Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

iospace posted:

Here's my somewhat serious predictions, in order of likelyhood:
1. Hibiki gets taken back down to normal. No divine power lingers at all.
2. Hibiki gets taken back down to "normal", but she's not back to 100% normal. Some divine power lingers, but she can't tap into it at will.
3. Hibiki dies.
4. Hibiki remains a god, able to tap into at will.

Honestly, 1 and 2 do feel a bit even, knowing this series. E12 can't get here fast enough.

Oh, I'd expect 4 to happen miles before 3. Killing Hibiki - especially now, and especially in this manner - would make very little emotional or thematic sense to me, and from a marketing standpoint dumping one of your most popular and iconic characters when you already know that you'll be looking to sell another season would be...unwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh, I'd expect 4 to happen miles before 3. Killing Hibiki - especially now, and especially in this manner - would make very little emotional or thematic sense to me, and from a marketing standpoint dumping one of your most popular and iconic characters when you already know that you'll be looking to sell another season would be...unwise.

My thing is I don't think it would make sense to have her have full access to god-like powers all the time. Gotta have some drama! But yeah, she's not dying anytime soon.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

iospace posted:

My thing is I don't think it would make sense to have her have full access to god-like powers all the time. Gotta have some drama! But yeah, she's not dying anytime soon.

Yeah, that'd be hard and I don't expect it, but they could probably successfully write around it if they were willing to shake the setting up in some big ways and throw in a hand wave about it not working on next season's villains because *incomprehensible mystical technobabble*.

Easier to make work than "lol the best character in the show is gone forever now" at least, lol

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

Easier to make work than "lol the best character in the show is gone forever now" at least, lol

But they've already done this???

:rip: Dr Ver

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, that'd be hard and I don't expect it, but they could probably successfully write around it if they were willing to shake the setting up in some big ways and throw in a hand wave about it not working on next season's villains because *incomprehensible mystical technobabble*.

counterpoint: Kanade was killed in Ep 1.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

iospace posted:

counterpoint: Kanade was killed in Ep 1.

What are you, Kanadian? :rimshot:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Eela6 posted:

So, here's my predictions.

The Gears (-Kirika) will show up and ineffectually battle Hibiki.
She will need to be taken out by Gungnir, which they don't have (since hibiki has it).
Maria will psych herself up to take it back, but fail. Such is Maria's lot in life.

Miku and Kirika will show up and appeal to the 'real' Hibiki, and somehow get Gungnir from her.
Miku & the gears will use the spear to activate X-Drive and fight Hibiki. (I don't know who uses the spear - probably Miku, but maybe St. Germaine?)
With X-Drive & Gungnir hey will "destroy" Hibiki, but it's a fake-out; Miku believes that Hibiki's fist only destroys evil, and Hibiki ain't evil

Chris will be alone, forever.

Ed: I hope the last episode has a Tsubasa concert as part of the epilogue.

Sindai posted:

Germaine is going to sacrifice herself somehow. We've already got an alchemist, don't need another.

You two are forgetting that Val Verde still needs rebuilding, and there are now two cranky, gun-slinging ex-slaves who have a potential interest in lending a hand.

They could bond over stories about how awful Finé was.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Clearly Hibiki needs godlike power in order to do her homework in time.

Also I am glad Kirika was ok.

Also also I am really liking all the combination attacks. I want to see them all. And the Miku/Hibiki one next season

Also also also I still love the little robot voice that goes dainslef

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

McDragon posted:

tbh that bit in season... 3? where they click the dainsleif multiple times in succession was the hypest poo poo ive seen since gurren lagann

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

McDragon posted:

Clearly Hibiki needs godlike power in order to do her homework in time.

Also I am glad Kirika was ok.

Also also I am really liking all the combination attacks. I want to see them all. And the Miku/Hibiki one next season

"Aren't you a god?" "IT'S NOT HELPING!"

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

iospace posted:

"Aren't you a god?" "IT'S NOT HELPING!"

"Hibiki, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say NO!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb5-LLQ3FjY

Alternatively, replace no with yes and this line can be saved for episode 12/13

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 19, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eela6 posted:

What are you, Kanadian? :rimshot:

You tell me :haw:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I thought I linked it in the op, but I actually didn't: this blog has translations of some extra materials from the website, interviews, artbooks, etc. For this season specifically there's some further information on some of the macguffins, Germain's backstory, and a few of the details of how God works. Nothing crucial, but stuff that's nice to know.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hibiki gonna pull a Goku.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Endorph posted:

I thought I linked it in the op, but I actually didn't: this blog has translations of some extra materials from the website, interviews, artbooks, etc. For this season specifically there's some further information on some of the macguffins, Germain's backstory, and a few of the details of how God works. Nothing crucial, but stuff that's nice to know.
My favorite part is that the government produces an anime and manga about singing magical girls as a propaganda tool to help keep the symphogears deniable.

And Chris is a big fan of it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
we need more utazukin material

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
"hey what's the most exciting thing you have planned for your birthday"

Me: don't say watching Symphogear raws

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Eela6 posted:

"hey what's the most exciting thing you have planned for your birthday"

Me: don't say watching Symphogear raws

"witnessing the birth of our new lord and savior"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lessail posted:

"witnessing the birth of our new lord and savior"

:pray:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm on pins and needles for the conclusion tomorrow.

Also, an important tweet.

https://twitter.com/tyuga3/status/910854690497114113

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so it's a fanbook full of illustrations of Chris eating things

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

I'm on pins and needles for the conclusion tomorrow.

We've still got one more ep after this, right? Going to episode 13? I'd expect today's ep to deal with Godbiki and then one more ep to deal with some final twist - probably either God going crazy after they pull Hibiki out or Adam doing one last bit of bullshit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

so it's a fanbook full of illustrations of Chris eating things
the artist has been drawing chris eating for a year or more

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
They don't have to resolve anything, they could make us wait for season 5.

More like season F5... :f5:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I'm fully expecting a cliffhanger or some sort of unresolved threat they can continue into season 5 if it's gonna be the last one.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Demicol posted:

I'm fully expecting a cliffhanger or some sort of unresolved threat they can continue into season 5 if it's gonna be the last one.

I'm expecting some combination of Granpappy Tsubasa getting real mad at the Symphogears for not being as evil as he is and declaring them rogue and/or the aliens/gods to make their presence known.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sneak preview of the symphogear season 4 ending:

"Save an alchemist's life and what do you get? Nothing. Worse than nothing. Just a big stupid god."

"Don't bad mouth the god. The god's cool, man."

"It's the thought that counts. The moral is, communication should be the first and last option for all conflict."

"But we killed Prelati and Cagliostro and nothing bad happened because of that."

"Well then, I guess the moral is, you should rely on your friends."

"Wait a minute. Germain isn't our friend. She just helped us because Adam was an rear end in a top hat robot."

"Maybe there is no moral to this story."

"Exactly! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened."

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
mods ban endorph for untagged spoilers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

graybook posted:

mods ban endorph for untagged spoilers

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Hello

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph is a rascal. User loses scooter privileges for 6 hours.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did someone actually report that post or

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

did someone actually report that post or

nope, just moseying about the forum!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

nope, just moseying about the forum!
search -> mods

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

search -> mods

nope, I saw iospace had posted and came in to see what she had posted

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Endorph is a rascal. User loses scooter privileges for 6 hours.

satisfactory

This is.... maybe roundabout spoilers for e12 but Alchemist Trio confirmed for the 2018 live!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

nope, I saw iospace had posted and came in to see what she had posted
how was the simpsons joke to somebody who has never watched symphogear (im assuming you haven't)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

how was the simpsons joke to somebody who has never watched symphogear (im assuming you haven't)

I don't recall that particular simpsons scene. :sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its from season 2 so understandable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
12:
Miku is very powerful.

Adam remains one of the less compelling Symphogear antagonists, if only because it took him way too long to freak out and lose his poo poo over Hibiki. The great hero Doctor Ver figured that out right away and pretty much always justifiably lost his composure as soon as Hibiki showed up.

• Locked thread