Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I'd say this pretty much sums it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I repeat, and I'll keep on repeating until we do it. We're going to crush all these motherfuckers

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
#policywonk

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
neera is "an ideas person"

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Isn't that basically against all of his writing :psyduck:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lessail posted:

Isn't that basically against all of his writing :psyduck:

TNC was written off years ago when he said the best answer to white supremacy is to lie down and let them kill you

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

white sauce posted:

This post gave me a headache

the headache is the signpost on the road to intellectual salvation

ThndrShk2k posted:

Voting for Sanders bill is more of voting to talk about single payer and not specifically for single payer, also they are being forced to vote by their constituents, so don't be fooled by the Dems lies when they say they support single payer. Make them prove it via action (like voting for it)

also Bernie Would've Won.

wait wait wait wait wait

you're telling me that I can't trust the Democrats? Even after the MOST PROGRESSIVE PLATFORM IN HISTORY?

Seriously though, Bernie Would Have Won

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Drunk on policy like Katy Perry

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The thought of James Comey being an intellectual titan who should be shaping young minds is completely alien to me.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i'm dyin' here holy hell

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The thought of James Comey being an intellectual titan who should be shaping young minds is completely alien to me.

unless those young minds are going to weasel school I doubt they're getting much value out of him

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hey, if John Yoo can get a sweet Professorship after advocating for some of the worst Bush administration policies, this is really just par for the course.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Imagine just being given huge amounts of power just because you're extremely tall and of course, white and male.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Taintrunner posted:

i'm dyin' here holy hell

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Maybe he should teach a course in "Gambit creation and mitigation" or something.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm really glad you aren't an insufferable centrist prick anymore. :) Calenth is the only other old-timey D&D poster I can recall who made such a radical change over the years. (btw, does he still post on SA?)

I remember Calenth as a crazy right-libertarian from way back when I used to post in D&D and the old Lum the Mad forums. What did he evolve into?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hell yea

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

white sauce posted:

Imagine just being given huge amounts of power just because you're extremely tall and of course, white and male.

i dont have to imagine it :kheldragar:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

who was that guy who called TNC a liberal shill during the primary and getting ran out of the forum for it? Lolling at TNC being a cheerleader for Comey

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Thoguh posted:

Full luxury gay weed space communism, now.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I remember Calenth as a crazy right-libertarian from way back when I used to post in D&D and the old Lum the Mad forums. What did he evolve into?

lawyer doing ADA work iirc

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

who was that guy who called TNC a liberal shill during the primary and getting ran out of the forum for it? Lolling at TNC being a cheerleader for Comey

being pro-debate is liberal af which is why d&d sucks poo poo

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Debate... is good!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

being pro-debate is liberal af which is why d&d sucks poo poo

Debating is ok as long as both people don't lose their cool. Being meltdown mountain is bad though

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lawman 0 posted:

Debating is ok as long as both people don't lose their cool. Being meltdown mountain is bad though

That's the worst thing. Being pro calm debate means that you end up having a calm discussion with nazis about whether or not homosexuals should be executed. gently caress debate

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The first post is D&D, the second one is me

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's the worst thing. Being pro calm debate means that you end up having a calm discussion with nazis about whether or not homosexuals should be executed. gently caress debate

You could just not let Nazis into the debate though. Since they will admit that they don't care about it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

the problem with debate is that it mostly means online debate so it focuses on being """rational""" and not on actually being likable or rhetorical ability like in person debates. As a concequince it winds up with at least one person being completely insufferable in thee name of being right then bitching when called out for being insufferable.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Debates are fine as long as nobody is talking in bad faith/concern-trolling. But D&D is filled with shitlib stemlords or poli. sci. majors (the worst humans) who turn everything into one-upmanship. (Also "nothing good is possible" because they don't actually care about helping the poor/disenfranchised).

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Frijolero posted:

Debates are fine as long as nobody is talking in bad faith/concern-trolling. But D&D is filled with shitlib stemlords or poli. sci. majors (the worst humans) who turn everything into one-upmanship. (Also "nothing good is possible" because they don't actually care about helping the poor/disenfranchised).

i'm a stemlord :smith:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Condiv posted:

You're beautiful, Condiv.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
My new favorite part of USpol is a guy talking about people calling out the left as closet racists and KM reading that as a defense of racism, somehow.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

"Don't let your past define you."
–Bernard "Bernie" Sanders

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

You're beautiful, Condiv.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

loquacius posted:

People post GIFs in C-SPAM too, they're just almost always gifs of Power Rangers shows or interviews with musicians

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Frijolero posted:

c h a o s r e i g n s

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

platzapS posted:

I'd say this pretty much sums it up

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

lol nice edit that guy in the corner looks uh

excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

wanna live on bernie island

• Locked thread