Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

He put powder on there instead of mist. What a jabroni

Powder is better than mist because it is easily delivered by either a sports entertainment performance competitor or a manager, preferably a Sneaky Oriental.

Dick shots just aren't very awesome, I'm sorry :( The thing is, my list is based on the magnitude of totally owning somebody, and dick shots/kicks are generally very desperate looking maneuvers.

You guys have a very strong point with the rolling neck snap. That move is excellent.

Also, halloween jack has a very good point with the "handful of tights" move. This especially counts if you're already winning, and just grab the tights for fun or to give the ladies in the audience a show. Extra bonus points if the move isn't used as a pin, but instead to grasp and then yank your opponent back so you can forearm him in the kidney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

In your opinion who is the coolest person in the history of wrestling? Because right now I'm thinking it's gotta be a photo finish between Terry Funk, Roddy Piper and Bobby Heenan. What do you think?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sandman McMahon posted:

In your opinion who is the coolest person in the history of wrestling? Because right now I'm thinking it's gotta be a photo finish between Terry Funk, Roddy Piper and Bobby Heenan. What do you think?

It's Bad News Allen because he wouldn't take poo poo from racists like Roddy Piper.

A guy who challenges Andre the Giant to a fight because Andre wouldn't stop using the N word is the coolest mother fucker on the planet.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I met Terry Funk once at a show, his pen wouldn't work signing an autograph so he spent like a minute having people bring him pens, he insisted he wasn't going to let us leave until we got our drat autograph. Then took a pair of pictures with us because he didn't like how the first one came out. Coolest man alive

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Sandman McMahon posted:

I thought we discussed Big Sexy at length already.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

me

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Platypus Farm posted:

It just occurred to me that I am so glad they got rid of BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s horrible reverse choke slam in exchange for the always awesome running power slam. The Running Power Slam is fourth in my list of Good Wrestling Moves

1) eye poke
2) back rake
3) Figure Four Leg Lock
4) Running Power Slam
5) Hold up legs by the feet and head butt/elbow the "stomach"
6) Atomic Drop
7) Reverse Atomic Drop
8) off the top-rope double ax handle
9) foreign object in the pants
10) unknown powder blown into face

Flip 1 and 2 and I'm right there with you.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Actually, I've spotted another problem with the list;

I mean, its GOOD, but top ten? No my friend, top ten worthy would be "Ref FINDS foreign object in the trunks during prematch pat down, the heel gives a "cant blame a guy for trying" shrug and then later in the match he pulls a SECOND foreign object from his trunks/boot and uses it" If you arent a sucker for a "Those were my DECOY brass knucks!" then are you even really a wrestling fan?

List remains bullshit, all I'm saying.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rush is probably the coolest because who's going to tell Rush that he isn't

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
All 10 should be eye pokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B64vHLuUkio

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I'm a big fan of Jerry Lawler's phantom foreign object. Is it a roll of quarters? A Popsicle stick? Completely mimed? I love it.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sandman McMahon posted:

Oatgan
edit: beaten

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Sandman McMahon posted:

It's the Rock and always will be.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SiKboy posted:

Actually, I've spotted another problem with the list;

I mean, its GOOD, but top ten? No my friend, top ten worthy would be "Ref FINDS foreign object in the trunks during prematch pat down, the heel gives a "cant blame a guy for trying" shrug and then later in the match he pulls a SECOND foreign object from his trunks/boot and uses it" If you arent a sucker for a "Those were my DECOY brass knucks!" then are you even really a wrestling fan?

List remains bullshit, all I'm saying.

I've seen spots where the wrestler moves around the foreign object while the ref checks. Hold it under his arm, put it in his trunks, step on it, hide in the turnbuckle, etc

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Oatgan
edit: beaten

my man

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I agree that oatgan being beaten would be cool.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Honest to god when I'm having a bad day I watch corgi flop and this and it makes my life better for a while.

edit: coolest wrestler is a toss up between rowdy roddy piper and ricky steamboat and bret hart and its not even close after that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sandman McMahon posted:

Batista

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I saw two videos of Stone Cold talking over big matches of his. His Wrestlemania 13 and X7 matches. Does anyone have other instances of Stone Cold (or any wrestler) commenting their own match like that?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TTBF posted:

I saw two videos of Stone Cold talking over big matches of his. His Wrestlemania 13 and X7 matches. Does anyone have other instances of Stone Cold (or any wrestler) commenting their own match like that?
Another Austin one
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3l7gf6

Unforgiven 2001 vs Kurt Angle

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

TTBF posted:

I think I've seen Triple H's commentary on RR 2000 match against Cactus Jack but I can't find anything.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dexie posted:

There's a story about Metallica wanting to play at a PPV and Vince nixing the idea because he didn't want some no-name band performing. I think that's how the story went, anyway.

I love Vince. Unironically.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
I don't have links because I'm on my phone, but there's a bunch on DVDs and Blu-rays, and Austin did a podcast one for the Mankind/Rock title match where Foley won for the first time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

It's Bad News Allen because he wouldn't take poo poo from racists like Roddy Piper.

A guy who challenges Andre the Giant to a fight because Andre wouldn't stop using the N word is the coolest mother fucker on the planet.

He's even cooler due to the aftermath, where he blew off enough steam overnight to confront Andre and talk to him about how that poo poo wasn't cool no matter how much some people "make fun of the Polish." And they eventually smoothed things over with Andre apologizing.

Then again, Bad News did take some literal poo poo from Andre, but that's a different story entirely.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TTBF posted:

Rock did his PPV debut match on his YouTube channel.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

remusclaw posted:

I'm a big fan of Jerry Lawler's phantom foreign object. Is it a roll of quarters? A Popsicle stick? Completely mimed? I love it.

It's a doughnut hole.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
hacksaw jim duggan's roll of tape that he keeps tucked up between his dick and nuts would also fall into that category

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

checksin posted:

hacksaw jim duggan's roll of tape that he keeps tucked up between his dick and nuts would also fall into that category

the trademark warm, vaguely damp foreign object of Jim Duggan

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Mention of Mr perfect led me to discovering he died nearly 15 years ago :(

Who actually originated the fisherman suplex anyway?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Spuckuk posted:

Mention of Mr perfect led me to discovering he died nearly 15 years ago :(

Who actually originated the fisherman suplex anyway?

I know Harley Race used it before him

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
So my girlfriend and I work in a hospital in central Ohio. She gets home from work yesterday and asks me if I know of a wrestler with the last name Arcidi. I said, "Uh... Ted? I think Ted Arcidi is a wrestler. Or was." She says that's him. Apparently his brother is a new surgeon at our hospital.

So that leads to my questions, which is why the hell do I know the name Ted Arcidi? Were there any notable accomplishments or facts about him? Did he have a major role anywhere?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

3 A.M. Radio posted:

So my girlfriend and I work in a hospital in central Ohio. She gets home from work yesterday and asks me if I know of a wrestler with the last name Arcidi. I said, "Uh... Ted? I think Ted Arcidi is a wrestler. Or was." She says that's him. Apparently his brother is a new surgeon at our hospital.

So that leads to my questions, which is why the hell do I know the name Ted Arcidi? Were there any notable accomplishments or facts about him? Did he have a major role anywhere?

He's basically the textbook definition of Vince signing someone not because of their skill, but because of their notoriety for something else: "Bench pressed 705 lbs? Sign him! Make him a superstar!" (Fails to see if guy can actually wrestle)

In his brief run, he even got a WWF action figure.

He later turned to acting. He played Liz's doorman in episode of 30 Rock!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I think that's also the guy who had a very good match with Bret Hart, which led everyone to believe he was much better than he really was

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

I think that's also the guy who had a very good match with Bret Hart, which led everyone to believe he was much better than he really was

Nope that was Megaman Tom Mcgee.

Edit: I just realized when people were saying Ted Arcidi I was thinking Ken Patera. God, there were so many Mountainously muscled flops.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 24, 2017

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

3 A.M. Radio posted:

ted arcidi sucked rear end and never did anything in wrestling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Do you watch youtube videos titled BIG MUSCLE ACTION BIG BEARS HOT STRONGMEN CHECK OUT THE TRAPS?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Massive powerlifter Ted Arcidi takes on 365 pound musclebear Big John Studd. Equal exchanges of punishment in this long match with Arcidi taking more abuse than ever I've ever seen!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the ultimate musclebear match

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

remusclaw posted:

Nope that was Megaman Tom Mcgee.

Edit: I just realized when people were saying Ted Arcidi I was thinking Ken Patera. God, there were so many Mountainously muscled flops.

Patera wasn't a flop, at least, when he was a heal he wasn't. Hell, I think WWE still has his swinging full nelson "Banned"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Is there an official reason why the 1995 Rumble has one minute intervals as opposed to the usual ninety seconds?