Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
People really haven't played enough multiplayer for there to be a meta yet. I wouldn't worry about lords not being picked just yet.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
When do you guys think we'll get Araby? Bridge DLC between 2 and 3 like Norsca were?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

BillBear posted:

When do you guys think we'll get Araby? Bridge DLC between 2 and 3 like Norsca were?

The only army book faction we can get as DLC is Tomb Kings, so I'd guess after them, but before any other minor faction given Araby at least has an army from Warmaster to be based on. So I am placing my bet as, say, the fifth DLC after the two Lord packs, Tomb Kings and the obligatory Blood Pack.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

BillBear posted:

Some CA guy in an interview said recently that it'll be a longer wait for Game 3 because they're putting out the next historical game first.

That does probably mean we'll get more Game 2 DLC though since it'll have to endure longer than Game 1 did.

Other than that all we know is that they've hinted super hard that Tomb Kings will be the first race DLC and whatever other races we get will be further down the road.

quote:

The only army book faction we can get as DLC is Tomb Kings, so I'd guess after them, but before any other minor faction given Araby at least has an army from Warmaster to be based on. So I am placing my bet as, say, the fifth DLC after the two Lord packs, Tomb Kings and the obligatory Blood Pack.

I don't know about that, given the other plausible options are Zombie Pirates (Full army list+LL from White Dwarf) and Tilea/Dogs of War (Full armybook and model range just a little dated) which I daresay both trump Warmaster for ease of adapting.

That's also assuming they don't decide to capitalize on selling DLC for the Mortal Empires campaign. Notably the last update included new voice work for Kislev and new followers for the Southern Realms, so there might be a little prep work being done there. There's also the fact that Southern Realms have a larger presence than Empire on the Vortex Campaign map.

Mind you I do think they'll do Araby, but I don't think they'll be next after Tomb Kings necessarily.

madmac fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 24, 2017

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

ZearothK posted:

Blood pack is shared between game 1 and 2.

Edit: It's the same blood pack for both games, you buy it for 1, you get it for 2. You buy it for 2, you get it for one. It's retroactive, just one pack for both games.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/194188/blood-and-gore-will-carry-from-game-1-to-game-2-for-free

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 24, 2017

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Blood pack is shared between game 1 and 2.

I know that, but the game 2 blood pack isn't out yet, it will probably be the first DLC in a couple of weeks.

quote:

That's also assuming they don't decide to capitalize on selling DLC for the Mortal Empires campaign. Notably the last update included new voice work for Kislev and new followers for the Southern Realms, so there might be a little prep work being done there. There's also the fact that Southern Realms have a larger presence than Empire on the Vortex Campaign map.

Oh, didn't know they had added that content. I do concur that Southern Realms could be a DLC coming in, possibly earlier, specially since they have both Pirates of Sartosa (which have an awkward province to insert in the Vortex map) and New World Colonies under Southern Realms, plus that Norscan tech specifically about fighting Tilea.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 24, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

madmac posted:

I don't know about that, given the other plausible options are Zombie Pirates (Full army list+LL from White Dwarf)

Huh, I hadn't realized that there was an actual list for the Vampire Coast, but sure enough they've got an entire set of semi-unique units, and I can definitely see CA digging deep to expand on it. Hooking them into the Vortex objective might be a little harder though.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Mordja posted:

Huh, I hadn't realized that there was an actual list for the Vampire Coast, but sure enough they've got an entire set of semi-unique units, and I can definitely see CA digging deep to expand on it. Hooking them into the Vortex objective might be a little harder though.

Luthor Harkon fractured his mind and lost most of his power when he tried to break through some magical defenses the lizardmen put on one of their temple cities.

"Oh look the vortex is destabilized, now's the chance for Luthor to use its magical energy to restore his mind and his power"

bam, inclusion into the vortex campagin

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

amazons when

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Ninjahund has been streaming legendary Skrolk skaven for 8 hours and is fighting for his life at every turn.
It's like playing a Skarsnik campaign for the first time with a punishing food mechanic on top.
Their lovely basic units and garrisons get like 2 pixels worth of respect in autoresolve.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I suspect DLC will be something like the following:

Confirmed as gently caress:
- Combined map
- Blood DLC
- TOMB KINGS (probably Settra and Khalida?)

Likely:
- Thanquol
- Ikkit Claw
- Alarielle
- Crone Hellebron (or maybe Malus Darkblade, but probably Hellebron)

Possible:
- Araby
- Estalia (and/or Tilea)
- Vampire Coast (The Experiment? Bit of a stretch.)

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

unwantedplatypus posted:

Luthor Harkon fractured his mind and lost most of his power when he tried to break through some magical defenses the lizardmen put on one of their temple cities.

"Oh look the vortex is destabilized, now's the chance for Luthor to use its magical energy to restore his mind and his power"

bam, inclusion into the vortex campagin

Also Luthor Harkon's mindfuck was called "The Great Experiment." so, ya know.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Rookersh posted:

Also Luthor Harkon's mindfuck was called "The Great Experiment." so, ya know.

Did not realise that.

I hope tomb kings are more Norsca than Brettonia. The Bret campaign and general style was a bit of a letdown for me, whereas the norse were just ace.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

tarbrush posted:

Did not realise that.

I hope tomb kings are more Norsca than Brettonia. The Bret campaign and general style was a bit of a letdown for me, whereas the norse were just ace.

TK will probably be something like wood elves

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I wonder what they could do with Tomb Kings on the strategic map to set them apart from Vampire Counts. They could give them Raise Dead as well but I feel like it doesn't seem to suit them like the Vampire Counts since their skellymans are their own actual subjects, not reanimated puppets of dead enemies. And we already have 3 different flavors of corruption already.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Luthor Harkon even got an underling in End Times called Captain Drekla that could serve as a second lord for a possible Vampire Coast faction.

Granted he only appeared in about one or two paragraphs and has like two pieces of art to his name, but I can dream of cool playable zombie pirates.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Gonkish posted:

I suspect DLC will be something like the following:

Confirmed as gently caress:
- TOMB KINGS (probably Settra and Khalida?)

They have said that any future faction DLC will have 4 legendary lords instead of a mini-campaign. Hopefully they'll all be meaningful and we won't end up with a bunch of lazy Alberics :effort:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Luthor Harkon even got an underling in End Times called Captain Drekla that could serve as a second lord for a possible Vampire Coast faction.

Granted he only appeared in about one or two paragraphs and has like two pieces of art to his name, but I can dream of cool playable zombie pirates.

"Ghorst Who" and Norsca made a lot of things possible, or at least credible.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Easy to figure the four Tomb King LLs as Settra, Khalida, Khatep, and Arkhan. If Nagash is ever a thing, swap Arkhan for Apophas.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have yet to make a campaign with Norsca, Beastmen or Wood Elves but here i am pre-ordering Total Warhams 2. I hate having money.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

sauer kraut posted:

Ninjahund has been streaming legendary Skrolk skaven for 8 hours and is fighting for his life at every turn.
It's like playing a Skarsnik campaign for the first time with a punishing food mechanic on top.
Their lovely basic units and garrisons get like 2 pixels worth of respect in autoresolve.

Ahahaha. He had Teclis locked down to the Turtle Isles, and then sent a full stack of clanrats to finish him off only to find out that Teclis's two small armies are made up entirely of Swordmasters, Phoenixes, and Dragons.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

madmac posted:

Ahahaha. He had Teclis locked down to the Turtle Isles, and then sent a full stack of clanrats to finish him off only to find out that Teclis's two small armies are made up entirely of Swordmasters, Phoenixes, and Dragons.

The best part was saving up for his big 10k Intervention army, who spawned on the middle of Elf island and died a horrible death immediately :smith:

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Ninjahunds stream was great. So many crazy loving battles, the AI had some tough armies. Lizardmen look scary as Skaven man.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ninjahund is generally a chill dude. Good at the game, seems to have a pretty good attitude, and has that weird Scandinavian accent thing going for him.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Gonkish posted:

Ninjahund is generally a chill dude. Good at the game, seems to have a pretty good attitude, and has that weird Scandinavian accent thing going for him.

He's pretty arrogant at how good he is at the game, which would be a big deal if he didn't constantly prove his arrogance justified.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Being a bit full of himself isn't so bad in the world of twitch streamers. Although the claim of being the best TW player obviously belongs to Ondjage, who wins practically every MP tournament he participates in.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

But how are his posting skills?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

unwantedplatypus posted:

TK will probably be something like wood elves

I'm betting something closer to a grudge style mechanic where after losses in battle/sackings you have to go kill the army responsible to recover your treasure or suffer penalties

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Panfilo posted:

I wonder what they could do with Tomb Kings on the strategic map to set them apart from Vampire Counts. They could give them Raise Dead as well but I feel like it doesn't seem to suit them like the Vampire Counts since their skellymans are their own actual subjects, not reanimated puppets of dead enemies. And we already have 3 different flavors of corruption already.

Lore-wise they're all about their artefacts, and getting them back out of the mortals' grubby hands. That could be a good hook for a unique strategic mechanic, particularly since Warhams 2 introduces a mechanic for searching through ruins and shipwrecks for loot. Spitballing here, let's say you scatter a bunch of Tomb King-specific artefacts around the map in these spots, generally focused closer to the TK heartlands but also a bit further away. If you dig one of those up and bring it back to one of your cities to install there, it gives you a nice chunky strategic effect of some sort. If you sack a city with an artefact (or defeat an army carrying one), you'll get it for yourself. The Tomb Kings as a faction get a Book of Grudges-style tracker that gives them additional bonuses for reclaiming these artefacts, and a malus if they let other factions hold them for too long. Victory condition could be gathering a certain number of artefacts in addition to some other stuff. Make the AI nice and aggressive towards anybody owning a stolen artefact but passive towards everyone else, and there you go.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Would I be wrong in assuming the Vampire Coast = the undead from pirates of the Caribbean? That sounds awesome.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

BillBear posted:

Would I be wrong in assuming the Vampire Coast = the undead from pirates of the Caribbean? That sounds awesome.

Basically, but with bonus giant sea monsters. So like Davy Jones' Kraken and poo poo like that.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My brother-in-law just asked me about Total War Warhammer because he saw that the latest NVIDIA drivers are meant for Warhammer II. I pointed him to the Humble Bundle deal and recommended Dwarfs as a good starting faction. He knows nothing about Warhammer, but picked it up and the King and the Warlord DLC because it was Dwarf-related.

Do I warn him about Grimgor? :ohdear:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Imo no. Grimgor is best experienced.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Safety Factor posted:

My brother-in-law just asked me about Total War Warhammer because he saw that the latest NVIDIA drivers are meant for Warhammer II. I pointed him to the Humble Bundle deal and recommended Dwarfs as a good starting faction. He knows nothing about Warhammer, but picked it up and the King and the Warlord DLC because it was Dwarf-related.

Just ominously tell him to beware of the once and future Git.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Nawww, tell him to go north and ignore the south as much as possible.
Grimgor isn't any threat at all.
Really.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Perestroika posted:

Lore-wise they're all about their artefacts, and getting them back out of the mortals' grubby hands. That could be a good hook for a unique strategic mechanic, particularly since Warhams 2 introduces a mechanic for searching through ruins and shipwrecks for loot. Spitballing here, let's say you scatter a bunch of Tomb King-specific artefacts around the map in these spots, generally focused closer to the TK heartlands but also a bit further away. If you dig one of those up and bring it back to one of your cities to install there, it gives you a nice chunky strategic effect of some sort. If you sack a city with an artefact (or defeat an army carrying one), you'll get it for yourself. The Tomb Kings as a faction get a Book of Grudges-style tracker that gives them additional bonuses for reclaiming these artefacts, and a malus if they let other factions hold them for too long. Victory condition could be gathering a certain number of artefacts in addition to some other stuff. Make the AI nice and aggressive towards anybody owning a stolen artefact but passive towards everyone else, and there you go.

This is cool and good and gives me all sorts of ideas they could do:

-Have your campaign goal to gather up various artifacts; maybe fragments of something you assemble together into one super artifact. These would be in some faction capitals giving a reason to venture out to recover them.

-Give Tomb Kings a lot of unique wargear specific to them, obtained by exploring ruins, defeating armies, and razing cities. Some would be random, but others specific.

-Tomb King Cities contain a reliquary which needs a specific relic you can obtain through the above mentioned methods. Some buildings and research might require a particular object to be in your control, but enemies could later steal it from you as well. On the diplomacy map, some factions might be 'larcenous' which causes the AI to actively try to steal your Mint Condition Canopic Jars (I could see Skaven, Araby, Norscans, etc prone to this behavior). Losing the relic loses the bonus, and you'd have to get it back.

-Perhaps Tomb Kings could get unique diplomatic options, like demanding the return of a relic/artifacts in exchange for peace. Perhaps the AI Tomb Kings factions could threaten to curse your entire race giving you global penalties until the curse is lifted or they are wiped out. Similarly, coughing up their old heirlooms and relics might cause long term morale and public order penalties since the owners might still feel the Golden Doodad is 'their' relic since it might have been originally stolen/found by an ancestor centuries earlier.

These things give the faction a reason to extend out from their home territory, and also make them a credible threat while still mainly being isolationist.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Looking forward to Total War Warhammer II: A Reptile dysfunction

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Total War: Warhammer III: The last game, but not the last because we want all the grogs to flip their poo poo.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

• Locked thread