Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Godholio posted:

I thought everyone hated them?

Like with most things apple we all hated it on presentation, complained about the changes/price, but still bought the poo poo in droves like capitalist sheep anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i never bought them because $200 can get you something world's better and you'll still have plenty of money left over to buy replacements when you inevitably lose them.

i still use the wired ones that came with the 7.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 24, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So I was at the Apple store and they had two pairs of airpods left. Gal said they never make it to the shelves.

It's literally the eyepod episode of futurama.

Shut up and take my money!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

i never bought them because $200 can get you something world's better and you'll still have plenty of money left over to buy replacements when you inevitably lose them.

i still use the wired ones that came with the 7.

awesome, i'm happy for you

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

gip master class chefs: I have found the secret cooking textbooks that ALL world renowned chefs use.

George Herter's 2 volume Bull Cook and Authentic Historical Recipes and Practices.
http://neglectedbooks.com/?p=323

I know of Herter from the old times, and follow his instructions of raising baboons to furnish organ transplants for humans.
I tried raising leopards as well for their pelts as Herter advised, but the leopards kept eating the baboons, and honestly black market organs are the real money makers.

George Herter was legitly insane but extremely entertaining.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

awesome, i'm happy for you

the extra money in my pocket is happy for me too

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

When I feel like buying dumb poo poo like airpods now I try to think of that cost in terms of how many plane tickets it can buy me instead, then I don't buy it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

This conversation sure is clockwork

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I look at it in terms of bills. $200 is water for six months. Or lights for 3-4. Or some dumbass textbook I'll complain about having to buy.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol bunch of losers with your money

*dumps $500 on booze/weed every week* and the occasional lovely boxing fight

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I stopped smoking weed because it was too expensive and the 12 pack of beer in my fridge has been there for longer than I can remember.

*saves $500 on booze/weed every week and pays rent and builds a savings*

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

not gonna lie that extra money sure is nice

All said the airpods are actually quite nifty

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol bunch of losers with your money

*dumps $500 on booze/weed every week* and the occasional lovely boxing fight

As cheap as hash is now, I'm maybe spending $50 a week, and that's a heavy week. Most weeks I smoke 2-3g, bad weeks are more like 4g. If I tried to live with that habit anywhere it's illegal, it'd easily be $50/g, but here it's around $15-20/g.

I don't even want to remember paying black market prices for weed in the South.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

milk milk lemonade posted:

Rick and Morty is an insane show that plumbs the depths of nihilism and also For the Damaged Coda is deployed so expertly it almost makes me jizz

The three best cartoon series have all been on Adult Swim. Archer is badass, but it's not as good as R/M, Venture Bros, or Boondocks. Futurama being on the pantheon is a joke imo - it was a hell of a show but it has a huge number of bad episodes and the worst movie of all time. Farnsworths Parabox is almost perfect. The episodes about Frys brother and his dog were absolutely the two most emotional episodes of anything I've ever seen, but come on. Every episode with the Robot Devil is horrible and all the new seasons are godawful on the balance.

Netflix has some good poo poo going. Bojack and F is for Family are legit. Hope they got some more stuff coming

War is the H Word was pretty much perfect, though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Look at you fuckin scrubs buying expensive earphones

~ posted from the galaxy s7 I bought today

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I stopped smoking weed because it was too expensive and the 12 pack of beer in my fridge has been there for longer than I can remember.

*saves $500 on booze/weed every week and pays rent and builds a savings*

*spends $500 on treats for Monty every week because anything less would be animal abuse*

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Two Finger posted:

Look at you fuckin scrubs buying expensive earphones

~ posted from the galaxy s7 I bought today

~Posted from my sad galaxy s6 bought a year ago

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

orange juche posted:

~Posted from my sad galaxy s6 bought a year ago

~posted from my note4

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

~posted from the ipad pro i had work buy me for "productivity" reasons

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

POSTING FROM MY RYZEN 5 SIXTEENHUNDRED WITH MORE RAM THAN MY FIRST TEN HARDDRIVES HAD COMBINED, AND A 300 DOLLAR GRAPHICS CARD OF WHICH I CAN'T EVEN RECALL THE NAME LIKE FIVE WEEKS POST-PURCHASE :smug:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EVERY MORNING I OPEN PALM SLAM A MEMORY CARD INTO MY GALAXY S7

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I look at it in terms of bills. $200 is water for six months.

:stare:

gently caress Nevada. That's not even six weeks. And I live alone and water about 2/3 as often as the landlord wants.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I pay water/gas combined and it's metered out by the building (12 units) rather than individually. It's like 80 dollars until the dead of winter, then it's like 120 dollars.

It used to be more, but the Indian family with 6 children, a brother, and a grandmother moved about four months ago and the expenses went way down.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

:stare:

gently caress Nevada. That's not even six weeks. And I live alone and water about 2/3 as often as the landlord wants.

Dude my quarterly water and sewage bill is usually around $40.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I had a $4k water bill in Colorado once :smuggo: because I'm a retard who installed sod

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM CARTRIDGE INTO THE KEURIG. IT'S DUNKIN' DONUTS ORIGINAL BLEND AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START PRESSING BUTTONS ALONGSIDE THE KEURIG DISPLAY

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE POWER BUTTON ON MY EMACHINE. ITS WINDOWS 98 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START BOOTING MY GAMES FROM MY RAID ARRAY. I DO EVERY GAME AND I DO EVERY GAME HARD. MAKIN SCREECHING SOUNDS WHEN I HEADSHOT SOME NOOBS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP THE BOMB PLANT. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY CLUTCHED DUST2 AGAINST A KOREAN TEAM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE ON WON AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET CAN STILL BE IMMATURE PUBBIES. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE CALLOUTS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

:golfclap:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Weed names are getting a little out there. Hoping to find a batch of "tinder hookup" next.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Weed names are getting a little out there. Hoping to find a batch of "tinder hookup" next.

Is it gonna be laced in Fenatyl?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't think the denver weed stores would step on their own dicks like that.

I haven't cracked it open yet, but it better taste like right outside the gate strip club pussy or I'll be disappointed in their naming scheme.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm having a giggle that weed growers are concerned about their product being carbon-neutral.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I don't think the denver weed stores would step on their own dicks like that.

I haven't cracked it open yet, but it better taste like right outside the gate strip club pussy or I'll be disappointed in their naming scheme.

Wait that's a good taste?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I'm having a giggle that weed growers are concerned about their product being carbon-neutral.

The 100% wind power is good, the "child resistant" label makes me wonder how they test it.
Hope it fills your needs spongebob.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They could hand it to me wrapped in a thousand layers of packaging for "child protection" and I'll just cut it open with a kitchen knife. I'm just glad I can walk in a place and buy it without hassle or bullshit.

Most of the places I've gone recently either do similar plastic bag packaging, smaller bags for 1g. There are a few places that overpackage their product, usually wax. One recently was a glass container with a bottle cap lid wrapped in plastic and in a box, for one gram.

That's 2-3 weeks of hash. I'll be alright for a while.

LingcodKilla posted:

Wait that's a good taste?

Not good, more reminiscent. The taste of bad decisions and idiotic youth.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 24, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Through some wacky circumstances I am in a car with a guy who is autistic.

He is driving.

I have never been so loving afraid in my life.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

He is driving.

Tyler Durden is actually you

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

He is driving.

God help you if you end up near a rail crossing.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

He is driving.

time for wapner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

He is driving.

:rip:

• Locked thread