Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

you can do better than Gillislee for Kelce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Not if its a 2QB league which it sounds like it is if he was flexing Bradford.

I think he was talking about needing to replace Diggs as his flex. Could be wrong though.

No reason he wouldn't have already been starting Carr and not have him on the bench if it was a 2 QB league.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Brownhat posted:

Streaming kickers? Just pick one. You only need to look at that position again during your kicker's bye week.

Did you read the posts I was quoting before responding to mine? They were saying streaming kickers was a viable strategy and I responded. You are literally arguing my own points back at me. :v:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

1 PPR. The other guy is looking to deal and says that he likes his WRs but wants to shake up his RBs a bit. I'm thinking I'd like to pry Evans off him if I somehow can but it will be difficult and would probably have to be a 2 for 2 deal, maybe an RB and a WR from both parties. I know he has interest in CMC. As a starting point for negotiations I'm thinking of something like "CMC + Fitz for Evans + (Crowell or Stewart)" but I'm honestly not sure I'm even getting the better of that deal (unless Fitz doesn't start getting back to his old self). There's very little trading in this league and I'm a little rusty. Am I better off just standing pat?

Me:

RB: Kareem Hunt, Christian McCaffrey, Tarik Cohen, Frank Gore, Duke Johnson
WR: Antonio Brown, Doug Baldwin, Larry Fitzgerald, Corey Davis, J.J. Nelson, Kenny Golladay

Him:

RB: Ty Montgomery, Isaiah Crowell, Jonathan Stewart, Chris Johnson
WR: Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Emmanuel Sanders, Sterling Shepard, Josh Doctson

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

on the bored wop posted:

1 PPR. The other guy is looking to deal and says that he likes his WRs but wants to shake up his RBs a bit. I'm thinking I'd like to pry Evans off him if I somehow can but it will be difficult and would probably have to be a 2 for 2 deal, maybe an RB and a WR from both parties. I know he has interest in CMC. As a starting point for negotiations I'm thinking of something like "CMC + Fitz for Evans + (Crowell or Stewart)" but I'm honestly not sure I'm even getting the better of that deal (unless Fitz doesn't start getting back to his old self). There's very little trading in this league and I'm a little rusty. Am I better off just standing pat?

Me:

RB: Kareem Hunt, Christian McCaffrey, Tarik Cohen, Frank Gore, Duke Johnson
WR: Antonio Brown, Doug Baldwin, Larry Fitzgerald, Corey Davis, J.J. Nelson, Kenny Golladay

Him:

RB: Ty Montgomery, Isaiah Crowell, Jonathan Stewart, Chris Johnson
WR: Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Emmanuel Sanders, Sterling Shepard, Josh Doctson

Honestly if i was him, i'd scoff at the offer of CMC + Fitz for Evans + Crowell/Stewart. I'd only consider it if i got both CMC + Fitz for Evans alone.

But you can offer it if he really wants CMC. It'd be a great outcome for you if you're able to get Evans + Crowell.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

VietCampo posted:

Honestly if i was him, i'd scoff at the offer of CMC + Fitz for Evans + Crowell/Stewart. I'd only consider it if i got both CMC + Fitz for Evans alone.

But you can offer it if he really wants CMC. It'd be a great outcome for you if you're able to get Evans + Crowell.

What if it were Baldwin instead of Fitz? I'm willing to be patient with Baldwin but that o-line has got me worried about their offense.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

on the bored wop posted:

What if it were Baldwin instead of Fitz? I'm willing to be patient with Baldwin but that o-line has got me worried about their offense.

I wouldn't do that, it's a bit early to give up on Baldwin, the Seahawks o-line has been absolute trash the last few years and he's still been able to put up WR1 numbers at the end.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I know, 89, Eagles, rah rah.

But, seriously. Start Eagles Defense tomorrow. Eagle D-Line vs. Giants O-Line has the potential to be one of the most hilarious mismatches all year. lol.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

on the bored wop posted:

The deal with Baldwin is much more fair, but I'd still probably decline if I were him. But it's a better start than the offer with Fitz.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

But, seriously. Start Eagles Defense tomorrow. Eagle D-Line vs. Giants O-Line has the potential to be one of the most hilarious mismatches all year. lol.

I'm in for a share. Flowers was played out of a career last week by DET.

I just hope PHI D/ST does better than my opponent's PIT@CHI. :ohdear:

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

I thought that in the quarter before he went down that RKelly was running noticeably well. As in, much better than Week 1. That's why I'm a hold on RKelly and don't necessarily believe that Perine is going to usurp lead-back duties at this time.

Appreciate the perspective. Been traveling all month and haven't been able to pay much attention; only watched a couple island games so far. Missed waivers this week then saw Perine was still available--but I guess I'll stick with Kupp in my last bench spot.

I'm in Quito, Ecuador right now, hoping to catch a game tomorrow from an American sports bar. Curious if I'll see any locals or just American tourists...

I'll miss next week's waivers too, but hopefully I'll get internet again in time to set my lineup. I'll have to be careful about TNF though.

Missing waivers sucks. I'm not degen enough to plan my travels around fantasy football but I did decide to skip big money leagues this year (e.g. Apex) for that reason.

Sorry for rambling; I'll blame the anti-malarials for that.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Well poo poo you're be having more fun than us miserable wretches, so there's that. I'm sure you'll find some sauced up American expat retirees around a bar showing NFL games.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I just sat Diggs for Higgins. God help me.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

89 posted:

:getin:
I made this choice too and have high hopes for entertainment. But on the other side of things I see now that J.J. Nelson is listed as questionable and he and Dez are basically my only people to play for WRs...

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

internet inc posted:

I'm starting Mark Ingram and James White after losing David Johnson week 1 and I don't like it one bit. Somehow Ertz was still on the board late so I picked him up as trade bait or Kelce backup.

I was offered his Mike Gillislee for my Travis Kelce and I need to be talked into refusing the trade? I'm worried that if I pass this up I'll never get another RB for my TE offer because what are the odds that someone else is loaded at RB but needs a TE? It probably doesn't make any sense but I'd rather not have Ertz putting up points on my bench all year.

Also I know Gillislee is sell high material, but the Pats are putting up points and they seem to rely on him to score TDs.

12-man Yahoo standard, send help. :ohdear:

can you flex TE and what does your flex look like? I'm in a 12 man with Gronk and Ertz and I'm just committing to flexing a TE, who is essentially a wr1/2. If you have a better flex, I would definitely consider it, but I'd rather have a non pats RB since you already have white and that will bone you on the bye week.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My expensive league has 4 moves a week (54 moves total all year), but no waivers. Predictably, I'm down to 1 more move open. I like to keep a couple open incase a RB gets injured, I can snipe his backup (it's dumb).

But, my QB is Mariota and he faces Seattle. BUT.... Cutler is on the wire. Against the Jets. I'm not sure what to do.

To note, if Mariota went down and Cutler wasn't there, my next best option for starting QB wpuld be Glennon, Hoyer, Goff, and Eli. It's a 10 man league but I'm the only one rostering 1 QB.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Reminder that we've got a London game; some of your roster spots are gonna lock in the next hour

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Looks like there is no structural damage for Bradford. Those reports that came out that said he was getting surgery were incorrect.

Article

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

My expensive league has 4 moves a week (54 moves total all year), but no waivers. Predictably, I'm down to 1 more move open. I like to keep a couple open incase a RB gets injured, I can snipe his backup (it's dumb).

But, my QB is Mariota and he faces Seattle. BUT.... Cutler is on the wire. Against the Jets. I'm not sure what to do.

To note, if Mariota went down and Cutler wasn't there, my next best option for starting QB wpuld be Glennon, Hoyer, Goff, and Eli. It's a 10 man league but I'm the only one rostering 1 QB.

Start Mariota. The benefit you'd get from sniping a backup times the probability you get a chance to make such a snipe this week is greater than the small chance that Cutler scores more than Mariota and that point difference matters for you this week.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

So the London game isn't even being shown on TV?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Varg posted:

closest it comes is streaming apps

and in classic nfl fashion it's the nfl app on xbox one and the yahoo app on xbox 360

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

Frustrated posted:

can you flex TE and what does your flex look like? I'm in a 12 man with Gronk and Ertz and I'm just committing to flexing a TE, who is essentially a wr1/2. If you have a better flex, I would definitely consider it, but I'd rather have a non pats RB since you already have white and that will bone you on the bye week.

I should have specified, there are no flex spots in that league. We start 3 WRs and 2 RBs.

I'm still on the fence. I don't want to be stuck with 2 TEs. Say all you want about the Pats backfield but it looks good for Gillislee going forward . Having J. White sucks but if they turn on Gillislee I can fall back on White I guess? We're not seeing much of Burkhead/Lewis and if we had known that, I'm pretty sure Gillislee would have been taken much earlier.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Varg posted:

Yeah it's a total mess.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/911953232817262592?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Jags owner went down and locked arms with his players, too.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
With Jordan Reed looking line he won't go, I need to drop someone for a TE. Who should I drop from this bench:

Luck
Hilton
DeVante Parker
Mixon
Ginn
Perine

Or should I just drop Reed himself?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

With Jordan Reed looking line he won't go, I need to drop someone for a TE. Who should I drop from this bench:

Luck
Hilton
DeVante Parker
Mixon
Ginn
Perine

Or should I just drop Reed himself?

In a vacuum, Ginn

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
ESPN 0.5PPR. Not sure who to start in my WR2 and FLEX spots.

M. Gordon vs KC
D. Hopkins @NE
K. Allen vs KC

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Why isn't Fournette getting the ball when they are up 5 touchdowns? Or is he just getting stuffed?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Maybe they don't want to put him at risk.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chernabog posted:

Maybe they don't want to put him at risk.

That would be my assumption. Every carry is wear and tear.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Sataere posted:

Did you read the posts I was quoting before responding to mine? They were saying streaming kickers was a viable strategy and I responded. You are literally arguing my own points back at me. :v:

No, what you mentioned is still more effort than kickers deserve.

Also, I totally should've listened to to voice in my head that said not to start the Ravens defense in what is basically home field for the Jaguars. -6 points

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I woke up this AM itching to pick up the Jags D in 3 leagues, and talked myself out of it because of Bortles

Kicking myself now.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

God dammit Baltimore defense.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

thrawn527 posted:

God dammit Baltimore defense.

Yeah this. Playing against Gurley this week too, so....

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Well the bigger surprise (for my team) is that TY Hilton actually did something this week

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

89 posted:

I knew I shouldnt have listened but I did anyway. Damnit 89.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Second highest scorer three weeks in a row!! I'm 0-3!!

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I just sat Diggs for Higgins. God help me.

Same, what an awful decision.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eifert was supposed to be a solid lock for TE on my team, but his persistent injuries have me considering dumping him. Is Jesse James (PIT) in a non-PPR league a worthwhile exchange? I just want like 5 to 6 points per game, at this rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
AAAAALLLLMOST sat D. Murray.

DSYS

• Locked thread