Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

tater_salad posted:

If there were words that I would put money on never happening together "self-administered hydrofluoric acid enema" would be really high on the list.

I still cant comphrend how someone could be that hosed up on cocaine to even consider the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I have launched a care package via USPS flat rate, estimated arrival monday or tuesday. It contains pants.

I blatantly lied to an agency of the government of the united states of america by stating that the package contained no liquids. I hope that does not backfire.

If it doesn't leak and isn't a flammable you can probably get away with it, but the postal inspectors do not gently caress around if they get interested.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's not gonna leak, and I'm like... 85% sure it's not flammable?

Flat rate includes tracking so I'll know pretty quickly if it gets turned around or impounded or whatever

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Just call it a low-viscosity solid.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It was solid when I took it out of the freezer and put in in the box.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

What does the truck have in the way of interior/windows? If you can fit your bedroll inside and it's reasonably weather-sealed, might be the safest place to camp in a bad storm. Less likely to blow away than the tent or camper skins.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I still cant comphrend how someone could be that hosed up on cocaine to even consider the idea.

Does coke even do that? PCP maybe, but...

:stonk:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Delivery McGee posted:

What does the truck have in the way of interior/windows? If you can fit your bedroll inside and it's reasonably weather-sealed, might be the safest place to camp in a bad storm. Less likely to blow away than the tent or camper skins.

I would say the tent is currently the best option, the mattress from the camper is the exact size as the footprint so it stays relatively planted and water resistant

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Tent inside the camper.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tent in the lee of the camper is probably best. I doubt there's a flat area inside the camper big enough for the tent's footprint.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Maybe with a tarp strung from the camper to the ground with the tent underneath it? Not sure of your clearances or if this would work but then you have additional rain shielding.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Put the tent under the truck.
Cons: Roof is much lower, giant spiders
Pros: Rain shielding, probably a lot less flies

In other news, got another shipment of tools headed out to Dave. Sending him an 18v Bostich impact driver, and some hex to socket bits, an extension and of course the spear.
If anyone wants to send him additional batteries or a charger, that would really help. I found this thing on a roof, so it only has one batter and I don't have a charger for it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The World's Fastest Dick - feelgood movie of the summer.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Um, title could use work

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Parsec Penis: Pump Patrol?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

glyph posted:

Does coke even do that? PCP maybe, but...

:stonk:

I can only imagine it had to involve multiple parties because people on coke can talk each other into anything.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Motor turns over*

*when turning the bike over.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

The biolite also acts as a phone charger, so there's that.
The Biolite I bought for Dave doesn't have the charging function, mostly because I didn't have $175 to spend on the top of the line model, being unemployed myself currently.
He needs to charge the stove blower every 30 hours or so via USB. It only takes about two hours to charge it from a wall charger or USB power bank for 30 hours of hot fire.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Sep 24, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'll give him $80 for that fairing because I just got gifted a '65 monza

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

MullardEL34 posted:

The Biolite I bought for Dave doesn't have the charging function, mostly because I didn't have $175 to spend on the top of the line model, being unemployed myself currently.
He needs to charge the stove blower every 30 hours or so via USB. It only takes about two hours to charge it from a wall charger or USB power bank for 30 hours of hot fire.

Oh, huh, I just assumed all Biolites charged.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Oh, huh, I just assumed all Biolites charged.

Same. If you have to charge anyway, might be worth going a little cruder, saving a couple bucks and picking up something like a sierra stove that you can swap out an AA. http://www.zzstove.com/sierra.html

Ok, a LOT cruder.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
14 eats curry cubes I don't know why we care about camp stoves.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

One of the most interesting thing about this thread is the divergence between what goons think Dave needs, and what Dave actually uses said gifts for.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

angryrobots posted:

One of the most interesting thing about this thread is the divergence between what goons think Dave needs, and what Dave actually uses said gifts for.

Don't kinkshame him.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

angryrobots posted:

To be fair,

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Don't kinkshame him.

I am celebrating not shaming

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

drat

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Offset the pivot to the other side.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

wait how'd you get a plug wire on there before? Probably worth cutting a chunk off that manifold.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

The plug wire isn't the issue, it's the brake pedal/lever sticking out of the firewall there. Doesn't clear the manifold.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Is the linkage at the normal rest point, and does it move towards or away from the firewall when operated?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'm pretty sure that's where it normally sits. When you press it down it moves away from the firewall.
Hence the no brakes issues, since it butts up against the manifold.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ok so it only has to get to florida, right? radical idea, tell me how stupid it would be: cut off that header, blank off the hole, pull that plug, and run without one cylinder?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I can't recall the exact details of the steering box clearance, but would a set of Camaro manifolds fit? The log style ones 87-92.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I mean maybe but where am I going to find Camaro parts in the midwest

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
There are probably 3000 ebay 350 headers for under $50 shipped.

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pts/d/sbc-ram-horn-exhaust-manifolds/6279200890.html

random local craigslist manifolds.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 24, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also so i think it rained because I got the stove because I'm entirely out of dry fuel and the only food I have left is dry spaghetti and dry rice and curry cubes. I made it into town then remembered my backpack is back in the trailer, but my expedited debit card should be here tomorrow. Is it at all possible to have someone call in one more pizza for a dine in order so I dont have to juggle a ton of poo poo on my bike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Also so i think it rained because I got the stove because I'm entirely out of dry fuel and the only food I have left is dry spaghetti and dry rice and curry cubes. I made it into town then remembered my backpack is back in the trailer, but my expedited debit card should be here tomorrow. Is it at all possible to have someone call in one more pizza for a dine in order so I dont have to juggle a ton of poo poo on my bike?

What do you want? Size/toppings/sides/drink? I'll be glad to spring for it.

• Locked thread