Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hm you could probably get use out of 'floating' i.e. floating loans and also the procedure you have to do about once a year to file a horse's teeth down because if you don't their teeth will grow unevenly and they'll chew their own mouth off while trying to eat, see blood, freak out, and die.

If you don't do this do their teeth just keep growing until they have giant walrus tusks :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hm you could probably get use out of 'floating' i.e. floating loans and also the procedure you have to do about once a year to file a horse's teeth down because if you don't their teeth will grow unevenly and they'll chew their own mouth off while trying to eat, see blood, freak out, and die.

How do they survive in the wild? :psyduck:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Volmarias posted:

Who the gently caress knows

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

MisterOblivious posted:

Who the gently caress knows

:wtc:

Nature, you're hosed up.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

A lot of domestic horses' health issues arise from stress and/or boredom, and presumably feral horses, despite not having a farrier and a loving horse dentist, are also less likely to break their legs from kicking their stable apart for entertainment or chew their own mouths off or whatever the gently caress.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Modern domestic horses, especially show/race horses, are pretty much the equivalent of all our stupid dog breeds. Like if you look at purebred dog with whatever hosed inbreeding it has that makes it unable to breathe/breed/run/causes it to sneeze it's eyeballs out and wonder how they survive in the wild, the answer is that they don't - wild dogs don't look like any of those things, which only survive because we expend a great deal of effort into keeping them going. Just like you get pretty stable mutts, actual working horses tend to be less suicidal, and wild horses don't have nearly as many problems.

Although they are also generally much smaller, have fairly drab coats, and less impressive performances.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So my mother was a doctor and she used to tell me that when she was in school one day she snuck in before class because her teacher would do his lectures by writing 5-6 words on the blackboard and just kinda lecture on each topic before going to the next one. Knowing this, she snuck in and wrote SMEGMA on the bottom of the list.

So the teacher finishes the last topic, turns around and says, "And that brings us to... smegma!?"

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Volmarias posted:

Welll true wild horses are almost extinct, there are few thousand Przewalski's horses in Mongolia but the closest relatives to domestic stock (tarpans) went extinct in the 1800s. Feral horses are lucky to make it to 10 years old whereas they regularly live into their 20s-30s under human care.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Youth Decay posted:

Welll true wild horses are almost extinct, there are few thousand Przewalski's horses in Mongolia but the closest relatives to domestic stock (tarpans) went extinct in the 1800s. Feral horses are lucky to make it to 10 years old whereas they regularly live into their 20s-30s under human care.

The Chernobyl horses are doing just fine.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

il serpente cosmico posted:

With futures (and manes) so bright they gotta where shades!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

cumshitter posted:

So my mother was a doctor and she used to tell me that when she was in school one day she snuck in before class because her teacher would do his lectures by writing 5-6 words on the blackboard and just kinda lecture on each topic before going to the next one. Knowing this, she snuck in and wrote SMEGMA on the bottom of the list.

So the teacher finishes the last topic, turns around and says, "And that brings us to... smegma!?"

And that professor's name was Albert Einstein.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm not comfortable answering a bunch of those questions, but I can tell you we talked about how the price per coin could bounce around a ton and he doesn't care even in the slightest. He's waaaaaay ahead already and this is such a big windfall for him that he cried a little in my office after the first transaction hit and we confirmed it.

I'm really glad this is all working out. Please do what you can to ensure your client doesn't get reposted here in the future.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

il serpente cosmico posted:

That's just because radiation gives you super powers.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

If I get bitten by a radioactive horse I wonder what powers I could get. Probably fragile legs and uncontrollable panic.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ashcans posted:

If I get bitten by a radioactive horse I wonder what powers I could get. Probably fragile legs and uncontrollable panic.

Poor old Ashcans, thought about the half-life of uranium and died

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Making 115k / year, still can’t (reasonably) afford an entry level luxury car

quote:

Seeing so many Audi, BMW, Mercedes, hell even Lambos over here in Montreal. I look at Canadian income statistics and according to those I’m part of the top 12%. I’ve always said I’d only use public transport until I’m reasonably able to afford a good quality car as I’ve always been passionate about them but am also very conscientious about my finances and retirement planning. But now, as a single 30 y/o man, I’m starting to think I’ll never be able to do so.

How much money should someone spend on a car? And where is the line between being financially responsible and enjoying good things in life? These are questions that have been lingering in my head for the past month.

I'm the $11,000 annual food budget for a single man

e. He hasn't maxed his RRSP (401k for you yanks)

e2: some guy:hey internet, please confirm my biases by telling me why gold is clearly a great investment

internet: ok

e3. You know this guy is gonna lose all his money to stupid MLM poo poo from his simple yet telling OP:

quote:

I wanna get rich, but I don't wanna sell drugs while doing so. Is there others ways to get rich without hurting people?

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 24, 2017

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Guest2553 posted:

e3. You know this guy is gonna lose all his money to stupid MLM poo poo from his simple yet telling OP:

quote:

[–]grimcanuck 0 points 21 hours ago

Work. Save. Invest. Live. Swing trade, day trade. Trade crypto. Getting rich is influenced by mind set more than anything.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Did you know that horses can grow mustaches?

Gallery here: https://imgur.com/gallery/dE1hL

legendof
Oct 27, 2014

Guest2553 posted:

His only other post is asking about what cryptocoin to buy

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

theHUNGERian posted:

Did you know that horses can grow mustaches?

Gallery here: https://imgur.com/gallery/dE1hL

:stonk: That looks horrifying.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

He's back!

Turbo tax screwed me over [WA]

quote:

I filled my taxes using turbotax. I deducted my house since I use it mostly for filming (I'm a YouTuber) and the software showed me a little green bar saying it was unlikely that I'd be audited.
It lied. According to certain tax laws I didn't know about and Turbotax didn't inform me of, you cannot deduct more than 1/29 of a business property acquisition each year. Turbotax never had a pop-up dialogue that said "Hey you can't claim more that 1/29 that property." Never happened.
I owe the IRS $150k. I think I can pay it off (maybe with a kickstarter or help from my paterons) but I think turbotax is at least partly responsible since it told me I was fine as I got audited. Do I have a case?

Choice comment from OP:

quote:

I tried to claim my divorce as a business expense since she was trying to take my business from me, common sense.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

spinst posted:

Choice comment from OP:

Please, I just gave blood and it's medically inadvisable for me to get this erect.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

If I get any wetter I'll need IV fluids

'They lied because they said I had a small chance of getting audited and got audited'

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

I hope failing an audit means he'll be audited again down the road. Call me crazy but I have a nagging feeling that he won't learn from any of this.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

meat police posted:

I hope failing an audit means he'll be audited again down the road. Call me crazy but I have a nagging feeling that he won't learn from any of this.

It's okay, he shouldn't be audited because he didn't lie, he just didn't know about the law:

quote:

It's not a lie. I legitimately did not know about that law. How am I supposed to know about every tax law there is? I owned you there.

owned

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Still calling it that he's not going to declare his patreon or kickstarter money and get audited on that too :allears:

SquirrelFace
Dec 17, 2009

ate all the Oreos posted:

Still calling it that he's not going to declare his patreon or kickstarter money and get audited on that too :allears:

Well how can they tax him on money that he's using to pay taxes?? Owned.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Jan posted:

It's okay, he shouldn't be audited because he didn't lie, he just didn't know about the law:

owned

When this was story was brought up a few pages ago, I posted a quote from Homer Simpson about taxes, and as this unfolds I swear Onision must be getting his advice from that episode. "Shut up, shut up! If I don't hear you, it's not illegal!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnJcZ-5P8hE

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
Has anybody considered that he's lying about the whole thing and is just saying these things to get views? Idk I haven't watched any of his videos.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
His comments are even better. He's deleting a bunch right now.

Someone told him that income from his patreon and kickstarter supporters is taxable too and he said that was "illogical."

He also said the fact that the iRS allows businesses deductions is a trap to screw "the little guy" and "prevent them from growing their business" because who could resist being able to deduct everything?

lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Easychair Bootson posted:

Has anybody considered that he's lying about the whole thing and is just saying these things to get views? Idk I haven't watched any of his videos.

He was trying to hide who he was in most of the reddit posts, i mean he could be faking it but he seems genuinely pretty dumb

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

His comments are even better. He's deleting a bunch right now.

Someone told him that income from his patreon and kickstarter supporters is taxable too and he said that was "illogical."

He also said the fact that the iRS allows businesses deductions is a trap to screw "the little guy" and "prevent them from growing their business" because who could resist being able to deduct everything?

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEL65gywwHQ

Just write it off.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Bad With Money: I tried to claim my divorce as a business expense since she was trying to take my business from me, common sense.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Jan posted:

owned

Ah the Dave Chapelle defense. I'm sorry officer, I didn't know I couldn't do that.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

quote:

According to certain tax laws I didn't know about and Turbotax didn't inform me of, you cannot deduct more than 1/29 of a business property acquisition each year. Turbotax never had a pop-up dialogue that said "Hey you can't claim more that 1/29 that property." Never happened.

I get that if you're not too bright and have never heard of accrual basis accounting, then the very idea of amortization can seem weird. But I'm a TurboTax user and Schedule E filer and can confirm TurboTax absolutely walks you through setting up amortization on real property. It just won't stop you from putting garbage numbers into other business expense fields (how could it?). I'll bet that the Schedule C section works exactly the same way and he's not even being honest that TurboTax led him astray.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SlapActionJackson posted:

I get that if you're not too bright and have never heard of accrual basis accounting, then the very idea of amortization can seem weird. But I'm a TurboTax user and Schedule E filer and can confirm TurboTax absolutely walks you through setting up amortization on real property. It just won't stop you from putting garbage numbers into other business expense fields (how could it?). I'll bet that the Schedule C section works exactly the same way and he's not even being honest that TurboTax led him astray.

I get the feeling that he probably wasn't even in the right section for what he was trying to do and was just in TurboTax's home business expense section adding every single component of his house individually as a business expense

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
he's just gleefully running from room to room with a tape measure like "yep this is a home office, let's get some square footage" and in the end he's got the taxes figured that the IRS owed him 680,000 dollars or some poo poo

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I take the bus to work so I deduct the entire LA Metro system's budget as a business expense.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

cumshitter posted:

I take the bus to work so I deduct the entire LA Metro system's budget as a business expense.

Amateur. I drive on the freeway so I just deduct the entire budget for USDOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I think we've also glossed over the fact that TurboTax just says you're unlikely to get audited, not anything about the results of said audit if it occurs.

I live near a National Guard base and can see the barbed wire perimeter fence from my yardbusiness field so I've deducted the DoD's entire budget.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Sep 25, 2017