Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Give Winston his loving northport and the gold credit card it will work out fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Spiteski posted:

Beneficiaries who bludge.

Route one 'journalism'

Especially when writing about something as complex as beneficiaries, without context, within a word count

One minute to read!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Robo Captain posted:

So what is everyone gonna do with their tax cut?

I'm going to buy a block of cheese.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Everyone thought Winnie was going to go with Labour back in '96 and he used it as leverage when negotiating with National.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Sevens seats. It's not amazing but it's a lot better than zero and considering the last six months it is acc-ept-a-ble. :toot:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

bike tory posted:

If the Greens get even half a percent off National in the specials then they gain a seat from them. That'd put Lab/Green at 54 seats to National's 57. Close a.f.

Further to this, if Labour gain half a percent at NZF's expense then they gain a seat from National too.

It's wishful thinking, but not beyond the pale.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

The half percent is a real chance, but from nz first?

Suppose anything's possible

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wandle Cax posted:

Give Winston his loving northport and the gold credit card it will work out fine

He knows how that works. He knows he is going to get his 1/2 wishes and Labour/Greens are going to be good for it and knows Jacinda can be trusted and be truthful because that is who she is.

Hoskings is doing his best to reach for that NZF-Nat government.

Oh, Bills on, he is so going to gloat.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
I really loved Mathew Hooton remarking to Cunliffe that Jacinda has achieved the same result as Shearer and yet Cunliffe saw that result as enough to stage a coup.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I had control of the tv streams, Only rnz and tvnz worked. My uncle wanted tvnz for the graphics. But I refused because Hoskings. Everyone else was happy with rnz. Uncle sulked off home.

Just another general election at the bovine residence.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

truther posted:

I really loved Mathew Hooton remarking to Cunliffe that Jacinda has achieved the same result as Shearer and yet Cunliffe saw that result as enough to stage a coup.

lol

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I had control of the tv streams, Only rnz and tvnz worked. My uncle wanted tvnz for the graphics. But I refused because Hoskings. Everyone else was happy with rnz. Uncle sulked off home.

Just another general election at the bovine residence.

Hosking is bad, but News Hub is terrible.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I couldn't get the newshub stream to work so oh well

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Sevens seats. It's not amazing but it's a lot better than zero and considering the last six months it is acc-ept-a-ble. :toot:

Golriz :qq:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I am watching the whitest man in NZ address the whitest group of people in NZ.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Seymour at the yacht club?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Specials, one more is likely

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Seymour at the yacht club?

Oh sorry. The second whitest man addressing the second whitest crowd.

E: and I don't give a gently caress that there are Asian people in the room that the cameras focus on every opportunity - anyone in that room is white by default.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/HeraLindsayBird/status/895157540664856577

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He is doing the Trump number play and gloating.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
a national/nz first government is going to maintain supply of cheap migrant labour, but strip them of even more rights

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, time to sit down now. The votes are pretty much in and all we can do now is wait and see.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

for anyone like me wanting to vainly hold onto hope, here's what happened last time after specials were counted

TL;DR if the same thing happens this time the Greens and Lab both gain a seat and National lose 2 seats. So 54 to National's 56.

voiceless anal fricative fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 23, 2017

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
so who's pumped for The Right Honourable Prime Minister Winston Peters

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Hey, I was looking for Briscoes today. Spooky.

Had to get my muffin tins from the warehouse, though.

e: So how long until Bill English gets a knighthood

ee: What's wrong with Briscoes?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

The lady owns a dairy farm you'll never buy better

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Someone who has

bike tory posted:

for anyone like me wanting to vainly hold onto hope, here's what happened last time after specials were counted

TL;DR if the same thing happens this time the Greens and Lab both gain a seat and National lose 2 seats. So 54 to National's 56.

Greens currently pumping 6 that's better than expected

Moo Cowabunga fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Sep 23, 2017

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

For me, anyway

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Also does anyone know where those conservative votes went?

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
At least we won Christchurch Central back :unsmith:

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
So apparently Winston Peters is about to lose his seat to National (but still make it in on the list). Will this piss him off enough to tell National to gtfo?

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
gently caress act, yo

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

This country loving sucks, and middle New Zealand can eat my entire loving rear end hole.

Imagine how great the world feels when you realise that you can just lie to people, or tell them that the reason their paycheques are tight, or that they can't afford a home, is because there are people poorer than them, and those people are the enemy. You must feel like loving Neo at the end of The Matrix

Imagine how freeing it would be to just be able to throw other human beings under the world's biggest metaphorical bus and feel nothing except how amazing it is that you're going to earn more money next year.

I wish I'd just gone to business school and never bothered to consider the long term effects of empathy poisoning

Murrah
Mar 22, 2015

Well, here is hoping Golriz gets in on the specials.

Im a bit gutted, a change of Govt would have been a motivator to return back but again what can I say I currently live under a guy who yelled "son of a bitch" at some black athletes but said that neo nazis had some fine people

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Ugh, gently caress this heterosexual xonsevatube earth. Maybe it's time to leave
NZ form good.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

18000 people in my el ectirate vited for Jami-Lee 'gently caress the poor" Ross. How I s tha even possible?

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Lord of the Llamas posted:

So apparently Winston Peters is about to lose his seat to National (but still make it in on the list). Will this piss him off enough to tell National to gtfo?

I don't think you 'get' NZPOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

If there's one takeaway it's the shortcomings of our current implementation of MMP.

Seymour and Morgan: both objectionable twats with tiny groups of adherents, but only one of their voices is in parliament and it's the guy with 0.5% of the vote, and that by dint of a bunch of rich pricks living in close proximity to each other.

STV all the way

• Locked thread