Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

He shaved those dorkus sideburns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Holy poo poo the Austin show is loving amazing.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in... real... life....

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

edit: keen eyes will notice Dwight Slappe of TIBaS fame

Dwight Slappe is a hall of fame name.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Good news: my fiancee is giving those away, for free, so you can get one or more of them if you want. Just put in a request here. There's something like a nine-hundred-person-long waiting list right now, but if you need it for a convention or a cosplay or something just put it in the comments, she's prioritizing those.

An artist named Charlie Long made the design and contacted my fiancee to embroider one for an IRPE jacket she was making. She posted about it in the TAZ facebook group and people were asking how they could get their hands on one so they decided to just make the patches and give them away since the boys don't like people selling unofficial McElroy-adjacent merch.

Put my data in there, even though I'm not from the US. Mentioned it in the notes too, but there's absolutely no issue if shipping to Europe isn't an option or anything. Think of it as an interest check, rather than something more imperative.

Your fiancee sounds really cool and it's a very good thing she's doing. Loving the non-free patches too :D

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Wasabi the J posted:

Holy poo poo the Austin show is loving amazing.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in... real... life....

If you told me the entire basketball thing was reverse engineered after Griffin came up with that one line, I'd fully believe it.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Serperoth posted:

Put my data in there, even though I'm not from the US. Mentioned it in the notes too, but there's absolutely no issue if shipping to Europe isn't an option or anything. Think of it as an interest check, rather than something more imperative.

Your fiancee sounds really cool and it's a very good thing she's doing. Loving the non-free patches too :D

She'll ship wherever, so you're good.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Colonel Whitey posted:

Scenes from McElroy Community Theatre

https://twitter.com/DocCurm/status/911401640078569473

edit: keen eyes will notice Dwight Slappe of TIBaS fame

Dwight sitting between the larval forms of Griffin and Travis there makes it seem like he snuck in and usurped Justin's spot as oldest brother. (Justin can be seen sneering in the background, clearly waiting for his chance to strike again and take back his throne)

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I like these one offs more than the last half year of the balance arc. The bass fishing nonsense by itself is so refreshing compared to all the attempts at the serious storytelling. Can't wait to lose all the baggage of the balance arc and restart fresh

Pronounced
Aug 18, 2013

ImPureAwesome posted:

I like these one offs more than the last half year of the balance arc. The bass fishing nonsense by itself is so refreshing compared to all the attempts at the serious storytelling. Can't wait to lose all the baggage of the balance arc and restart fresh

:agreed:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Well yeah, live shows have to follow the "No Bummer" rule

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pastrymancy posted:

Well yeah, live shows have to follow the "No Bummer" rule

Rascal was easily the greatest tragedy in TAZ you shut your mouth

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
No bummers be damned, a TAZ live show that makes a theatre full of nerds cry would be funnier than any joke.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
so if Magnus has the flaming raging poisonous sword of doom does that mean this live show is post-ending?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Not Operator posted:

No bummers be damned, a TAZ live show that makes a theatre full of nerds cry would be funnier than any joke.

How would anyone know they should be sad when they can't hear what's being said over the unceasing screams of dipshits?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Farg posted:

so if Magnus has the flaming raging poisonous sword of doom does that mean this live show is post-ending?
ComiCon was in July, so it was halfway through the finale.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Farg posted:

It has to be, since Lucas was in exile until the finale

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Farg posted:

It takes place in the nebulous time that comes into existence when you don't want to go back and figure out which skills and items you had or didn't have earlier in the story.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Farg posted:

Does it matter?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's like a Dragon Ball Z movie, where there's a nebulous idea of where it's supposed to be, but there's too many conflicting elements to really nail it down.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Whoa that's a lot of TAZ hate. It definitely dragged on a bit but it was a loving D&D campaign being played on a Tuesday over the course of a few years by some pretty busy dudes. Not expecting it to be the pinnacle of clever writing, and it was free, so I'm not complaining about my few weeks of enjoyment.

But they ARE stronger improv artists than Griffin is a writer, and that's okay.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh is this the inevitable backlash beginning?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Escobarbarian posted:

Just wait till one of these upcoming one shots don't work out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

We've been on this backlash for an entire year.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's like the most mild criticism possible

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's also the exact same points people have made ad nauseum for months, so excuse me if it begins to grate on some.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
These guys are a little touchy to criticism. But there might be a bias to TAZ in here.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
onto the next stage of the thread

so how about those maxfun ads

they sure are safu;afiuaefwjfaoi

This guy
Jul 29, 2007
YES
Please don't talk about things unless you agree with me, gets on my nerves thanks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Changing the subject, I would very much like to see these light up dice Clint had.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mikeycp posted:

Oh hai there welcome to pop rocket

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Oh hai there welcome to pop rocket

Is Pop Rocket still a thing? I haven't heard their ad in a while. Then again, there is that new show with as far as I can tell the exact same premise and format as Pop Rocket, so maybe they just rebranded.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ariong posted:

Is Pop Rocket still a thing? I haven't heard their ad in a while. Then again, there is that new show with as far as I can tell the exact same premise and format as Pop Rocket, so maybe they just rebranded.

yes they are still a thing, and it bugs the hell out of me
i listened to it for a few months casually around last maxfundrive. after they got some lackluster results from the drive, the main host went on about how people need to support them more and it just felt really lovely so i dropped it.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
My favorite ad is the this american life ripoff about boring bullshit in portland

The best part is the monotone "oh my god, the carpet has an instagram"

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Apparently the new Jesse Thorn/Columbia J School podcast on interviewers being interviewed about interviews is really, really good

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
The Turnaround is totally worth a listen if you have an interest in the idea of interviewing or just getting better at talking to people, or if you want to hear Katie Couric say the word "poo poo", which is pretty great by itself.

It was really heavily advertised, yeah, but there are a lot of funny moments and interesting stories to be found.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Remember that ad about tasting a new color or some poo poo?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

mikeycp posted:

I sure am glad they've added another podcast which is taking a snarky view on pop culture.

a pipe smoking dog fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 24, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the original beef and dairy network ad was good, the new one shouldn't give the ghost away

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Once I thought that bland sit-down were the product of overworked television writers relying on common tropes to appease their producers.

Then, I listened to the Dead Pilots Society and realized that they really think that their shows are the height of comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I keep meaning to listen to tights 'n fights