Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm just doing all 3 factions? One on each class. Dead Orbit Warlock. FWC Titan. Hunter whatever the gently caress the 3rd one is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

FishBulb posted:

I N D I G O
M A T R I X
AESTHETIC

I heard that if you go full Indigo Matrix on ur armor, an Arc Soul follows you playin baporwave

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Future Whore Cult

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

You love it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So i finally was able to jump on, got the powerful gear stuff done.

MIDA is a plague upon the crucible. I'd be chugging along just fine, sometimes kd well over 2, sometimes under one. poo poo happens. Win some, lose some, still fun.

Then every half hour to hour I'd run into lile 3 or 4 guys using MIDA and it instantly made the match a slog. Sucked all the fun out of it. I could equip my MIDAs, but dammit that's not what i want to do.

Guess i just gotta get good enough to beat the sys-hahahahaha no I kinda suck.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Attention fellow goons, every map of the Pleasure Gardens sucks (except the day 1 MS Paint one) so I drew us a new one. And since it was going to end up on Reddit anyway I posted it there as well.

Detailed Map with legend, paths and prism sightlines, add spawn locations, etc.

Simplified Map

Drain 001 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 24, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
My biggest issue with the quickplay playlist in the crucible is the score limits are way too high. Every single game I've played hit the time limit, which feels odd because every other mp game is the opposite. They need to lower the score requirements to win matches or increase the time limit. Although if they increase the time limit they should make the mercy rule more prevalent to avoid one sided stomps that take forever.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

ratbert90 posted:

Ashir: Guardian! You gotta come on. Jus'... You gotta come with me.
Ghost: What, Ashir? What.. what’s going on?
Ashir: I got a *belch* surprise for you, Guardian.
Ghost: It's the, it's the middle of the night. What are you talking about?
Ashir: *spills booze* Come on, I got a surprise for you. Come on, hurry up.
Ashir: We gotta go, gotta get outta here, come on. Got a surprise for you Guardian.
Ashir: What do you think of this... flying vehicle, guardian? I built it outta stuff I found in the city.
Ghost: Yeah, Ashir... I-It's great. Is this the surprise?
Ashir: Guardian. I had to... *belch* I had to do it. I had- I had to- I had to make a bomb, Guardian. I had to create a bomb.
Ghost: What?! A bomb?!
Ashir: We're gonna drop it down there just get a whole *belch* fresh start, Guardian. Create a whole fresh start.
Ghost: T-t-that's absolutely crazy!
Ashir: Come on, Guardian. Just take it easy, Guardian. It's gonna be good. Right now, we're gonna go pick up your friend Cayde.

Is this a contest entry?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Just loving lol if mida bugs you in the cruicable. Get gud.

Also get a side arm with rapid fire and play the close game.

Insane Totoro posted:

Is this a contest entry?
Sure!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Best counter to MIDA is the mini tool.

Of course to get the most benefit you have to have MIDA on too, but you can sprint into their grill and pepper them with SMG fire and then finish off with a punch.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

ratbert90 posted:

Just loving lol if mida bugs you in the cruicable. Get gud.

Also get a side arm with rapid fire and play the close game.

I found a little niche with scathelocke at range, Death Adder (really nice submachine gun) from the hip while closing, then knife.

And of course, quickfanging people around corners. That sword is fun as poo poo.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

xzzy posted:

Best counter to MIDA is the mini tool.

Of course to get the most benefit you have to have MIDA on too, but you can sprint into their grill and pepper them with SMG fire and then finish off with a punch.

Yeah i probably could've done that too, it's similar to what i did (posted above). Already have 8 or 9 mobility (hunter), makes closing easy.

I will also say: popping invisibility, pulling out the sword and running at a group of enemies is just :discourse:

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Anyone up for the Nightfall?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Legs Benedict posted:

as someone who still hasn't really connected with hand cannons in a meaningful way yet in D2, sell me on it?

Better Devils archetype and stats, good recoil direction, increased AA when moving during ADS. Something about it works for me.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
You eventually get enough points to unlock all abilities, even if you can't use them at once, right? Bunch of them sound cool.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Just do some adventures that reward upgrade points

How does invis work in pvp? Can you see a shimmer or what

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Yeah it's the same as pve. I've been killed while rushing while invis. I ... am pretty sure an ally wasn't directly behind me.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

It's pretty easy to see an invis person in crucible, just look for the same effects invis fallen have.
If you're busy fighting someone else though, there's a good chance you won't know they're coming or there until it's too late.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Found a Warmind Vault door in a cave on Io. Probably already known about, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Coldforge posted:

Yes, thank you, I'm aware. These are spots that can be one of two or three different events (taken blights, cabal intel, etc).

getting heads 7 times in a row isn't some insane broken RNG though

it's like how some people have gotten 7 Riskrunners and i got 17 Exotics before i got my first duplicate

random gonna random, embrace it :newlol:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
What's a great PvE sniper that isn't just a linear fusion rifle?

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Found a Warmind Vault door in a cave on Io. Probably already known about, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

In Destiny I would say "Oh look, hooks for DLC stuff to slot in." but in Destiny 2 that is probably used as part of an Adventure. I know a few on Io are a bit more involved than you would expect.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

poor life choice posted:

What's a great PvE sniper that isn't just a linear fusion rifle?

That one Scout Rifle that's full auto and has quick reload. Scorpion something? It's Purp, not Exotic.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Unless I missed something, I don't like that you can't control when to activate your melee ability. It's made me use melee less instead of more. Always annoying when you forget and activate it at an inopportune time.

Also I don't like mapping functions to button holding, but Destiny's far from the first offender.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
So are linear fusion rifles for PvE? Do they do a buncha damage or something? I was a big Queenbreaker's Bow fan in D1 but have struggled to see the point of the Tarantula in PvP

Rinkles posted:

Unless I missed something, I don't like that you can't control when to activate your melee ability. It's made me use melee less instead of more. Always annoying when you forget and activate it at an inopportune time.

Also I don't like mapping functions to button holding, but Destiny's far from the first offender.

Yea and this is even more annoying with the melee power coming online once every minute or so

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Norns posted:

I think you'll find this is a dressup game first and foremost :colbert:

Then they better step up their game. poo poo looks horrible. :colbert:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's the PS exclusive strike?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Calaveron posted:

lake of shadows, the one on earth where you fight the taken along the dam and then the boss is a taken phalanx in a room with little cover that fills up with water that hurts you

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I'm dying here. I can't wait for the ashir expac

Ghost: He bails on everybody! He bailed on Ikora when she was a kid! He -- He bailed on tiny planet! And in case I never made this clear to you Ikora, he bailed on you. He left you to rot in a world that he ruined because he doesn't care! Because nobody's special to him, Ikora, not even himself. So, if you really want your Ashir back, grab a shovel. The one that won't let you down is buried in your backyard!
Ikora: You're right!
Ghost: What?! No, I'm not right. I-I was using ghoulish overkill! Ghoulish overkill, Summer!
Ghost: Oh, God! Oh, God! Whoa, whoa!
[ Thunder crashes ]
Transition into Ashir's mind
Skolas: Where are we going?
Ashir: To the day it all began and ended. The moment that changed everything.
McDonald's Drive-thru speaker: Welcome to McDonald's. Can I take your order?
Ashir: Yeah, I'd like to get a 10-piece McNugget and a bunch of the Szechuan sauce. Like, as much as you're allowed to give me. In 1998, they had this promotion for the Disney film "Mulan," where they -- were they -- they created a new sauce for the McNuggets called Szechuan sauce, and it's delicious! And then they got rid of it, and now it's gone. This is the only place we're gonna be able to try it, is in my memory.
Skolas: Ashir, you're doing this bit while your brain is melting.
Ashir: Okay. All right, all right.
Skolas: Is that--
Ashir: Me. I used to wear blue engrams.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I have my own clan but like I'd play with you lovable doofs....is there somewhere I can go for PS4 non-clan membership playtime????

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Some garbage bullshit I'm sure.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I didn't know you could use a tank for part of the arms dealer strike. That is so cool.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Man, I really dislike D2 PvP.

It's not even the Mida. Abilities have like two minute cooldowns. There aren't enough players. I can't pick the modes I want to play because there are just the two hoppers. It's a massive gently caress up at every step.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
It's Asher you stupid fucks

Also he just said "I have considered how to end my ghost. I would need to, in order to extricate the vex technology embedded in its shell. This is how I know that I am a coward: that I am unable to."

:( Asher...

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I think an xbone goon just invited me to a party right after i logged off to do some grading.

I'm sorry xbone goon.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Is Midnight Talons the best shader? Find out tonight at 11

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Is Midnight Talons the best shader? Find out tonight at 11

Midnight talons is my favorite when I don't want to look goddamn ridiculous. My Hunter uses a lot of it. My titan, however, is a big fan of dawn and dusk or nebula rose

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mithross posted:

Midnight talons is my favorite when I don't want to look goddamn ridiculous. My Hunter uses a lot of it. My titan, however, is a big fan of dawn and dusk or nebula rose

Dawn and Dusk is incredible and I would trade all of my shaders for just a couple more of it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

So Bungie isn't budging on consumable shaders? I know there was some uproar at the game's release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

So Bungie isn't budging on consumable shaders? I know there was some uproar at the game's release.

Why would they?
That poo poo rains down on you from the loving heavens.