Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

told u she was gonna leave your rear end

mate don’t be a dick. the problems are complex and to do with my hosed brain and self esteem issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

echinopsis posted:

mate don’t be a dick. the problems are complex and to do with my hosed brain and self esteem issues

sorry about your troubles mate

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echinopsis posted:

don't forget your alcoholism!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stymie posted:

don't forget your alcoholism!

mate I haven't. thanks for the empathy, you mongrel piece of poo poo

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echinopsis posted:

mate I haven't. thanks for the empathy, you mongrel piece of poo poo

sorry for not tiptoeing around your problems to help enable them!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Just buy the cheapest piece of poo poo amd special at Dick Smith or whatever they have down there.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stymie posted:

sorry for not tiptoeing around your problems to help enable them!

you spend a lot of time talking about the problems in society and alcohol being a scourge but at the end of the day, youre a judgemental piece of poo poo that thinks those people are worse than you. you're fuckin hypocritical and the way you act says so much more about you than the virtues you proclaim :rolleyes:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

Just buy the cheapest piece of poo poo amd special at Dick Smith or whatever they have down there.

https://www.apple.com/nz/shop/buy-mac/mac-mini

thinking about mac mini, but wondering if the $900 one would be enough, vs the close to 2k one which is clearly a nice piece of work

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
If you're separating from her why the gently caress are you spending 1k. Buy a NUC and be done with it

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echinopsis posted:

you spend a lot of time talking about the problems in society and alcohol being a scourge but at the end of the day, youre a judgemental piece of poo poo that thinks those people are worse than you. you're fuckin hypocritical and the way you act says so much more about you than the virtues you proclaim :rolleyes:

this probably sounded a lot better when you said it to the empty bottles where your wife used to be

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Bit of a dick move there

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stymie posted:

this probably sounded a lot better when you said it to the empty bottles where your wife used to be

you’re part of the problem

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
[quote="“Dodoman”" post="“476676946”"]
If you’re separating from her why the gently caress are you spending 1k. Buy a NUC and be done with it
[/quote]

we are still in the same house. upstairs is like its own place. kids stay under same roof

but i want downstairs to have a deece experience.. the pc is the tv in the lounge, all movies or music etc comes from it: current pc is powerful but coz i like to game or render on it.. so i will probably move it, but need to replace it with something that can do what they want

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echinopsis posted:

you’re part of the problem

since my name isn't jack daniels i doubt that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
youre a piece of poo poo mate

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

we are still in the same house. upstairs is like its own place. kids stay under same roof

but i want downstairs to have a deece experience.. the pc is the tv in the lounge, all movies or music etc comes from it: current pc is powerful but coz i like to game or render on it.. so i will probably move it, but need to replace it with something that can do what they want

This situation seems untenable from my pov, but if you can work with it good on you. Kids being involved complicates stuff.

Do you stream stuff to/from the PC or is it all on the big rig? If it's just streaming get an appletv but if you want onboard storage yeah get the 1k Mac mini and plug in an external drive.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
get some help before it's too late

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dodoman posted:

This situation seems untenable from my pov, but if you can work with it good on you. Kids being involved complicates stu
Do you stream stuff to/from the PC or is it all on the big rig? If it's just streaming get an appletv but if you want onboard storage yeah get the 1k Mac mini and plug in an external drive.

current sitch is that powerful pc acts as a server fort he house but most of the stuff is just viewed on it, as its connected to a 50" tv rather than a monitor

so I will be moving it upstairs, and need to replace it with something that can browse, stream movies and play minecraft

I see I can prolly spend $200 on a barbones mac mini style NUC pc thing, and I know ir wont perform like my main pc... but I guess I need to know whats the minimum to make it not painful to use

Stymie posted:

get some help before it's too late

lol the thing about suicide is that, well, it solves all your problems

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tasteless jokes aside, if you are having suicidal thoughts, please check out https://www.lifeline.org.nz

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

echinopsis posted:

current sitch is that powerful pc acts as a server fort he house but most of the stuff is just viewed on it, as its connected to a 50" tv rather than a monitor

so I will be moving it upstairs, and need to replace it with something that can browse, stream movies and play minecraft

I see I can prolly spend $200 on a barbones mac mini style NUC pc thing, and I know ir wont perform like my main pc... but I guess I need to know whats the minimum to make it not painful to use

lol the thing about suicide is that, well, it solves all your problems

echi buy a $50 ex lease thinkstation from pb tech. hope u sort you're life out bud

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The playing minecraft bit complicates your purchase. The 1k mac mini won't run it, if you buy a NUC you'll have to buy a 600-700nzd NUC (looking at a site called pbtech) and then buy RAM and a hdd.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

bobbilljim posted:

echi buy a $50 ex lease thinkstation from pb tech. hope u sort you're life out bud

Hmm

This seems like a decent option

https://m.pbtech.co.nz/product/EXWKSDEL3022/Dell-Optiplex-3020-Desktop-PC-OFF-LEASE-Business-S

Add storage as necessary I guess

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

echinopsis posted:

ok so coz of the relationship breakdown i think i want the family computer and so i need to replace it with something that can play movies off the network, play minecragu and browse internet

mini apple?

intel NUC?

or basement bargain pc in a case?

if you want to punish her, get her a i7 nuc. it spins up and sounds like a loving hairdryer from just opening chrome. I think lower powered nucs would be ok if you don't

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
If you want something cheap that plays minecraft with people on the PC, buy an Xbox one and the new minecraft version for it which has cross-platform play with windows 10 version, Android, iOS, and soon Switch and eventually PS4.

It'll also let you stream a bunch of stuff

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

that’s i think it where i will be aiming
cher’s

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

echinopsis posted:

yo if you and your wife are through I hope you're not trying to maintain some kind of sham pretend relationship for the kids' benefit. they will eventually see through it (if they haven't already) and you'll just be modeling more dysfunctional relationship behavior for them.

pretending to stay together ~*for the kids*~ should generally be avoided

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah my parents did that and it was poo poo to learn they had been faking it

for now its because its a good way to separate without javing to do anything drastic like move out of the house, but right now kids sleeping in their upstairs bedroom rather than the downstairs one. they know things are bad.

and based on conversations weve had today.. things are gonna be truly over before the end of thre year. splitting assets style. :( wife just told me she misses the man she married :qq: welp oh well back to thinking about prostitution to supplement my income

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

yeah my parents did that and it was poo poo to learn they had been faking it

for now its because its a good way to separate without javing to do anything drastic like move out of the house, but right now kids sleeping in their upstairs bedroom rather than the downstairs one. they know things are bad.

and based on conversations weve had today.. things are gonna be truly over before the end of thre year. splitting assets style. :( wife just told me she misses the man she married :qq: welp oh well back to thinking about prostitution to supplement my income

is prostitution legal where u at?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

is prostitution legal where u at?

there was a goon who did an a/t about working in a legal brothel in nz years ago so i'd guess yes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

syscall girl posted:

there was a goon who did an a/t about working in a legal brothel in nz years ago so i'd guess yes

oic

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah it is lol. and tax free i presume :smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol
less than a week after i put my pic on a website i got called by some sex worker collective and got sent a huge care pack for free without boatloads of condoms and books about being safe etc

only thing i don’t know is how much to charge

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

lol
less than a week after i put my pic on a website i got called by some sex worker collective and got sent a huge care pack for free without boatloads of condoms and books about being safe etc

69.69 per 69 minute sessions

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

echinopsis posted:

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAMFqGWXzbI

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

echinopsis posted:

yeah it is lol. and tax free i presume :smugmrgw:
lmao

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
echopenis, get a job

a real job, not prostituting yourself out of your ex-wife's basement

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

echinopsis posted:

wife just told me she misses the man she married :qq:

your wife straight-up tells you, point blank, that she is interested in reconciliation, and your response is to hustle back into the basement to sell your rear end on the local classifieds?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol i need to buy a new video card

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
you need counseling for a variety of addictions, including (but not limited to) sex and alcohol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I didn't realize this was the e/n thread but I am glad to see it is being updated