Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Pinterest perpetuates diet fads that SAHMs obsess over, like paleo, keto, random cleanses. The random blogs Pinterest links to also makes people think that they should have their own blogs, which leaves me with old college friends who link their own blog's recipes for pre-cooked shrimp cocktails and "did you know you can make this dish with quinoa instead of rice? MIND BLOWN" poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Instead of shrimp over rice, make some risotto instead! Add cheese on top for an extra kick!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Everyone likes Chinese Food but no one likes the guilt that comes with it. My take on pork fried rice ditches the rice and replaces it with cauliflower, and we are going to save ourselves a lot of empty calories by baking instead of frying!

*tastes like poo poo*

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Do urself a favor and get the America's Test Kitchen Complete Series Cookbook imo

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

My guilt-free pizza isn't like those expensive store-bought pizzas. I use only organic ingredients, with herbs picked fresh from my garden. By replacing the dough with a layer of ground cauliflower, and the sauce and cheese with hummus and EVOO, you will have a vegan dish that will surely put the pizza back in pizzazz!

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Maybe your husband will actually love you when you impress him with your Game Day wings alternative: cauliflower drowned with Frank's Red Hot sauce

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

T.S. Smelliot posted:

* 1/8th teaspoon cumin
*1/16th teaspoon chili powder
*1/18th teaspoon coriander
*1/8th teaspoon salt
*1/16th teaspoon white pepper
*1/8th teaspoon black pepper
*1/8th teaspoon star anise
*1/16th teaspoon saffron
*1/16th teaspoon charnushka
*1/16th teaspoon paprika...if you're feeling brave haha! (OPTIONAL)
Boil 19 hours or until boiled. Serve to taste. DO NOT BROWN.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

What are the best recipes for Cooking With Cum?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

What are the best recipes for Cooking With Cum?

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Harvest-collection-semen-based-recipes/dp/1481227041

E:

quote:

Semen is not only nutritious, but it also has a wonderful texture and amazing cooking properties. Like fine wine and cheeses, the taste of semen is complex and dynamic. Semen is inexpensive to produce and is commonly available in many, if not most, homes and restaurants. Despite all of these positive qualities, semen remains neglected as a food.

AWarmBody fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 22, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Verisimilidude posted:

Everyone likes Chinese Food but no one likes the guilt that comes with it. My take on pork fried rice ditches the rice and replaces it with cauliflower, and we are going to save ourselves a lot of empty calories by baking instead of frying!

*tastes like poo poo*

Soy sauce is very high in sodium, so try water instead!

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Verisimilidude posted:

*tastes like poo poo*

*one of those sped up cooking videos where you can see my fat hands and stubby fingers preparing 'healthy' low carb dishes*

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I made this recipe and thought it was only ok. I couldn't find star anise in my local supermarket, and I lowered the salt content by roughly half. Also I replaced the whole milk with skim, and I'm not the biggest fan of cumin so I used a little bit of Mrs. Dash instead. I thought this recipe was very bland, had no flavor at all, but some Frank's Red Hot made it edible. 2/5 Stars.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Ladies, we all know being a stay-at-home mom is hard, and for parents with children (and, sometimes, husbands!!) who are picky eaters, it's even harder. Some parents give their kids money to buy lunch at school, but we all know they're going to choose the less nutritious options like pizza and chicken nuggets, but who can blame them when the healthy options are so bland and unappetizing? So, do yourselves a favor, and follow these 5 quick and easy recipes on making a vibrant, colorful, nutrient-packed, and (quite frankly) delicious meal that won't leave your kids running for the vending machine!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Cauliflower is really good. I can't fathom why people insist on loving up by trying to make it a substitute for starch.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Verisimilidude posted:

a vibrant, colorful, nutrient-packed, and (quite frankly) delicious meal that won't leave your kids running for the vending machine!
It's pizza

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I'm going vegan for health reasons. Let me fill my Pinterest board with recipes for vegan brownies, vegan mac and cheese, and vegan pizza, all of which have ten times the calories of the originals, contain no vegetables, and cost three times as much.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SEX BURRITO posted:

I'm going vegan for health reasons. Let me fill my Pinterest board with recipes for vegan brownies, vegan mac and cheese, and vegan pizza, all of which have ten times the calories of the originals, contain no vegetables, and cost three times as much.
As far as I can tell, "paleo" is an entirely dessert-based diet.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
easy fast breakfast!!!!

*oatmeal in a jar*

Easy fast LuNCh!

*salad in a jar*

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

This one is called every recipe on Pinterest is literal dog poo poo.

Take 1/4lb of hamburger take it into a patty.
Put the patty on the grill until well done.

Feed to your dog, if you don't have a dog go get a dog.

Wait 8-12 hours.

Take the dog for a walk when the dog goes poo pick it up with a clean plastic bag.

When you get home spread the dog poo poo between to hamburger buns and enjoy!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
[quote="“pixaal”" post="“476678235”"]
This one is called every recipe on Pinterest is literal dog poo poo.

Take 1/4lb of hamburger take it into a patty.
Put the patty on the grill until well done.

Feed to your dog, if you don’t have a dog go get a dog.

Wait 8-12 hours.

Take the dog for a walk when the dog goes poo pick it up with a clean plastic bag.

When you get home spread the dog poo poo between to hamburger buns and enjoy!
[/quote]

this would've been funny if it wasn't legitimately what they do with coffee beans, except it's cats not dogs

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
figured out a genius fix for OP's problem. all you have to do is not go on pinterest.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tricky D posted:

Cauliflower is really good.

lmbo best fakepost in thread

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Pookum posted:

figured out a genius fix for OP's problem. all you have to do is not go on pinterest.

Pinterest is like cancer tho. It's spread to every recipe search. I actively avoid it because I really don't want to sign up for your god damned free newsletter.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
FREE PRINTABLE!!!!

Pintetest is a cancer that ruined two of my favorite things (calligraphy is the other one, just try to find anything related to calligraphy on Google image search that doesn't look like a fifth grader wrote it) also I'm trying to plan a wedding right now and if I see one more burlap wrapped mason jar or toddler holding a sign that says "Last Chance to Run" I'm going to kill somebody

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Flavortown!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
white MILFs need a social network too OP

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

They need recipes to enjoy with their children Laikkynn and Taylee at their finely crafted, Pinterest-inspired pallet table.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Replacing mashed potatoes with mashed cauliflower is Pol Pot levels of evil

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's true, but oven roasted florettes are great. Obviously if you grew up eating it over boiled or frozen you're not going to be a fan

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah you're not going to enjoy cauliflower as an adult if you were forced to have it as a child. in that regard it is much like sodomy

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

yeah you're not going to enjoy cauliflower as an adult if you were forced to have it as a child. in that regard it is much like sodomy

It's also really good and good for you

much like sodomy

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Pinterest sucks for women's lovely pumpkin spice mufffin poo poo, but it's pretty cool for men. Stuff like how to make your own black powder shotgun out of plumbing pipes (with the recipe for black powder included), or how to sink in a nice rear naked choke are pretty entertaining.

Bet you anything they have meth recipes too. But I aint looking.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I enjoy cauliflower but does anyone honestly prefer mashed cauliflower to mashed potatoes? I guess the reverse is true- if you never had decently prepared potatoes growing up you'd be looking for an alternative.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Maya Fey posted:

Congratulations to Pinterest for destroying google image search with their piece of poo poo website

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just filter them out

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I enjoy cauliflower but does anyone honestly prefer mashed cauliflower to mashed potatoes? I guess the reverse is true- if you never had decently prepared potatoes growing up you'd be looking for an alternative.

I usually have cauliflower around cause I enjoy it in general, never tried full on mashed cauliflower but after hearing people did eat it I often replace like one potato with some when making mashed potatoes and I find its p good.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

girl pants posted:

FREE PRINTABLE!!!!

Pintetest is a cancer that ruined two of my favorite things (calligraphy is the other one, just try to find anything related to calligraphy on Google image search that doesn't look like a fifth grader wrote it) also I'm trying to plan a wedding right now and if I see one more burlap wrapped mason jar or toddler holding a sign that says "Last Chance to Run" I'm going to kill somebody

My wedding theme is rustic sparkle. I'm going to literally empty my recycle bin and cover everything in glitter and burlap. :3:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

ArbitraryC posted:

I usually have cauliflower around cause I enjoy it in general, never tried full on mashed cauliflower but after hearing people did eat it I often replace like one potato with some when making mashed potatoes and I find its p good.

My mother in law does this and I don't really notice but then again I'm also eating some great BBQ with it so I'm less concerned.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Lol @ a healthy alternative to mashed potatoes. If your mashed potatoes doesn't have a stick of butter, half a block of cream cheese, and a cup of half and half, you're a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

• Locked thread