Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

When you know what you believe you're never lonely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Ghostlight posted:

None of them seem to remember that National explicitly said they would never work with the Greens.

nah english floated the idea at the 11th hour yesterday

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Only Gareth Morgan the strategic genius could watch the Maori party die almost directly as a result of being in bed with National and tell the Greens they should do the same thing.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
bishop's nearly 1k ahead

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Bishop is gonna win Hutt South. I blame them changing the boundary to let the rich dickheads on the hills vote.

Trompe le Monde
Nov 4, 2009

More beer is required.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I promised my mate I'd get up early and help him paint I don't know what I was thinking.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
bfm coverage is good

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Robo Captain posted:

Bishop is gonna win Hutt South. I blame them changing the boundary to let the rich dickheads on the hills vote.

Specials might change that, but the National woman on RNZ reckons Bishop is really popular with student/young people there

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

exmarx posted:

bfm coverage is good

Are labour winning there?

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Chalupa Joe posted:

A shameful country.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'm drunk now are Labour winning yet?

Edit:

Chalupa Joe posted:

A shameful country.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

ledge posted:

Are labour winning there?

they're more rrealistic

https://www.facebook.com/Radio95bFM/

Sticko
Nov 24, 2007
Outrageous Lumpwad

bike tory posted:

Specials might change that, but the National woman on RNZ reckons Bishop is really popular with student/young people there

Between this and Dunedin, when did students become so terrible.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

cptn_dr posted:

I'm drunk now are Labour winning yet?

Edit:

Not sure yet. On current numbers, a Labour/Green/NZF (45+7+9) coalition will have 61 seats and enough to govern against a National/ACT opposition (58+1).

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

bike tory posted:

How the gently caress can anyone like chris bishop

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Sticko posted:

Between this and Dunedin, when did students become so terrible.

Last election I overheard one telling his mate how he was planning to party vote National and electorate vote Green, so it's not just this time at least

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Wandle Cax posted:

She mumbled something about selfie and meme culture.

Winnie is like 30 votes behind in Northland still

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Vagabundo posted:

Not sure yet. On current numbers, a Labour/Green/NZF (45+7+9) coalition will have 61 seats and enough to govern against a National/ACT opposition (58+1).
Yeah but will they have the moral right to do so? /garner

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

So labour will do a couple of points higher than the 2008 loss. Great job!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Can anyone confirm I heard right that the ACT party fundraised $800,000? Seymour said something like that in his speech.

If so then that's more than Labour.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I heard something like that

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Such a bizarre seat/party

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Kill and eat the rich

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

40,087 cunts

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

bike tory posted:

Can anyone confirm I heard right that the ACT party fundraised $800,000? Seymour said something like that in his speech.

If so then that's more than Labour.

No it's not, Labour raised over a million

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Wandle Cax posted:

He's reasonably charismatic, young, good at engaging with the electorate and has been campaigning for the last 3 years straight. :shrug:

Sticko
Nov 24, 2007
Outrageous Lumpwad
What happens to NZ First when Winston kicks the bucket? They seem such a personality focused party with no obvious successors, that I can't see them staying around. Which is probably a boon for the Nats, with all the racist olds going back to their natural habitat.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

...kingmaker

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Wandle Cax posted:

No it's not, Labour raised over a million

Really? Jacinda made a huge difference then, last time they only got ~400k and last I'd heard they weren't much over that

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'm putting together a fellowship of walkers to go destroy Winston's phylactery. Anayoone interested?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
gently caress THIS AWFUL COUNTRY

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sticko posted:

What happens to NZ First when Winston kicks the bucket? They seem such a personality focused party with no obvious successors, that I can't see them staying around. Which is probably a boon for the Nats, with all the racist olds going back to their natural habitat.

They'll implode and join the likes of Alliance, Mana, United Future and evidently, the Maori Party. They got back into parliament because they're basically a party of political gently caress-ups built around Winston Peters, and without him, no one gives a poo poo.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Lol NZ, just lol. I guess my lifelong policy of low expectations leading to never being disappointed wins again.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Lmao @ everyone in this thread

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Two Finger posted:

Myself included

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I blame my friends wife who is a primary school teacher who voted national because "we had to work hard to enter this housing market (they just bought a 500k 2 bedroom house 1hour out of auckland) and Labour just wants to give people handouts"

That's it.
That's their reason.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Two Finger posted:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

bike tory posted:

Really? Jacinda made a huge difference then, last time they only got ~400k and last I'd heard they weren't much over that

Yeah apparently they got at least one million from 11,000 people donating on the website , not sure how much they also got from other sources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Spiteski posted:

I blame my friends wife who is a primary school teacher who voted national because "we had to work hard to enter this housing market (they just bought a 500k 2 bedroom house 1hour out of auckland) and Labour just wants to give people handouts"

That's it.
That's their reason.
One of the ecologists at work votes National because "you can't protect the environment with a weak economy". Somehow the fact that National aren't protecting the environment regardless of the economy never enters into it.

• Locked thread