Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Karma Comedian posted:

I guarantee he's not differentiating between actual citizens and the general population.

E: his position is literally, "social programs caused the fall of Rome."

Yes, my joke there was that this person knows exactly jack poo poo about Rome. I am good at history, but not so much with jokes. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Alterian posted:

So is the world ending at 12:01AM EST tonight or is it going to be at 11:59PM tomorrow night?

Again?!? Goddammit. All these end of the worlds keep ruining my plans.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Karma Comedian posted:

Please help. My cousin 100% believes that Rome fell because it spent too much money on its citizens.

I have some duct tape ropes and some chains. You will have to drive since I don't know where the nearest river is.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Nibiru is coming!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eyeing-sept-23/

My mom believes this. :(

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I thought Nibiru was responsible for the 2012 apocalypse

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pesticide20 posted:

I thought Nibiru was responsible for the 2012 apocalypse

Nibiru was also supposed to cause an apocalyptic pole shift back in ... 2003? The Zetatalk lady who killed her dogs so they wouldn't suffer in the cataclysm.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

She watches this guy. It really sucks youtube has given a platform for the people that would normally be ranting on a street corner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuvBReOHwyU

Linked cause the thumbnail might be considered nws, but its not a nws video.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

REply with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHW3Y_p2llo

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Karma Comedian posted:

Please help. My cousin 100% believes that Rome fell because it spent too much money on its citizens.

This is exactly the opposite of true. Rome fell because the Empire wasn't spending any money on its western half. By the 400s AD the vast majority of political and military power in the Empire was centered on Constantinople, and when Odoacer deposed Emperor Romulus in 476, the Western Empire could only charitably be described as being held together with spit and baling wire.

(If your cousin means the Roman Empire, the short version of its fall is "the Pope kept throwing crusades at it until it was weak enough for the Ottomans to take over from the other side in the 1400s", which, again, has nothing to do with social-welfare spending.)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nibiru was also supposed to cause an apocalyptic pole shift back in ... 2003? The Zetatalk lady who killed her dogs so they wouldn't suffer in the cataclysm.

Nibiru needs a performance improvement plan. Apocalypses need to be prompt!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Na Rome fell because of increasing secularism and the desire for a unified Italy.

Edit : and the pedophilia

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
Speaking of conservative pedophiles. Whatever happened to this guy?

He used to be hot poo poo among closet white supremacists on social media.

Dejawesp has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Sep 22, 2017

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
He went from Alt-Right "LOOK WE LIKE THIS GAY GUY, WE AREN'T HOMOPHOBIC!" to "WE TOLD YOU QUEERS WERE DEVIANT RAPISTS!" punchline.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

He went from Alt-Right "LOOK WE LIKE THIS GAY GUY, WE AREN'T HOMOPHOBIC!" to "WE TOLD YOU QUEERS WERE DEVIANT RAPISTS!" punchline.

Nah they still love him

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

OldTennisCourt posted:

That was never true. Milo is the gay version of Uncle Ruckus.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Karma Comedian posted:

Pff, ridiculous. Rome fell because it was constantly and unrelentingly attacked by Islam.

username/page number combo

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Future president right there.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

Milo might be self-hating, but the GG crowd definitely loved him and Oliver Campbell specifically because they could be used as shields to deflect accusations of homophobia/racism

Content:

https://twitter.com/oliverbcampbell/status/570386782585376768

Fantastic Flyer has a new favorite as of 02:42 on Sep 23, 2017

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dejawesp posted:

Speaking of conservative pedophiles. Whatever happened to this guy?

He used to be hot poo poo among closet white supremacists on social media.

Unrelated content:

https://twitter.com/JimmyJazz1968/status/911310537929015296

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PhazonLink posted:

I...want to post the videos. But, yknow. BIG :nws: WARNING for this (why are you watching youtube at work anyways?) for WAY OVER THE TOP language. But it's The Boondocks, just getting the warning out of the way.

e - different song, since the title of the first one makes it worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU8jxLQl1ag

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://twitter.com/Savmasta/status/911316107927076864

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aww. Look at them getting all excited at this science popularization dude! Maybe our youth has a future after all. :unsmith:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

The little wave at the end is the best

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah, unless they try to put a black person in a leading role.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i have a dream that one day my children will be judged by the contents of their character and not by the n-bombs of their heated gaming moments -- mlk, probably

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Karma Comedian posted:

If he's getting it from Stephan Molymeme then there's a video debunking it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHW3Y_p2llo

e: goddamn there's another page I need to read

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Rome fell because ancient aliens commandeered an army of Egyptian flying pyramids to strike at the Atlantean lizardmen that have been populating the Roman Senate. Why did the ancient aliens do this? Because of the FLUORIDE IN THE WATER

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

toanoradian posted:

Rome fell because ancient aliens commandeered an army of Egyptian flying pyramids to strike at the Atlantean lizardmen that have been populating the Roman Senate. Why did the ancient aliens do this? Because of the FLUORIDE IN THE WATER

I knew it

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Okay, sorry, not thread related, but where is your AV from? Is it a Pope cartoon? It looks like his style.

Thread Content: One of my idiot friends just posted on FB about blowing $150 on a PS4 Arcade stick for MvCI.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Agents are GO! posted:

Okay, sorry, not thread related, but where is your AV from? Is it a Pope cartoon? It looks like his style.

Thread Content: One of my idiot friends just posted on FB about blowing $150 on a PS4 Arcade stick for MvCI.

Maybe he'll go pro and be winning tens of dollars in the big tournaments

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Agents are GO! posted:

That's pretty much standard price for arcade sticks intended for fighting games.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

From Imgur.

yes it's dumb and simple but you have to appreciate a world view where someone watches Star Wars and concludes that the Jedi symbolizes the nazis and the Sith are Antifa.

Dejawesp has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Sep 23, 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jedi aren't able to have relationships or sex so they match up with the alt right in that aspect

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Zelder posted:

Jedi aren't able to have relationships or sex so they match up with the alt right in that aspect

Nah, the jedi chose to be celibate.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Nah, the jedi chose to be celibate.

Wasn't a council member the fuckmaster of some planet and had like 50 kids because it was his duty to impregnate the women?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That was Yoda.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dejawesp posted:

Wasn't a council member the fuckmaster of some planet and had like 50 kids because it was his duty to impregnate the women?

I don't know, man. I've only seen the first movies and that was probably 16~ years ago and I don't remember anything about a jedi fuckmaster.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dejawesp posted:

Ki adi mundi I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Dejawesp posted:

Sounds more like he was going crazy with the old Jedi Mind Trick. :quagmire: