Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yug posted:

If it's true he is a raging alcoholic womanizer that's pretty awesome from the point of view of me a Colts fan. I like having crazy stupid people like Bort in the league just not on my team.

I dunno. I like having the Colt's owner carrying that crown. It is his cross to bear for the AFC South.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Just want to say that Rishard Mathews is underappreciated. That is all

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

Just want to say that Rishard Mathews is underappreciated. That is all

he's pretty badass. that catch he made last week while Barry Church drilled him was amazing.

I watched his 2016 highlights a few times before the draft and convinced myself the Titans didn't need a 1st round receiver (Corey Davis looks good tho):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNdI6FXHSto
great FA signing

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Let's go the... jags?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Jesus loving Christ Jaguars

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ravens ain't poo poo but hoes and tricks

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Getting up at 5 am to watch a drat football game ended up being the right call

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
What I'm trying to say is Go The Jaguars.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm so confused right now. Are the Titans that good that the Jaguars clowned on the Texans and Ravens easily, but lost hilariously to the Titans?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm so confused right now. Are the Titans that good that the Jaguars clowned on the Texans and Ravens easily, but lost hilariously to the Titans?

yes

you have to factor in homefield advantage though

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Stevie Lee posted:

yes

you have to factor in homefield advantage though
Whose homefield advantage? The Jaguars won AT Houston, lost at HOME Titans, then beat the Ravens at "HOME" in England.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

It seems the Jags have a good defense and a crap offense, which the Texans couldn't capitalize on because they have no offense and the Ravens couldn't capitalize on because they were hungover or whatever, while the Titans were able to keep the defense on the field long enough that Bortles being bad started becoming a major factor.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

It seems the Jags have a good defense and a crap offense, which the Texans couldn't capitalize on because they have no offense and the Ravens couldn't capitalize on because they were hungover or whatever, while the Titans were able to keep the defense on the field long enough that Bortles being bad started becoming a major factor.
Makes sense to me. Now the Jaguars will find some weird way to lose to the Jets next week.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The good person in me says Fire BOB.

The bad person in me says Keep Him, Texans.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Whose homefield advantage? The Jaguars won AT Houston, lost at HOME Titans, then beat the Ravens at "HOME" in England.

'99

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

The bad person in me says Keep Him, Texans.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Goddamn Watson was loving electric today. I really hope O'Brien doesn't gently caress him up before he's not the head coach anymore but this kid is fun to watch.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
*Looks around and taps on the mic*

"Go Jags! Duuuuvaaaallll!"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
duuuuuuu valllllll

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Watson looks like the real deal. loving Corey Moore. That was a gift wrapped game winning pick. Remember he was the "you're going to get me cut" guy from Hard Knocks. :sigh:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Randaconda posted:

duuuuuuu valllllll

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just realized the Jags are back on top of the AFC South

:yaycloud:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Randaconda posted:

just realized the Jags are back on top of the AFC South

:yaycloud:

Not anymore. :smuggo:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

We'll get the second game, as the prophecy foretold. :colbert:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Randaconda posted:

We'll get the second game, as the prophecy foretold. :colbert:

Yeah, I'm prepared.

The real gutpunch will be losing to the Colts in Week 6, though.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably Magic posted:

Yeah, I'm prepared.

The real gutpunch will be losing to the Colts in Week 6, though.

Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby, don't you do it!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Afcs actually looking like quality football when not playing in our own division

Owns

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Afcs actually looking like quality football when not playing in our own division

Owns
Except the Colts.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I've felt better about my football team of choice 66.6% of the time the last three weeks. That's three times the total from the last three years! You do the math.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Except the Colts.

They won! Brissett looks really good, and the young guys in the secondary all look like they have real potential. Not their fault the coach decides to go conservative right out of the half.

Once they get a good coach, they should be back to being really good in a couple years.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
It feels weird to be cautiously optimitisic about the Titans. I've been a fan since I was a 9 year old Canadian kid living in Nashville who was trying to fit in with Americans when they first played there. Last several years I've just gotten used to the Titans being poo poo. I loving hated the Mularkey hire and thought I'd be in for more of the same garbage but I have to give him props for not being the garbage coach I thought he'd be. I'm going to wear my ancient Steve McNair hat with pride now even if they poo poo themselves again, which is rare since I've lived in Dallas for 13 years now. It's nice feeling optimistic about my team. Also props to both the Titans and the Seahawks for staying in the locker rooms for the anthem. I was worried the Titans controlling owner would have them on the sidelines but apparently she was in the locker room with them, so gently caress yeah Titans.

I've lurked here for years so feels weird actually posting but gently caress it, Titans are actually worth talking about now.

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 25, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wow they beat the Browns :geno:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans have always been worth talking about you coward :colbert:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
yeah, really. I watched every game of all the bad seasons. even Volek's year. I watched Matt Mauck start an NFL game. I watched Mettenberger (another garbage LSU qb) lose every game he started. I watched Jake fuckin Locker try to play strong safety after all the picks he threw.

plenty of room on the bandwagon tho

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
also, what the Titans have done to the Jags and Seahawks defenses compared to other teams is really impressive.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Except the Colts.

Hey now, we beat the Browns.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Stevie Lee posted:

also, what the Titans have done to the Jags and Seahawks defenses compared to other teams is really impressive.
The joys of having a quality OL....

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Except the Colts.

Hey they beat the Browns.

gently caress beaten didn't think anyone else would dare let it be known they are a Colts watcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol I still can't believe the Texans a) actually honest to god should have won a meaningful game in Foxborough and b) pissed it away anyway

That final Pats drive was brutal, especially the dropped pick that was basically a gimme game winner

• Locked thread