-3, and I have an MG Victory Gundam and HG RX-78-2 and RX-178 Titans Colors to build.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

KiteAuraan posted:

As for Gunpla, I've got a bunch I've made. An MG Turn A, Zaku II, Master Gundam and Ball, HG Z'Gok, Acguy, Tieren Taozi, Char ver. Dom, RX-78-3, and I have an MG Victory Gundam and HG RX-78-2 and RX-178 Titans Colors to build.

thats a lotta words for a post with no jpgs :colbert:

w e l c o m e t o r o b o t t h r e a d h a p p y p r o c e s s i n g ! 

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Unfortunately they're all packed up right now and the only kit I have pictures of isn't a Gunpla, it's a Wildfalken kit from Super Robot Wars.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

ok brad i got u fam

so i built a couple hg kits, yknow, for practice... and also because ive developed a crippling new hobby

this sazabi kit arrived in the post the other day and holy crap the box was 2x the size of any of the others and it could pretty much eat and poop out a hi mock

i think the feet and shins alone are bigger by volume than a hi mock

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

punchymcpunch posted:

ok brad i got u fam

so i built a couple hg kits, yknow, for practice... and also because ive developed a crippling new hobby

this sazabi kit arrived in the post the other day and holy crap the box was 2x the size of any of the others and it could pretty much eat and poop out a hi mock

i think the feet and shins alone are bigger by volume than a hi mock

Ayup, looks like you've got a classic case of Gunplus disease there. Symptoms include Gunpla kits and/or Kotobukiya Plamo. You may experience brief bouts of remission, but it'll always come back in the form of new kits. It can also be highly contagious for your friends and loved ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cant wait to get a sprue caught around my neck

• Locked thread