Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

overdesigned posted:

I for one am very excited to become Tank Mario and unleash carnage upon the world.

https://twitter.com/SuperMario_UK/status/911168203283251202

Everyone was like "Ubisoft gave Mario a GUN :raise: " but Miyamoto knew all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, it's great. It's even somewhat possible on PS4 and I believe Steam as well.

Apparently Mario Run is getting a big update on the 29th with a new mode, world and best of all playable Daisy.:eyepop:

Why... Daisy specifically lol

Give me Bowser damnit

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

jetpackhewy posted:

Kickass. I have recently got into this game since it's great to play during 15 minute breaks at work. Hopefully that extra mode is something similar to Rally mode in terms of playing with other people's runs.

It deserves more credit than it gets. It has really great complex physics for an endless runner and the level design is arguably better than most of the NSMB games. $5 is a great price for it.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The intro theme for Steamworld Dig 2 is sick bros, that is all

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I just bought a Switch and Mario Kart, it loving owns

anything out on the eShop that's worthy of attention?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Hey idiots, the fire flower is a gun.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
remember when mario killed a father in front of his son and dropped his body in molten lava? remember when the son had to collect his dad's charred bones?

seriously what the gently caress new super mario bros.?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Carlosologist posted:

I just bought a Switch and Mario Kart, it loving owns

anything out on the eShop that's worthy of attention?

Blaster Master Zero, Shovel Knight and Sonic Mania are musts unless you have them on something else. Fast Racing RMX is pretty good and cheap too if you want something like F-Zero.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Just read the plot description of Super Mario Bros. in the manual, the plumber has always been a serial murderer

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I don't think I have to remind folks about the Yoshi Massacre during the SNES days.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Hey idiots, the fire flower is a gun.

Yeah Mario was supposed to hold a gun but the loving cen$or$ at Nintendo forced the developers to take it out at the last minute. That's why it looks like he's doing some weird thing with his hands.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Blaster Master Zero, Shovel Knight and Sonic Mania are musts unless you have them on something else. Fast Racing RMX is pretty good and cheap too if you want something like F-Zero.

sk and sm i get since those have cult followings but i have never heard anyone recommend blaster master zero, what do you like about it?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Bm0 is a wonderful update from the original. Improves upon it totally. As far as I can tell, the most common complaint is that people feel TOO powerful on foot with maxed out lasers

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Speaking of F-Zero, Mario Kart got me jonesing for another F-Zero game with the inclusion of Mute City and whatever that blue map is. Is there any likelihood or this happening? I mean fast RMX looks ok, but I'd really like a real F-Zero game.

Edit: I'd settle for VC of F-Zero X or GX. Make it happen Nintendo.:pray:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

mandatory lesbian posted:

sk and sm i get since those have cult followings but i have never heard anyone recommend blaster master zero, what do you like about it?

What Manky said. It's just a really great remake of a classic NES game that fixed all of its shortcomings. There's a demo on the eShop, if you're interested, and the game is only :10bux:.

[quote="“dog nougat”" post="“476671110”"]
Speaking of F-Zero, Mario Kart got me jonesing for another F-Zero game with the inclusion of Mute City and whatever that blue map is. Is there any likelihood or this happening? I mean fast RMX looks ok, but I’d really like a real F-Zero game.

Edit: I’d settle for VC of F-Zero X or GX. Make it happen Nintendo.:pray:
[/quote]

None really. I think Miyamoto recently commented on that they have no idea for a new gimmick and that's why there hasn't been one. I wouldn't get your hopes up but I strangely feel like it'll eventually return on Switch.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 23, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

KingEup posted:

Just want to thank the person in this thread who made the case for getting a WiiU in addition to the Switch. Did not realise WiiU can also play Wii and Gamecube titles. Between PC, Switch and WiiU I find it hard to fathom I will ever run out of GOOD GAMES.

Between vc and homebrew, the Wii U can play every Nintendo console back to the NES, with the exception of the Virtual Boy I guess.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Ironsolid posted:

Anyone have any idea?

You can't even copy save data on the switch, the way the Xbox handles drm will never ever happen on a Nintendo console.
The closest you will come I think is that Nintendo at least lets you have your account on more than one console at the same time now, but the account can only access its library on one console at a time. To use it on another, you have to disable library access on the first console and enable it on the second.

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 23, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm glad im not the only guy who can appreciate UFO and Sleep kirby, all the other ones are just chumps!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The best thing about Switch is that while Nintendo says ultrawide monitors aren't supported, nearly every game looks amazing on my LG ultrawide. Like, loving awesome. Playing Dig 2 in ultrawide and it owns

Wait, how does that work? Is the output from the Switch cropped, or are there bars on the side?

[Edit: Found a video of someone playing on an Ultrawide monitor. The resolution is stretched... but it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would look.]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 23, 2017

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Just checking in to say that I love the Switch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Fun Times! posted:

Just checking in to say that I love the Switch.

And the Switch loves you.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

raditts posted:

Between vc and homebrew, the Wii U can play every Nintendo console back to the NES, with the exception of the Virtual Boy I guess.

Where do I go to download game and watch stuff then Mr smart guy??

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

lelandjs posted:

Wait, how does that work? Is the output from the Switch cropped, or are there bars on the side?

[Edit: Found a video of someone playing on an Ultrawide monitor. The resolution is stretched... but it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would look.]

There are people who prefer stretching instead of just having a pillarboxed image? :psyduck:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
What is happening to this thread?

Golfwhen

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

There are people who prefer stretching instead of just having a pillarboxed image? :psyduck:

I'm just going to believe that youtube video is a joke played completely straight cause I refuse to believe anyone would be okay with having the image stretched like that. It looks terrible. It looks OBJECTIVELY terrible :colbert: Don't @ me

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tatsuta Age posted:

Where do I go to download game and watch stuff then Mr smart guy??

If you learn to read, you too can be a smart guy!

raditts posted:

every Nintendo console back to the NES

Also, game and watch was not a console, it was a series of handhelds.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

This is like the evolution of people that used to watch SD channels stretched to widescreen, and is equally offensive

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 23, 2017

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

lelandjs posted:

No for me it's not stretched at all. No black bars for me either. 2560x1080

I can take some pictures if you like but my games look better than that dude

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

What happens if you buy a digital copy of a game you already own on physical? Will the save data transfer?

Kind of want to sell off my Splatoon 2 cart and download it instead, I keep swapping back and forth between that and other games.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

KingEup posted:

Just want to thank the person in this thread who made the case for getting a WiiU in addition to the Switch. Did not realise WiiU can also play Wii and Gamecube titles. Between PC, Switch and WiiU I find it hard to fathom I will ever run out of GOOD GAMES.

As my BotW adventure has come to an end I started Metroid Prime. And people complain about Zelda feeling empty! Also jesus christ F-Zero GX is even faster and harder than I remember. Gimme that poo poo remastered with online play on the Switch Nintendo!

Yeah, the Wii U still has an incredible library. I think it's a necessary purchase if you have a significant Nintendo backlog because the Switch is amazing but inexplicably terrible in terms of backwards compatibility. This thread seems to have convinced itself that most big Wii U titles will come to the Switch at some point, but I'm willing to bet Smash Deluxe will be the last Wii U game you'll see.

That means saying goodbye to stuff like Mario 3D World, DK Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2 and many more titles including the entire Wii and Gamecube library. The Wii U might have been a disaster financially, but the thing is until mid 2016 it absolutely buried the PS4 in terms of the quality of exclusive games.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't want the switch to be backwards compatible, just give me some remastered re releases

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TGS is wild

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
My friend told me that downloading everything was the way to go but I love physical media so I started buying carts and while I still love physical media (what if the apocalypse happens!? I NEED TO HAVE ALL MY SWITCH GAMEZ) I'm kinda bummed at how right he is/how wrong I was. Being able to switch games instantly would be nice.

nintendo where's my "install to SD card" option for cart-bought games

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Dad Jokes posted:

What happens if you buy a digital copy of a game you already own on physical? Will the save data transfer?

Kind of want to sell off my Splatoon 2 cart and download it instead, I keep swapping back and forth between that and other games.

The same data for all switch games is stored on the internal memory / SD card and not on the cartridge, so yes you can switch between physical and digital.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

^^^ thanks, friend :)

overdesigned posted:

My friend told me that downloading everything was the way to go but I love physical media so I started buying carts and while I still love physical media (what if the apocalypse happens!? I NEED TO HAVE ALL MY SWITCH GAMEZ) I'm kinda bummed at how right he is/how wrong I was. Being able to switch games instantly would be nice.

nintendo where's my "install to SD card" option for cart-bought games
this is 100% me :negative:

but at least the boxes look nice on the shelf

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The only way that would be feasible and not a hilariously open door for piracy is the way they originally intended to do games on the xbone, and I think we all remember how well that went over

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Kawabata posted:

This thread seems to have convinced itself that most big Wii U titles will come to the Switch at some point, but I'm willing to bet Smash Deluxe will be the last Wii U game you'll see.

That means saying goodbye to stuff like Mario 3D World, DK Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2 and many more titles including the entire Wii and Gamecube library. The Wii U might have been a disaster financially, but the thing is until mid 2016 it absolutely buried the PS4 in terms of the quality of exclusive games.

Idk if I'd call it incredible so much as the few good games that will be stranded are very good. I don't think you should buy a console for its 3 or 4 'must-haves' unless you're a superfan

VC's pretty good if you include the Wii's library

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Kawabata posted:

Yeah, the Wii U still has an incredible library. I think it's a necessary purchase if you have a significant Nintendo backlog because the Switch is amazing but inexplicably terrible in terms of backwards compatibility.

What is "inexplicable" about it? Even if you ignore that the architecture is different from the last three consoles, how would Wii U games work outside of something insane like connecting two switches together, and how would Wii games work without a sensor bar?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

raditts posted:

The same data for all switch games is stored on the internal memory / SD card and not on the cartridge, so yes you can switch between physical and digital.

Are you sure? I remember reading on reddit that someone traded in Mario Kart, bought it on digital and had no save

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Say No to Mario Maker on the Switch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

a.lo posted:

Say No to Mario Maker on the Switch!

Actually say yes

• Locked thread