Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

How long did Peters take to make a decision in 1996? It was quite a while, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

One of the ecologists at work votes National because "you can't protect the environment with a weak economy". Somehow the fact that National aren't protecting the environment regardless of the economy never enters into it.

gently caress this poo poo country.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

How long did Peters take to make a decision in 1996? It was quite a while, wasn't it?

Yeah it was a few weeks. Maybe we will get lucky and Donald and Kim will end it all for us before then.

Trompe le Monde
Nov 4, 2009

I can't abide a NZF-Labour-Green coalition. Someone please tell me greens won't work with NZF.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Trompe le Monde posted:

I can't abide a NZF-Labour-Green coalition. Someone please tell me greens won't work with NZF.

You'd rather National/NZF?

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Winston is a fickle man but it'd be a shame to turn his back on his slogan of Had Enough by joining National, in effect saying Because Here's 3 More Years Of It.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the poo poo is this? Nationals batshit American lying got them this close? Yet another thing to hate Americans over.

Newhub is garbage dick.

Welcome back Winston. Looks like Greens are reaching out to him.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Varkk posted:

Yeah it was a few weeks. Maybe we will get lucky and Donald and Kim will end it all for us before then.

The optimist in me can live with a 3-way coalition, assuming the current seat projections hold (and at 91.3% counted, they probably will). A part of me is hoping for a hung parliament, just because I've never really seen one of those before. I was living in Japan when Hata was PM with an 8-party coalition, but I wasn't old enough to really appreciate the wackiness of it.

It looks like there's been a swap of Hutt South for Christchurch Central, while Labour take Ohariu and Waiariki off of the government coalition partners (effectively ending the Maori Party's parliamentary presence for now), while National take Northland off of NZF (60-odd% counted, with a widening margin that is now 800 means it'll probably go to the Nats).

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Spiteski posted:

I blame my friends wife who is a primary school teacher who voted national because "we had to work hard to enter this housing market (they just bought a 500k 2 bedroom house 1hour out of auckland) and Labour just wants to give people handouts"

That's it.
That's their reason.

About 48% of your fellow country members think so too

I know that is hard for some on here to accept

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
people suck lol

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Vagabundo posted:

The optimist in me can live with a 3-way coalition, assuming the current seat projections hold (and at 91.3% counted, they probably will). A part of me is hoping for a hung parliament.

A hung parliament sounds god drat awful why not just accept what has happened and move on with what we got?

Labour should have done a national with GST with regards to the water tax: lie :chord:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I like that the outdoors party got more votes than the Internet party. Time to go outside, interneters.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

About 48% of your fellow country members think so too

I know that is hard for some on here to accept

More poo poo people doesn't make any of them less poo poo.
Also, less than 48% of the country voted so like, not 100% accurate

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A hung parliament sounds god drat awful why not just accept what has happened and move on with what we got?

It's not a case of "I don't wanna accept it :qq:," I'm just sort of hoping that because at this point, why the gently caress not?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

If the Greens get even half a percent off National in the specials then they gain a seat from them. That'd put Lab/Green at 54 seats to National's 57. Close a.f.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
James shaw with the interesting choice to make a victory speech apparently

Trompe le Monde
Nov 4, 2009

bike tory posted:

You'd rather National/NZF?

100%, I am well used to being on the opposition

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Spiteski posted:

More poo poo people doesn't make any of them less poo poo.
Also, less than 48% of the country voted so like, not 100% accurate

Yeah I know, the semantics of it all.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bike tory posted:

If the Greens get even half a percent off National in the specials then they gain a seat from them. That'd put Lab/Green at 54 seats to National's 57. Close a.f.

Were the special votes the ones from expats voting from overseas?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Yeah I know, the semantics of it all.

I'll cling to whatever tag-nut of hope-poo poo I can get.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So, how will the 4% of votes to non-Parliamentary parties get redistributed?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Depressing but not surprising the fact is literally most of national voters just don't want to be taxed a few dollars more. Also a very big amount of people believed national's smear campaign and ran screaming at the 10 million taxes labour would give them. Overheard: a lifelong labour voter saying he wasn't voting them this time because he didn't want his family home taxed. seriously.

Vagabundo posted:

Were the special votes the ones from expats voting from overseas?

and anyone who voted early and enrolled at the same time

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Vagabundo posted:

Hopefully all to The Opportunities Party. These cats are really starting to piss me off.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Wandle Cax posted:

Depressing but not surprising the fact is literally most of national voters just don't want to be taxed a few dollars more. Also a very big amount of people believed national's smear campaign and ran screaming at the 10 million taxes labour would give them. Overheard: a lifelong labour voter saying he wasn't voting them this time because he didn't want his family home taxed. seriously.

This is just proof of media's role in deciding who governs. If they'd slammed national on their bullshit even half as hard as they slam any labour or green in the headlines, it'd be a massively different result.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

The 4 is taken off 100 and the parties over the line have their percent converted into an "effective percent of the party vote" proportionately. The seats are then allocated using a rule that's very complicated but not that unfair. With the current % the seat allocation wouldn't change.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Basically the next campaign labour should just not even mention the word tax

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Spiteski posted:

This is just proof of media's role in deciding who governs. If they'd slammed national on their bullshit even half as hard as they slam any labour or green in the headlines, it'd be a massively different result.

The media slammed the greens so hard they lost half their support

And they were naive enough to think they wouldn't do such a thing to them, the greens

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Wandle Cax posted:

Basically the next campaign labour should just not even mention the word tax

They did that this time, rebranded it as working group.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

The media slammed the greens so hard they lost half their support

And they were naive enough to think they wouldn't do such a thing to them, the greens

Not surprising at the reaction. This country that has asked for nine (almost 12) years of national can not love anyone that represents the most-often shat on group. Beneficiaries who bludge.

They did that this time, rebranded it as working group.

Yea, but the damage was done by that point.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Six people in my electorate voted mana and six voted for the Internet party.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
So what is everyone gonna do with their tax cut?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wandle Cax posted:

and anyone who voted early and enrolled at the same time
Also anybody who voted early outside of their electorate.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Robo Captain posted:

I'm too poor to get one. So probably gonna eat the rich

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

6 voted Internet, 7 voted Mana, and 8 voted Democrats for Social Credit in mine.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

One single person voted Democrats for social credit in mine. They put up hoardings and everything

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghostlight posted:

One of the ecologists at work votes National because "you can't protect the environment with a weak economy". Somehow the fact that National aren't protecting the environment regardless of the economy never enters into it.

:lol::lol:

Farmers being the typical bunch have what they do freaking out over being told the have to be responsible for the environment they 110% dependant on their earning on.

Labour should have done a national with GST with regards to the water tax: lie :chord:

I don't think Jacinda is the kind of person to straight up lie.

bike tory posted:

I believe this is expected from most of the commentators that they might snipe a seat. I know my sister has voted Greens from overseas.

I don't know what everyone is bitching about NZF, it has always been expected it would be a NZF, Greens, Labour coalition.Winston can be worked with and if given one or two things that he can be proud of he will be a happy chappy. I doubt whatever the concession is made will be damaging.

TV 1 has the sane commentator stating the left are in position to win as much as the others are clutching pearls over "The first call" with Winston and not declaring victory as Prime Minster. She has all but said she has won by saying they will be in talks to form a stable government. She isn't going to gloat, that's not her and Winston is not that fragile.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

6 voted Internet, 7 voted Mana, and 8 voted Democrats for Social Credit in mine.

We got 6 Mana, and 3 Dem for Social credit.
The real shocker is the 23000 national votes (65%) and less than 1k greens. Turns out I share this neighbourhood with a bunch of dicks.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
So the UK just happened again here, the right cling on by the skin of its teeth against a resurgent left, aided and abetted by lies and an uncritical media. Except the left might manage to form a government coalition here.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Robo Captain posted:

Have it more than offset by all the poo poo that's currently hosed up and the growing consequences over the next 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I'll put up with an Lab+Green+NZF coalition because at least that'll stop national loving around with conservation land and letting companies drill in national parks

• Locked thread