Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Jesus Christ, Barkley has become such a spineless twat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kkxb1N28v4

I think he almost has a good point there but lol @ trump listening to anyone about that stuff and having a change of heart for more than 5 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I think he almost has a good point there but lol @ trump listening to anyone about that stuff and having a change of heart for more than 5 minutes

I don't know. Seems like starting off a news cycle of attention and wave of other high profile athletes, teams, and sports organizations speaking out in support of you and against Trump is probably the ideal way for Steph Curry to use his status to make some kind of impact. It seems less likely that he could spend an hour in DC and figure out a way to pass DACA or convince Trump why talking like a white nationalist is a bad thing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know. Seems like starting off a news cycle of attention and wave of other high profile athletes, teams, and sports organizations speaking out in support of you and against Trump is probably the ideal way for Steph Curry to use his status to make some kind of impact. It seems less likely that he could spend an hour in DC and figure out a way to pass DACA or convince Trump why talking like a white nationalist is a bad thing.

For sure.

I'm warming up to Curry a lot. Gross.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

savage

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jack's Flow posted:

882,000 likes in 7 hours. Lebron did good. And now he had to post a video because that tweet blew up like that.

https://twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/911704933283520512

lebron go on chapo

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Trey Burke decided to join OKC then changed this mind today.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/911747576566878208

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spoeank posted:

lebron go on chapo

Steve Kerr go on Cum Town

Also Enes Kanter now that he's in New York actually should go on Chapo

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Libertine posted:

I love reading about what politicians think about athletes and what athletes think about politicians. It's riveting stuff. Maybe we can find out what the Speaker of the House thinks about the Melo trade or find out what the new look Chicago Bulls plan to do about the State of Illinois' budget crisis and outstanding pension liabilities.

This is a hall of fame level post.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Libertine posted:

I love reading about what politicians think about athletes and what athletes think about politicians. It's riveting stuff. Maybe we can find out what the Speaker of the House thinks about the Melo trade or find out what the new look Chicago Bulls plan to do about the State of Illinois' budget crisis and outstanding pension liabilities.

This but extremely unironically. I wish athletes were basically 1000x more political than they are.

Why should athletes and sports be apolitical when nobody else with money would ever even consider it. The owners are extremely political in aggregate.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I bet Obama had to be restrained from droning Bulls management while he was in office.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

[several hours of clips of last half decade of Melo playing poorly, out of position, not understanding what to do, having coaches fired because he doesn't want to play PF, followed by Ron Howard saying "He wasn't."]

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kilometers Davis posted:

For sure.

I'm warming up to Curry a lot. Gross.

Not liking Donald Trump is a low loving bar. There are plenty of grade A war criminals and Republican congresspeople (heavy overlap for sure but each individually Evil) who don't like and regularly talk poo poo about him

Curry still sucks

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

DeimosRising posted:

Not liking Donald Trump is a low loving bar. There are plenty of grade A war criminals and Republican congresspeople (heavy overlap for sure but each individually Evil) who don't like and regularly talk poo poo about him

Curry still sucks

I mean, I expected Steph Curry's reaction to anything political to be on par with Russell Wilson, the fact that he's willing to stake his goody-two-shoes reputation on poo poo-talking the president is impressive regardless.

More than Jordan ever did, or Kobe.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

DeimosRising posted:

Curry still sucks

Yeah it's not like this was a hard call. Can you imagine if they went?

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Lebron james called the president of the United States a bum 😂 mans got infinite clout

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/911760856450449408

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

hahaha

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZY9odiA-FN/

We're moving out of NBA responses here but watching this feels pretty good.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I don't think it's a big deal. But I'm glad it's the NBA not the NFL and this won't become a completely meaningless yet somehow utterly divisive national issue

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wait are people taking dumb basketball jokes and rivalries seriously.

Like Curry put UA's boss under pressure with his statements and forced UA's ceo to back off from 45's councils

Curry is very much that dude.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Libertine posted:

Athletes have the ability and resources to be community leaders. Many of them do more community service and charitable good than most people. If you can be a voice for good to help your community you should do so, regardless of what your occupation is. The more public your voice can be the better.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

EvanTH posted:

[several hours of clips of last half decade of Melo playing poorly, out of position, not understanding what to do, having coaches fired because he doesn't want to play PF, followed by Ron Howard saying "He wasn't."]

Lmfao

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I bet Obama had to be restrained from droning Bulls management while he was in office.

no one would have even cared, it would be well within his rights

oh hmmm i wonder if trump is a jets fan.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ramadu posted:

no one would have even cared, it would be well within his rights

oh hmmm i wonder if trump is a jets fan.

I hope Obama keeps taking those speaking engagements.

Needs to buy the Bulls from the Reinsdorfs.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That's an interesting trade. The Thunder gave up players who their coach didn't seem to trust a ton anyway and a second round pick. Hard to argue with that. They are gonna have to come up with a scheme to make sure one of those three is on the floor at all times though cuz that bench is still bad.

That's not shade on NY, although I agree with the person who posted they may have just been better buying him out full price.

Away all Goats posted:

:wtf: How does Presti keep getting away with this poo poo. What kind of dirt does he have on everybody

He must have found whatever it is this off season since he's been the one getting scammed the past few seasons.

Libertine posted:

You stand out as a contrarian, even though this is the SA forums, where most of us are generally on the contrarian spectrum. Congrats I guess.

Bigass Moth posted:

Which NBA player has released the best rap song? For my money Shaq's "you know how we do" from the Pootie Tang soundtrack will never be beaten.

It's Shaq, although I put a few tracks above that.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
ofc this poo poo goes down while i'm in the middle of a forest

congrats metapod see u in the first round...but not after it :yosbutt:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

:wtf: How does Presti keep getting away with this poo poo. What kind of dirt does he have on everybody

he discovered the bulls and knicks

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Thunder going all in before Russ and PG13 walk and leave a team of Melo and chaff

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

chunkles posted:

ofc this poo poo goes down while i'm in the middle of a forest

congrats metapod see u in the first round :yosbutt:

I was in the middle of a forest too, it's really a conspiracy.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Basketball goons in a forest?

Must be Hooping Harry and the Hendersons

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I was in an antique mall

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

I was in an antique mall

Looking for Jack Sikma jerseys is an expected SAS goon weekend activity.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I was playing NBA Live and Destiny 2 and hate-watching LSU football.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I saw Kingsmen 2. It was ok. Not as charming as the first one. I also am still laughing at Lebron James calling the United States President a bum.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's been an action packed day of superstar trades and telling off the chump-rear end president, but i want to remind all of you that Toast of London is an incredible television show

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Dexo posted:

Wait are people taking dumb basketball jokes and rivalries seriously.

Like Curry put UA's boss under pressure with his statements and forced UA's ceo to back off from 45's councils

Curry is very much that dude.

Curry basically got him fired is the rumor.

Lebron is the GOAT and if the country is still intact I expect him to be president within my lifetime.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
@realDonaldTrump is a KD alt

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Juaguocio posted:

@realDonaldTrump is a KD alt

Nah, one is farts the other is piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Uninvite ME? I'm there first thing taking a tour

• Locked thread