Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Holy gently caress you suicidal nitwit, nuclear war is unwinnable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Bok is probably one of those guys who never really understood why the US didn't just bomb Russia out of the Cold War with huge unbeatable massive superior good-old American fierpower.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

:downs: What's my guy doin' today? Bein' an inspirin' president, I hope! Lemme just find my clicker and tune in on the ol' boob tube.

*click*

:smugdon: WE WILL PURGE NORTH KOREA WITH FLAME AND HELL AND THEY WILL KNOW THAT MY DICK IS THE-

*click*

:saddowns: ...

:saddowns: Man, heh, s-summer really doesn't last, does it?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

a Serial Experiments Lain cartoon

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
The Cassidy caricature is pretty good acceptable, but that's not a good likeness of Lindsey Graham at all. I don't think he's that hard to capture on paper, but this isn't the only cartoon i've seen that's guilty of this.

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 23, 2017

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

FreeKillB posted:

The Cassidy caricature is pretty good acceptable, but that's not a good likeness of Lindsey Graham at all. I don't think he's that hard to capture on paper, but this isn't the only cartoon i've seen that's guilty of this.

I didn't even know who it was until I saw the label.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Abyssal Squid posted:

Holy gently caress you suicidal nitwit, nuclear war is unwinnable.

Bok is probably dumb enough that he usually loses at tic-tac-toe, I can understand why Wargames would fly over his head.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Come on down to the middle east J, I don't even remember what winter feels like. It's been summer for the last 10 years.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I had to check if "Trump made a tweet" was indeed the current hard hitting political cartoon for September 2017.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Starving Wolf posted:

Come on down to the middle east J, I don't even remember what winter feels like. It's been summer for the last 10 years.
I believe it officially ended tonight.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

How is this political at all
Can you please take it to the webcomic thread

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Floridians will shoot anything, even if the more appropriate action would be to not shoot that thing, instead opting to get the gently caress out of a disaster area, AGC.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Is it a Norwegian translation thing to move Zelda from Sweden or was it like that in the original?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Why does every man have their top button undone and chest hair bursting out in ZeldaUniverse?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That giant rear end pill should be filled with toxic waste to better reflect the situation.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

Is it a Norwegian translation thing to move Zelda from Sweden or was it like that in the original?

It's a norwegian translation thing, ironically it's easier to find Zelda strips in norwegian than swedish.

Ularg posted:

Why does every man have their top button undone and chest hair bursting out in ZeldaUniverse?

Because it's a completely normal thing that people do. It's not like they have their clothes on backwards or something.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Haha, no.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Alhazred posted:

It's a norwegian translation thing, ironically it's easier to find Zelda strips in norwegian than swedish.

Because it's a completely normal thing that people do. It's not like they have their clothes on backwards or something.
It's still really weird to me that they did a full Phoenix Wright style cultural localization for the comic when it's from a neighboring country.

Huh, I thought the chest hair thing was part of Zelda's perception of men.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ularg posted:

Same reason women have plunging necklines in a Horsey cartoon.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Alhazred posted:

Well it looks like I've been misusing my chest hair all my life! (I'm not gonna start, save us the pain)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Darth Windu posted:

Tourists conflating Sweden and Norway is a political thing over there, I'm told.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jedit posted:

Tourists conflating Sweden and Norway is a political thing over there, I'm told.
Tourists from Europe or somewhere else?

Also who the hell can't be bothered to even check which country they're in?

edit: is that guy supposed to be a European tourist?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Sep 23, 2017

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i think Chatty McChesthair is local, certainly reads like Zelda is not in her home country

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zetsubou-san posted:

i think Chatty McChesthair is local, certainly reads like Zelda is not in her home country
Yeah you're probably right, which means I'm as confused as usual about Zelda's movements, and also how much of what we are getting is the (Swedish to Norwegian) translator's liberty.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Zetsubou-san posted:

They're in New York right now, so it's an American chatting them up.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

He also tries to start a conversation about the state of the social democracy.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

:lol:

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Burn in a gasoline fire started by your wife Lester.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Fun fact: today's strip isn't translated into English by Alhazred, it was published that way on the comics page of the newspaper Dagbladet. They assume the readers are sufficiently anglomanic to not mind. The way they pretend that Zelda is Norwegian when the strip is published in Norway doesn't always work: there are strips where you see them waltzing around with Stockholm landmarks in the background, or referring to Swedish things that do not exist in the neigbouring country (ads for beer on a bus shelter, for example) or are much less known (various swedish authors or entertainers).

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

I spent way too long trying to read the surgical instruments.

(Also gently caress you, obviously)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Wow that's Limbaugh doing Michael J Fox low.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Reminder that Mike Lester drew Obama wearing a rainbow tie for roughly six years running because "doesn't want to destroy same-sex marriage" = gay

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Reminder that Mike Lester drew Obama wearing a rainbow tie for roughly six years running because "doesn't want to destroy same-sex marriage" = gay

Also "being gay = bad"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Reminder that conservatives are angry about getting owned by the guy who had a show featuring a penis puppet.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

That's nuclear holocaust, Donnie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Reminder that conservatives are angry about getting owned by the guy who had a show featuring a penis puppet.

Conservatives somehow came to the conclusion that comedians are serious political pundits.

• Locked thread