Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Macaluso posted:

It's somewhere in between Melee and Brawl, not quite as floaty as Brawl, but more defense oriented than Melee.

The main thing is that 4 has Cloud and Bayonetta and Bowser Jr so why would anyone ever want to play any of the others IMO

4 doesn't have Snake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Mario Kart should be a once every 2 years thing.

There's literally nothing new you can do with Smash besides adding a level or a character here and there.

Mario Kart 9 and Smash 4 DX with DLC are the optimal, here.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

There's literally nothing new you can do with Smash besides adding a level or a character here and there.

Smash 4 didn't even have a subspace emissary equivalent

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

smash 5 will be sakurai's greatest achievement and his funeral

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They might feel that Smash 4 has another shot because most people played the 3DS version, since no one owns Wii Us, and to them, this is gonna be a big upgrade. Because no one owned Wii Us let alone accessories for them, the 8 player amiibo co-op team stadium features were never really explored by many

I wouldn't be surprised if they slapped a Subspace Emissary/Adventure Mode onto Smash 4, would feel like a brand new game

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Andrast posted:

I'd love a Smash with a SSE/Melee Adventure Mode hybrid.

Basically, like SSE with a pile of levels and cutscenes, but the levels themselves be based on the game worlds instead of just generic stuff. Hopefully with HD assets being made for so many series, they'd be able to recycle a lot of it for levels and enemies.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

TVs Ian posted:

Basically, like SSE with a pile of levels and cutscenes, but the levels themselves be based on the game worlds instead of just generic stuff. Hopefully with HD assets being made for so many series, they'd be able to recycle a lot of it for levels and enemies.

I'm a total nerd for single player stuff in primarily multiplayer games. I'd love it if they did something like that. I couldn't really get into Mario Kart 8 deluxe since all the cups are already unlocked. I'm not as keen to grind for kart pieces. I'd kill for an all-cup mode or something.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

frodnonnag posted:

4 doesn't have Snake.

I know is has the three better characters that I listed :confused:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Andrast posted:

Sakurai figured that most people just watched the cutscenes on Youtube, and put the resources towards the character announcement trailers instead.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I know is has the three better characters that I listed :confused:

None of those characters can put sticky bombs on people and remotely detonate them though

I always wish sakurai had taken snakes moveset and put it on someone else

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Konami is opening up a bit so maybe Snake can return for Deluxe or whatever Smash Switch is. Kojima wanted Snake back in 4 so it's up to them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Every smash game actually plays really differently though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Zelder posted:

None of those characters can put sticky bombs on people and remotely detonate them though

I always wish sakurai had taken snakes moveset and put it on someone else

Bowser Jr's mechakoopa is better than some lame old sticky mine :colbert:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The Kins posted:

Sakurai figured that most people just watched the cutscenes on Youtube, and put the resources towards the character announcement trailers instead.

It's actually pretty good that the cutscenes leak everywhere and get seen, they should drop adventure mode cutscenes on their YouTube channel themselves

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Macaluso posted:

You shut your whore mouth.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TVs Ian posted:

Let's take it one step further:

A full game done in the SSE style. Toss in some co-op play for more chaos.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Snake is cooler than Cloud

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Cloud < Snake < Wii Fit Trainer

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Cheeto posted:

Cloud < Snake < Wii Fit Trainer

oh yeah, when is Switch Fit coming out?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Don't @ me

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

oh yeah, when is Switch Fit coming out?

I'm not sure the Switch has enough tensile strength for people to use it like a balance board.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Zelder posted:

smash 5 will be sakurai's greatest achievement and his funeral

"After I type in this final line, Super Smash Bros. 5 will be complete."

*Sakurai types with a feeble finger*

:In memory Masahiro Sakurai 1970-2018:

*Dies*

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DalaranJ posted:

I'm not sure the Switch has enough tensile strength for people to use it like a balance board.

it would come with a peripheral, just like Wii Fit and Wii Fit U did

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It'll also come with a belt where you can mount the Switch as your belt buckle, for use as a pedometer

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nintendo! Twin Snakes when?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

It'll also come with a belt where you can mount the Switch as your belt buckle, for use as a pedometer

Also handy storage for shark repellent spray

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nintendo! Twin Snakes when?

Resident Evil 2 RE:make as well, please.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

homeless snail posted:

Little joycon holsters attached to your belt for motion tracking and impromptu 1 2 Switch duels

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
My launch left joycon isnt locking in place anymore, it stays on but I can slide it easily without pressing the button on the back.

Anybody else had this issue? I think I'll contact Nintendo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Olivil posted:

My launch left joycon isnt locking in place anymore, it stays on but I can slide it easily without pressing the button on the back.

Did you drop it? The locking mechanism is a little plastic tab and breaks easily. You need a new Joycon, RIP

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hildibrand for smash

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

homeless snail posted:

Did you drop it? The locking mechanism is a little plastic tab and breaks easily. You need a new Joycon, RIP

No I didn't. The locking tab acts as it should... it looks and move identically like my right joycon. :/

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

[quote="“spit on my clit”" post="“476692837”"]
Hildibrand for smash
[/quote]

All Nintendo adjacent things for smash.

New smash better have a dirty 72 pin connector that boots games 1 in 20 times as a playable character on day one or I'm not buying it

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Olivil posted:

My left joycon wobbles on the rail a bunch. I think it's just badly made

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

All Nintendo adjacent things for smash.

New smash better have a dirty 72 pin connector that boots games 1 in 20 times as a playable character on day one or I'm not buying it

"what?" is my reaction to both this post and the right joycon failing to connect for half an hour

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Olivil posted:

mines starting to do this a bit. it's not "easy" to slide out but it's definitely something i am capable of doing without pressing the button

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

a.lo posted:

Say No to Mario Maker on the Switch!

Yeah! And say no to alcohol and blowjobs and ice cream and burritos and music!

Finally, somebody who thinks like me. Let's be friends.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

GreatGreen posted:

alcohol and blowjobs and ice cream and burritos and music!

That's basically the timeline of dating.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
"Odyssey" is the project code-word for the port of Mario 3D World right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Olivil posted:

the back button release has a little plastic wedge tooth nearby behind the rail for catching on the rail when it clicks in position. if the tip of that is chipped or rounded, the joycons don't hold for poo poo. if the rails on the switch themselves are hosed, you're hosed.

• Locked thread