Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

#THIS

XSeed Facebook page.

Edit: Pursuant to the above, it turns out that the picture doesn't include EVERYONE who's getting a voice, so there's still a chance for voiced Becky.

I dunno about that...

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/910982428696576000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Anyone else suddenly want a fighting game with trails level dialogue because of that image.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I mean, there was Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki: Alternative Saga (+Lloyd). It just never came over here. :(

A new one would be nice.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Am I just really underleveled or is Hummel supposed to start like 6 levels higher

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

he's a tough guy don't worry about it

being underleveled is good anyway because you unlock new skills faster

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He was a couple of levels higher for me but not six I don't think. Level seems to matter a lot less in 8 than other Ys games though.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i dunno this lvl 80 boss is owning the heck out of me

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I think he started at the same level, but I kill more than 100 enemies per hour since 6k dead at 50 hours.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ill often unlock a new intercept mission and go do it right away and have it be like 3 levels higher than me at minimum.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

At worst theyve been the same level as me, usually below me, only at the start of chapter 5 though. I have a bit of an issue with not murdering things that drop items in games with crafting and no time limits though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:prepop: 5 days

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Tita, why are the lenses of your goggles different shapes?

E: Does anyone know if the double damage from the Hades quartz in CS2 (2x damage for the first art used) kicks in for ATS-based S-Crafts, or do those count purely as crafts?

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 23, 2017

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
FWIW, Konami is streaming Falcom JDK band from TGS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsfuaptUz9Y

Edit: over.

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 23, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

E: Does anyone know if the double damage from the Hades quartz in CS2 (2x damage for the first art used) kicks in for ATS-based S-Crafts, or do those count purely as crafts?

Hades doesn't affect S-Crafts, but it does affect Lost Arts.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So what ever happened to "XSEED's doing a thing on friday!"?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Supremezero posted:

So what ever happened to "XSEED's doing a thing on friday!"?

Official Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/xseedgames/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They went 'hey look at this funny localisation thing from Zwei 2 also the games delayed til Autumn sorry'

E: oh that might actually be worse

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

They said time and time and time again it wasn't a game, you morons

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
They even gave the Estelle stare to emphasize the point.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Finished my FC Chapter 1 replay with..... 900 screenshots. Pretty sure I took atleast one screenshot of every NPC in Bose.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I am extremely annoyed I did all the necessary prep work to take down Lorence: Not loving Around Edition and still wound up 6 BP short somehow.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

They said time and time and time again it wasn't a game, you morons

i feel bad because they cant promote literally anything ahead of time without people thinking its zero no kiseki or something

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can't believe xseed had the balls to have someone sneeze in a way that made it sound like they were announcing a localization of relics: recur of origin and it turned out they weren't going to localize relics: recur of origin. what ginormous trolls

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

I am extremely annoyed I did all the necessary prep work to take down Lorence: Not loving Around Edition and still wound up 6 BP short somehow.

If it helps at all, there's no extra prize in FC for hitting max BP and the bonus you get when you carry over your save to SC is pretty minor.

Also, I can give you my max BP save if you want it?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

If it helps at all, there's no extra prize in FC for hitting max BP and the bonus you get when you carry over your save to SC is pretty minor.

Also, I can give you my max BP save if you want it?

Nah it's no big deal, I'm playing on Normal anyway.

Also "hey here are new orbments, btw your quartz are worthless now lol" EAT MY ENTIRE rear end

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Enjoy your 200 health restoring Tear, bitch

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Oxxidation posted:

Did you do the sidequest in the epilogue?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zaggitz posted:

Did you do the sidequest in the epilogue?

Yeah, I did all the quests. Not sure where the missing BP went.

Also in SC I'm getting really bad frame-hitching whenever I exit combat, it's giving me a headache. Is this common?

e: disabling v-sync seems to have helped a little bit. not like vertical sync is very noticeable with graphics this retro, anyway

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 23, 2017

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

You can pretty easily go through your notebook to check where you missed it if you grab one of the dozens of checklists.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

Also in SC I'm getting really bad frame-hitching whenever I exit combat, it's giving me a headache. Is this common?

e: disabling v-sync seems to have helped a little bit. not like vertical sync is very noticeable with graphics this retro, anyway

Are you using dx9? It was implemented fairly recently and is still kinda janky for some

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's hosed up that La Tear had to die so Breeze could be the new aoe heal

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Oxxidation posted:

G-Sync will make it get hitchy too if you have that enabled and are on a high refresh rate monitor. Game is kinda odd with V-sync in general DX8 or DX9 on my monitor unless both are off. :shrug:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Colonel posted:

Man, I'm getting all nostalgic for the Arts from Sky now.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The Colonel posted:

Also hosed up that Aerial (and Arts in general) got nerfed to hell too. I don't think I've used offensive Arts in CS except for enemies that have high physical defense, and sometimes I just have Laura try to brute force her way through.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Also hosed up that Aerial (and Arts in general) got nerfed to hell too. I don't think I've used offensive Arts in CS except for enemies that have high physical defense, and sometimes I just have Laura try to brute force her way through.

Arts get a gigantic-rear end buff in CS2.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Arts are so overpowered in CS2 that I almost forgot crafts are a thing outside of Rean and Jusis.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Guys, think about it this way, with the nerfing of arts we got rid of monsters that explode when killed. I think its worth it.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

MythosDragon posted:

Guys, think about it this way, with the nerfing of arts we got rid of monsters that explode when killed. I think its worth it.

This is the correct opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

This is someone who didn't figure out that level 5 Criminal and Fire Bell let you take nigh-infinite turns.

Not that getting infinite turns in Cold Steel is hard, naturally, but it's another option. Plus, free criticals.

Tae posted:

Arts are so overpowered in CS2 that I almost forgot crafts are a thing outside of Rean and Jusis.

Turns out when you're delaying something into oblivion, how you kill it is almost irrelevant.