Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The White Dragon posted:

just cruisin watching the river flow after u get hit with a projectile

dontrel what are you doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

The funny thing is, during the opium wars average joe Britians didn't think selling opium to the chinese was bad because they thought alcohol was much worse for life and society.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Heat Signature is real good, I think. Tackling increasingly complex combat puzzles feels really good, and the tools you're given feel weird and interesting. There are several different kinds of teleporters but my favorite is the visitor, which teleports you to a location and teleports you back to your original location after a short time. You can get into some goofy poo poo with it, pickpocketing keycards and getting out before anyone notices, or getting into a fight knowing if someone knocks you out you're gonna teleport back to safety before anyone can throw you out an airlock. My only complaint is I'm having trouble finding equipment which can deal with armored enemies, but I'm beelining towards unlocking those for my shops.

I've taken to throwing myself out a window and into the void wherever I'm done with my mission objective which makes the game feel like a worthy successor to Gunpoint.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 23, 2017

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Can I play Kirby Air Ride on anything that doesn't involve getting my N64 out of the attic?

Oh it was GC :smith:

Kirby's Air Ride is the only Kirby game I haven't actually played, hopefully they'll put it on the VC one day.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Larryb posted:

Kirby's Air Ride is the only Kirby game I haven't actually played, hopefully they'll put it on the VC one day.

It got an unfair rep as a baby game because you can finish courses just by holding A

if you really race with people its cool

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm playing catch up here but I just wanted to point out that Fortnite is made by Epic which makes Unreal Engine which is PUBG's engine so they're paying royalties to Epic already for licensing so the whole situation is just a bit more lol.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
New idea: 100 IP lawyers are dropped out of a plane onto a remote island...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i will say this, even though i have no real interest in playing PUBG, watching Awful Squad on the couch while zoned out from lack of sleep and cold medicine is fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the time is passed but yesterday I teamed up with somebody on the other team in splatoon 2 because it was 4v3 and he took mercy on my team and walked in circles in the middle making it 3v3. Thank you guy.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

New idea: 100 IP lawyers are dropped out of a plane onto a remote island...

They hash out the rights to No One Lives Forever and a tear rips in the space time continuum as a great old one descends on the earth to usher in one thousand years of darkness.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

when i was a teenager i was like "i don't need drugs, reality is cool enough on its own"

This is true

precision posted:

but man, have you ever tried reality... on weed??

But this also works

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said the same thing but i was wrong

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

al-azad posted:

They hash out the rights to No One Lives Forever and a tear rips in the space time continuum as a great old one descends on the earth to usher in one thousand years of darkness.

The world will then need to call on Kirby to defeat the terror.

John Kirby, Attorney At Law.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really wish indie devs would stop putting extremely hard jumping challenges into their games. You aren't meat boy, knock it off.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Zetsubou-san posted:

smoked a joint once in my teenage years and was not really impressed

I got high for the first and only time in college, awkwardly hit on a photography major, and went home and felt like a dumbass.

Some day I'd like to experiment with more powerful hallucinogens in a safe/controlled setting but otherwise I spend my recreational money on nerd poo poo instead.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

If you don't smoke weed, you'll probably save money, which you can spend on video games. That's my plan, and it's worked so far.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't drink or do drugs. Too many video games to have time for that.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do you also not hang out with other people

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm relaxing at KCB's coworker's place. Just chilling on a couch and browsing the internet. What's up everybody? How's everybody's Saturday going?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
weed is pretty cheap compared to most of my hobbies honestly

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Have you heard of social links

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

If you don't smoke weed, you'll probably save money, which you can spend on video games. That's my plan, and it's worked so far.

if you live in a state where you can grow it, you don't even need to spend money :eng101:

precision posted:

weed is pretty cheap compared to most of my hobbies honestly

i mean as much as i love the herb i don't really consume it at an astronomical rate so yeah it's a very cheap past time for me. i've met guys who are like "dude what i clear an ounce in a week" and i'm like "wow an ounce lasts me like a year"

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 23, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Free the post

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Not really, no. My job basically kills any real social life I could have had, so when I do have free time I usually just spend it by myself.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I spend more on coffee than most people spend on weed tbh

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Jay Rust posted:

Hey I'm around drunk or high friends while sober often and I don't have a worse time for it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Coffee is really cheap though

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nina posted:

Hey I'm around drunk or high friends while sober often and I don't have a worse time for it.

this is a perfectly fine way to live, i will extol the virtues of the fair-trees but if you don't wanna blaze it, it's a free country baby

Dr Cheeto posted:

I spend more on coffee than most people spend on weed tbh

i've never gotten into coffee, too bitter. people say add sugar and milk but if i'm not looking for a huge dose of caffeine, i think that defeats the purpose, right?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

drunk people kinda suck if you are not also

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can't drink because of medical reasons and I've never had problems hanging around with my often drunk friends.

I've gotten drunk exactly once in my life and for that I needed to stop taking my medication for like a week beforehand.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

The White Dragon posted:

i've never gotten into coffee, too bitter. people say add sugar and milk but if i'm not looking for a huge dose of caffeine, i think that defeats the purpose, right?

I didn't really like it until I tried some locally roasted poo poo and now I roast my own beans weekly. Fresh coffee properly roasted and brewed isn't half as bitter as what most people think of when they think of coffee. As to the purpose, I love the taste and I find that the ritual of making coffee is soothing. I hardly feel the caffeine but I know it affects people differently, and good decaf is hard to find unless you're roasting it yourself.

If you're interested there's a great thread in Goons With Spoons or whatever the cooking form is called now. You don't have to spend a lot to roast and brew good coffee, I'm just a crazy person.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Not really, no. My job basically kills any real social life I could have had, so when I do have free time I usually just spend it by myself.

Same here buddy. Just sit at home alone drinking and playing video games on the weekend while hoping no work stuff I need to do comes in.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't gotten far enough in to roast my own stuff but it would be heavenly to have my apartment smell like a roaster daily

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chumbler posted:

Same here buddy. Just sit at home alone drinking and playing video games on the weekend while hoping no work stuff I need to do comes in.

:cheers:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
My choice of drug is video games. And so far it is ruining my life. LIVING ON THE EDGE!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when you adhere to the eightfold path and shun drugs + alchohol...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
PUBG style Kirby Air Ride City Trial.....

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

You too can wear a diaper on your head and rear

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oddium posted:

i always name my meditites winston because they look like the boy from chulip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm Lizard Wizard, and weed is good. Thank you.

• Locked thread