Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Motto posted:

I could see that vote being mainly about the actor rather than character based on the top 3, but he's a nice guy who gets an actual job, which probably puts him above a good chunk of a lineup that includes wanderer, hobo, maybe-dead laundryman, cat detective, etc.

As far as husband material goes, he really is the best option. I'd let him be my eternal best friend, if ya know what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

poo poo taste, where is the best husbando and sexiest Game Master?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
1. Hiro Mizushima who quit his acting career at his peak to take care of his sick wife
2. Fukushi Sota who wants to be friends with everyone unconditionally

The rest don't matter

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Survey is bullshit, it doesn't include any of the sexy doctors or the sexy coroner or the sexy god.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

1. Hiro Mizushima who quit his acting career at his peak to take care of his sick wife
2. Fukushi Sota who wants to be friends with everyone unconditionally

The rest don't matter

So he's basically Gentarou in real life as well? That's kinda cool.

And yes, much like Austin St. John in the west, Hiro Mizushima is basically a real life superhero based on what I've read about him (he also speaks fluent English).

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Surely you mean a superhiro.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Larryb posted:

And yes, much like Austin St. John in the west, Hiro Mizushima is basically a real life superhero based on what I've read about him (he also speaks fluent English).
Yeah, he trained the kid who played young Tendo in Japanese because the kid didn't speak hardly any Japanese at all. He also starred in Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad's live action with Den-O's main rider and did a pretty great job in that movie too.

He gets a ton of publicity for being a genuine person all the time, and like I said earlier nothing beats him quitting acting to take care of his extremely sick and frail wife while he was legitimately at the peak of his acting career. I know someone personally that had Graves' disease and that's not an easy thing to go through.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

In the third episode Sento said the belt originally just transformed him into Build, and then he modified it to find Best Matches. Does that just mean that he gave it the goofy voice, or did Build originally only use one bottle?

i assume that before the belt didn't announce whether you got a best match or not

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
best matches are important somehow and sento wasn't willing to go through every possible combination in that wall thingy each time he got a new bottle. instead, he probably spent way more time theorizing about how to calculate best matches rather than spend a few minutes plugging pieces of plastic into a wall.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TokuNation/status/911440064189624320

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was Dragon Knight any good? I only ever saw like, one episode. Which I guess contributed to it being an unmitigated failure.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TenCentFang posted:

Was Dragon Knight any good? I only ever saw like, one episode. Which I guess contributed to it being an unmitigated failure.

It certainly treated the suit for Kamen Rider Femme/Swan better.

It was ambitious. It took Ryuki and tried to tell a more traditional toku series with it, while also having some genuinely interesting ideas and usage of suits.

It's just...really flawed.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
How about in comparison to Masked Rider?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TenCentFang posted:

How about in comparison to Masked Rider?

It's better than Masked Rider in that the creators actually tried for the most part (in fact, I'd say it's even better than Ryuki in some aspects), but that's not exactly a high bar to clear. Dragon Knight did have problems of it's own though (like wasting at least 3 episodes on clip shows for example, one of which being the final episode).

A pity the company that made it went under shortly after the series was finished as otherwise I wouldn't mind seeing them take another crack at the franchise some day.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 23, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

best matches are important somehow and sento wasn't willing to go through every possible combination in that wall thingy each time he got a new bottle. instead, he probably spent way more time theorizing about how to calculate best matches rather than spend a few minutes plugging pieces of plastic into a wall.

The fullbottles also have their Best Match letters printed on them. :shepface: that's a toy thing, but still.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Motto posted:

The fullbottles also have their Best Match letters printed on them. :shepface: that's a toy thing, but still.

Maybe Sento can't read English.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It should be noted that it never stood a chance anyways.

It came on the WB at a time where NOTHING was on the WB in the time slot it got shoved into, and a good chunk of episodes never even aired.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

I can confirm that this is unironically how engineers work.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Burkion posted:

It should be noted that it never stood a chance anyways.

It came on the WB at a time where NOTHING was on the WB in the time slot it got shoved into, and a good chunk of episodes never even aired.

Imagine if it got aired now what with Supernatural, I, Zombie and the DCCW lineup to help with lead ins and cross promotions. Hell, it'd fit right alongside the DCCW stuff since superheroes are pretty much a step and some toy merchandising opportunities away from Toku.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

TenCentFang posted:

It had half the budget of a Power Ranger series per episode, and a much shorter filming schedule, and was the first TV job of most of the people involved. It's like a really earnest and heartfelt work by mostly enthusiastic amateurs saddled with a series that isn't easy to adapt.

I enjoyed it anyway, but boy, do I wish they had realized spinning the camera in circles around exposition scenes was a bad idea.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I'm kind of under the impression that the Build Driver can only transform from human to Rider on a best match. Other than that, yeah, it's goofy that he doesn't just start plugging unmatched bottles into each other. Maybe the bottles drain a little when they're used like that, which would make sense? Although they must refill over time, too, or Rabbit Tank would be in trouble. Either that, or Sento's not informing Ryuuga that the bottle matcher is sending a blast of neutrinos straight through his testicles every time he plugs something into it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I started watching Ganbarizing videos recently and while it's probably very unfun to play, the animations are great and this video just shows a lot of love for the series involved in it. That said, spoiler warning for Build, it shows stuff about Night Rogue that hasn't appeared in the series yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebiJBSRQrXs

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larryb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyBaO8yO7Qc

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Do you think he does that with all the English loan words in everyday conversation?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

Do you think he does that with all the English loan words in everyday conversation?
Most people I've met who are bilingual use the japanese pronunciations of loan words unless they're speaking the whole sentence in English

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

RealFoxy posted:

Most people I've met who are bilingual use the japanese pronunciations of loan words unless they're speaking the whole sentence in English

I meant on purpose to gently caress with people. :v:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ex-Aid episode 3: The level 1 beer barrels suit stuff are mostly CG, yes, but I simultaneously admire and feel bad for the suit actors for trying SO HARD to make it work.

I am pretty sure that the level one suit actor for Hiiro (What is his Kamen Rider name?) meant to flip open the driver in one motion. It clicked open, but the actor lost his grip so he pushed it open when the camera angle switched.

EDIT: Also, I do not want to go back into the thread and possibly spoil myself (Well, spoil myself even more so than I am already am, anyway), but I understand there is a "THAT EPISODE" at episode 12 or 13, right?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 24, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Unlucky7 posted:

Ex-Aid episode 3: The level 1 beer barrels suit stuff are mostly CG, yes, but I simultaneously admire and feel bad for the suit actors for trying SO HARD to make it work.

I am pretty sure that the level one suit actor for Hiiro (What is his Kamen Rider name?) meant to flip open the driver in one motion. It clicked open, but the actor lost his grip so he pushed it open when the camera angle switched.

EDIT: Also, I do not want to go back into the thread and possibly spoil myself (Well, spoil myself even more so than I am already am, anyway), but I understand there is a "THAT EPISODE" at episode 12 or 13, right?

Yeah it's kind of slow up to that point, but once the opening basically vanishes you're in good waters

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I want to make a joke about Kamen Rider Lazer but I am pretty sure whatever I come up with has already been rode into the ground.

EDIT: :haw: Much like Lazer himself HOOO :haw:

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Sep 24, 2017

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

gourdcaptain posted:

It had half the budget of a Power Ranger series per episode, and a much shorter filming schedule, and was the first TV job of most of the people involved. It's like a really earnest and heartfelt work by mostly enthusiastic amateurs saddled with a series that isn't easy to adapt.

I enjoyed it anyway, but boy, do I wish they had realized spinning the camera in circles around exposition scenes was a bad idea.

I'm glad Dragon Knight at least bothered to give the characters in a show about motorcycle riding bugmen motorcycles. No, the Rideshooters don't count. In the original, Ryuki and Knight only get anything once they get survive cards and those were too bulky and Supermode dependent to do anything with.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

galagazombie posted:

I'm glad Dragon Knight at least bothered to give the characters in a show about motorcycle riding bugmen motorcycles. No, the Rideshooters don't count. In the original, Ryuki and Knight only get anything once they get survive cards and those were too bulky and Supermode dependent to do anything with.

That, and Dragon Knight has the far cooler Henshin effects. Heck, Wing Knight's bike even had a cool transformation it did when he transformed! Also, their use of the Ryuki vs Ryuga fight from the movie was completely brilliant. Downside, there's the bit where they ran out of filming time and Kamen Rider Wrath (Odin equivalent) somehow managed do defeat himself with his own Final Vent which looks like a flaming faceplant. The show also had as a result of the budget and time issues four clip shows including the final episode.

Don't get me wrong, while I like Ryuki better overall, Dragon Knight was pretty enjoyable and I find it sadly hilarious it did better in Japan than it did here, complete with getting spin-off media, although having it dubbed by professionals probably helped a lot.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's like a reverse of that old situation where a good dub rescues a mediocre anime. Except double-reverse. If I watched a subbed version of the Japanese dub of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, do you think I'd get caught in a time vortex?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Can someone who's a math major or higher help decipher the episode card for the latest episode of Build? The most I've gotten is that it involves the chromatic number for a planar graph and it's equal to 4. I assume it's in reference to the four color theorem, but my level of maths understanding goes up to what I can gather from google, wikipeida and wolframalpha with an actual maths education that goes up to DiffEq and Calculus 3.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Build is going at an absolute breakneck pace, holy poo poo. In another show, that would've been like the episode 30 reveal.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Unlucky7 posted:

Hiiro is Kamen Rider Brave.

Also I love these dorks. They seem to be having so much fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rvdX7UGsEI

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hiiro is Kamen Rider Brave.

And as always, NEO Kuroto Dan DEUS steals the show.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

PMush Perfect posted:

Build is going at an absolute breakneck pace, holy poo poo. In another show, that would've been like the episode 30 reveal.

Yeah, seriously. Amazingly enough it doesn't feel super rushed.

Ep 4 spoiler/speculation: Who else is betting Sento got amnesia through a double dose of Smashification since they set that up with Nabeshima?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was one hell of a cliffhanger

"Answer me! Are you with Faust?!"

Next Time, on Kamen Rider Build: "Yes, I am with Faust"

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
My initial thoughts were that Sento got just one dose, but it may have been extra-strong - who could have turned him back human for second? But that theory is plausible. Boss is probably Martian though, and got himself into Faust to do whatever he wanted with the box. At some point Rogue went bad, he quit and then stumbled on survivor to (covertly) fight Faust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

They are such cute dorks, and while Dan Kuroto DEUS gives the best performance, Kiriya and Emu can pull off some cool poo poo on stage. I can't wait to see these guys again, the V-Cinemas and Heisei Generations FINAL seem so far away.